Report: Fox has "Accepted his Fate"

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
John Fox has reportedly 'accepted his fate,' basically telling people he'll be fired
The Chicago Bears coach is probably not going to survive 2017

The Chicago Bears are not having a good season in 2017, struggling on both sides of the ball. They've had at least one pretty surprising upset, beating Carolina at home, and kept it close against the Steelers and Falcons. But they're just undermanned, particularly on offense. It would not be surprising to see John Fox fired.

So unsurprising, in fact, that even John Fox apparently knows he is probably being fired.

According to a report from Mike Garafolo of NFL Media, Fox has "accepted his fate" -- the "tone and what he's been saying" to various people essentially serves as an admission that he believes he is likely to be fired after the 2017 concludes.

None of this should be a huge surprise. Fox came into the season on the hot seat and was pretty hamstrung by his general manager, Ryan Pace, who used the No. 2 pick on North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky after the Bears traded up one spot in the draft. That's not to say Trubisky isn't good -- he's shown clear flashes of being a franchise quarterback -- but using a high pick on a guy who was expected to sit for the season doesn't help a coach on a short leash, especially when they already signed Mike Glennon to a big contract in free agency.

And there was the matter of Pace reportedly not even telling Fox that he was going to take the rookie quarterback.

The writing was on the wall before the season started when it came to Fox, with big injuries to important players (Cameron Meredith, the team's top wideout, tore his ACL before the year began) and questionable game management (Fox challenged a play against the Packers that actually gave Green Bay the ball).

Chicago hasn't been a real contender in the NFC North this year and Fox has not been an inspiring figure as the coach. He knows he's going to get canned once the season ends and he's basically telling people as much.

The Bears are going to be one of many teams in a potentially crowded market for head coaches and Fox is going to be at an interesting crossroads in the career of a guy who has been the head coach of three different NFL teams.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-fate-basically-telling-people-hell-be-fired/

Liked Posts:
clone-dance-party5.gif

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If Pace was allowed to pick his own coach from the get-go, not saying it would've definitely worked out better, but would've avoided some heartbreak for all involved. In any case, let's get an offensive mind in here to work with the young quarterback for years to come. There's actually a bright future if it's managed even remotely correctly.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace was allowed to pick his own coach from the get-go, not saying it would've definitely worked out better, but would've avoided some heartbreak for all involved. In any case, let's get an offensive mind in here to work with the young quarterback for years to come. There's actually a bright future if it's managed even remotely correctly.

From your lips to "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi's ears . . .

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Even in his interview yesterday after the game, he was talking without much enthusiasm, and more than once he said "they" when normally you would expect him to say "we". Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but he looks defeated, even with a win.

But yesterday's win, nor the final three games should have an impact on whether or not to send Fox packing.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
In other words, Fox is resigned to this fate and there's not much fire in him? Since Terry Boers retired, which reporter would ask John Faux this question?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
You can literally see Fox wince, believing his fate to be complete blasphemy, as if he has been forsaken, then the past 3 years of his life flash before his eyes, allowing him to fully succumb and openly accept his demise with open arms. He can taste the defeat . . tastes like vasoline and shame

111.gif

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I guess he stopped dick tatoring the O yesterday.
:clap:
hqdefault.jpg
This is my thought as well. There is a reason the handcuffs came off yesterday. Fox is no longer dictating what the offense should do. This is best for everybody.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
He’s like Ron Turner. When Griese’s headset went off he lead a game winning drive. He’s a fucking NFL coach and his team improves when he’s incapacitated

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he didn't think he was going to be fired after the season then that would confirm that he has alzheimers.

Foreign Banana

Liked Posts:
If Pace was allowed to pick his own coach from the get-go, not saying it would've definitely worked out better, but would've avoided some heartbreak for all involved.

I am not understanding why Ryan Pace did not choose a coach. In every other Sport, that is what Managers do. I was not in Chicago at that time and many pardons if I am not knowing more.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I am not understanding why Ryan Pace did not choose a coach. In every other Sport, that is what Managers do. I was not in Chicago at that time and many pardons if I am not knowing more.
Some organizations have chronic dysfunction. Some places, owners pick gm and coach, or have people not knowledge in the sport picking who runs the team.

Those teams are rarely successful...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
As long as yesterday's win and the potential for 1 more doesn't ruin Pace's firing Monday in a couple more weeks, I don't care what ol Foxy has to say. See you on the flip side John.

We've long been fed the line that Pace was hired under the stipulation Fox would be the HC for him. I think it's about 50/50 that is how it went down. We don't know what happened back then, but I have a hard time believing a young GM wanted the archaic philosophy of John Fox to be running his team. That is why I think there is some truth to that rumor, which has been circulated since nearly day 1.

edit: I'll add. The Bears will continue to suck or be mediocre as long as George and Teddy are involved in GM related activities. George needs to take a step back, grow a set, and fire Teddy. Then disappear into the shadows and just watch from the luxury box. Let a football guy run the whole thing, not a bean counter piece of shit.

Last edited:

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Fox needs to go, no doubt...but to his credit..I don't think this team ever quit(like the Bengals did yesterday). But yeah, it's time to move on. If he didn't play that garbage conservative ball all season, we might have 2-3 more wins now.