Thoughts and Observations Week 14: Bengals

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Falling to the 8th pick makes things interesting as we probably move out of the pass rusher area.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
For blocking being a weakness of his, Shaheen has done a damn good job. Especially considering the drastic leap in competition he made. I think it was the Wildcat run by Cohen he was out in front bulldozing lol. And yeah, no excuse for him not to be featured more in the pass game. Besides shitty coaching.

That play was awesome. It was great to see that kind of effort out of the rookie. Especially when early on sims had two plays that his poor effort prevented them from being huge gains.

On the first play, the pass to Bellamy, he had a chance to block one of two defenders downfield that would have give Bellamy at least ten more yards. Instead he let up and didn't try to block either of them.

And then in the second half Howard opened up with a 16 yard run. Sims immediately missed his block and his defender was able to trip Howard up and slow him down. That play would have been a huge gain if not a touchdown hadheheld hi last block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You made some interesting comments regarding Prince and Fuller, seems to me that Fuller is more the one who cannot catch an INT if his life depending on it.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Falling to the 8th pick makes things interesting as we probably move out of the pass rusher area.

Clelin Ferrell should be available at 8.

Or perhaps you go Quenton Nelson at 8 and then hope someone like Dorance Armstrong is available for us to choose in the 2nd round. That would be a solid 1, 2 combo.

Then you can cut Sitton and save a lot of extra dollars.

I'd address WR in FA - Try to sign both Josh Gordan and Paul Richardson.

It's time for Pace to go all out and Trubisky benefits from 3 of these 4 picks. The NFC North is still really not that strong which is what makes this season even more disappointing.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
If there was an opportunity to trade back in the first round and get and extra 2nd rounder (and Chubb and Fitzpatrick are off table already) then I'd take it.

[1] Dorance Armstrong (OLB), [2] Orlando Brown or Billy Price + [2] Equanimeous St. Brown (WR)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You made some interesting comments regarding Prince and Fuller, seems to me that Fuller is more the one who cannot catch an INT if his life depending on it.

Prince has 7 career interceptions in 80 career games.

He averages 1 int/11 games.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
For blocking being a weakness of his, Shaheen has done a damn good job. Especially considering the drastic leap in competition he made. I think it was the Wildcat run by Cohen he was out in front bulldozing lol. And yeah, no excuse for him not to be featured more in the pass game. Besides shitty coaching.

Watch the called back Cohen TD run too. He rides his defender into the sidelines giving Cohen a wide open cut back lane. Can't take away points for him failing to block Michael Johnson in a poorly schemed play (Howard missed his block too), but Shaheen's blocking has been a surprise to me.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shaheen is a beast. Sure he may not be Gronk, but Gronk is a once in a lifetime kind of player. There has never been a TE as dominant as a healthy Gronk. Don't know if you guys noticed this but Shaheen made a couple of really nice blocks in the run game as well.

Trubisky is making clear steps. I think we got the right guy; I think he's already better than Jay ever was. He's shown that he can make the same plays that Jay was capable of making while not turning the ball over.

Jackson had a couple off games in there but he's shown that he's what we've been searching for at safety: a playmaker who will make you pay for bad mistakes.

Cohen will be Darren Sproles like for years to come (barring injury)

Jordan Howard is incredible as a runner at the running back position. He isn't a good pass catcher though but it's certainly something he can improve upon. Even if he doesn't improve that skill I still would only take Leveon Bell over him (Zeke and gurley are arguable).

Sorry man, you have some good points, but the best TE I've seen play played with Dan Fouts in San Diego.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The play calling put our offense in a rhythm and the other team quit before the game started.

ping001

Liked Posts:
Good Observations. I not a fan of leno or Massie, but I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on a Tackle unless McGinchly is there and if we are out of the top 10 spots.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I sm not dead set on an OT in the first to compete with massie. But Windy, you seem to change where you stand on our OT’s quite a bit.

One week, Leno is a top OT. Next time you mention him it is in regards to him being replaced.

One week Massie is horrible. Next time, not in dire need of replacement.

Bottom line, IMO, we csn NOT start next season with Massie as starter, and we definitely should be adding depth/competition for Leno, though he could start. Preferably at RT, but that may not be easy to do depending on what is available.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
If that was the game plan on offense with Mitch under center all season the Bears would be in the thick of the playoff and would be that team no one would want to play.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have to slightly disagree with you Windy. Mitch did not need a game like that. He's as confidant today as he was last week. The NFL coaches know what Mitch can do so we don't need it for recruitment. The people who NEEDED that game were the Bears fans that have been moping around all season saying we're the Browns. Maybe now some of the board sad sacks will see what I've been seeing ever since Mitch started playing.... The future is bright.... Very bright.