Report: Fox has "Accepted his Fate"

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Fox was the proverbial "rebound" girlfriend, not something long term but enough to get past the disaster you just left (Trestman/Emery).

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox was the proverbial "rebound" girlfriend, not something long term but enough to get past the disaster you just left (Trestman/Emery).

Rebound girlfriend, indeed; he was the low-stress option to get you through the dark aftermath of the difficult Emery-Trestman relationship, willing to do anything to please, including anal, as he routinely took it up the a-fifty-five from the rest of the NFL to the tune of 13-and-32 . . .

Last edited:

Foreign Banana

Liked Posts:
Some organizations have chronic dysfunction. Some places, owners pick gm and coach, or have people not knowledge in the sport picking who runs the team.

Those teams are rarely successful...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I am understanding that team owners are more important. They pay managers large money to do the job. Why the owners pay so much for manager to do nothing? Owners can just do all of things with no manager and keep more money for the team.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
As long as yesterday's win and the potential for 1 more doesn't ruin Pace's firing Monday in a couple more weeks, I don't care what ol Foxy has to say. See you on the flip side John.

We've long been fed the line that Pace was hired under the stipulation Fox would be the HC for him. I think it's about 50/50 that is how it went down. We don't know what happened back then, but I have a hard time believing a young GM wanted the archaic philosophy of John Fox to be running his team. That is why I think there is some truth to that rumor, which has been circulated since nearly day 1.

edit: I'll add. The Bears will continue to suck or be mediocre as long as George and Teddy are involved in GM related activities. George needs to take a step back, grow a set, and fire Teddy. Then disappear into the shadows and just watch from the luxury box. Let a football guy run the whole thing, not a bean counter piece of shit.
Cubs fan said the same thing about Crain Kenney.

For the same reason, the Bears will not get rid of Phillips. He simply makes them too much money. What does need to happen is Phillips does need to get the Kenney treatment and be removed completely from all football decisions.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As long as yesterday's win and the potential for 1 more doesn't ruin Pace's firing Monday in a couple more weeks, I don't care what ol Foxy has to say. See you on the flip side John.

We've long been fed the line that Pace was hired under the stipulation Fox would be the HC for him. I think it's about 50/50 that is how it went down. We don't know what happened back then, but I have a hard time believing a young GM wanted the archaic philosophy of John Fox to be running his team. That is why I think there is some truth to that rumor, which has been circulated since nearly day 1.

edit: I'll add. The Bears will continue to suck or be mediocre as long as George and Teddy are involved in GM related activities. George needs to take a step back, grow a set, and fire Teddy. Then disappear into the shadows and just watch from the luxury box. Let a football guy run the whole thing, not a bean counter piece of shit.

That isn't true. Pace was hired before Fox was even fired in Denver.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am not understanding why Ryan Pace did not choose a coach. In every other Sport, that is what Managers do. I was not in Chicago at that time and many pardons if I am not knowing more.

He was a young first-time GM. Ownership decided to hire him only if he accepted the consultants "suggestion" for head coach.

The consultant eventually "suggested" Fox after he was fired in Denver.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He was a young first-time GM. Ownership decided to hire him only if he accepted the consultants "suggestion" for head coach.

The consultant eventually "suggested" Fox after he was fired in Denver.

Prove this

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Didn't we beat the Steelers? Article needs to check their facts.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
111.gif

The moment John Fox realized the game has passed him by . . . "Resigned" indeed . . .

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Pace was named GM 1/8/15 and Fox was named head coach 1/16/15.
Still, I doubt Pace picked Fox with only 8 days of research...

Less than 8 days actually.

Fox was fired from DEN then 4 days later he's Bears head coach. Funny how he catapulted to the top so fast.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
You know what I say about shoopster-on-the-brain, rupert. It can't make you famous . . .
The original shoopster was awful. You are like a bad cover band covering an awful band to begin with...