Congrats Jordan Howard on Making History

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Dunno if this was posted but congrats to Jordan Howard for becoming the 1st Bear ever with 1,000 yards rushing in each of his 1st 2 seasons!

Also became the only other player than Walter Payton to post multiple seasons with 5+ games of 100 yards rushing per season.

He can still make a bit more history if he can hit 1300 yards for the season to also be the only other player than Payton with multiple 1300 yard rushing seasons.

And finally, if he can get 3 more TDs this season, he'll be the first running back in over 20 years to hit 10+ TDs in a season!

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2...f-his-first-two-seasons-walter-payton-bengals

Great job by Howard so far! Here's hoping to many, many more seasons and records!

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
A great runner and I know he's struggling as a pass catcher but he's not as bad as many on here make him out to be in that regard. He can improve upon that for sure.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Amazing that he is #4 in rushing, and only trails the Leader (Bell) by 73 yards. He had a couple of poor games running against 12 man boxes :).

He actually thrives when the Passing game is at least attempted.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard is a special talent, which is why he has earned the "Hubba Hubba" shoopster sobriquet. Nonetheless has he had lapses in focus during the season, and games like the Niners game for instance in which he seemed to pack up his tent early, perhaps in frustration over the awful scheming. With a competent staff who knows how to run him - not ruin him - there's no telling how dominant he can become . . .

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I think Howard is a terrible pass catcher - almost comically bad, like he's wearing thickly buttered gloves.

I think most people who post on here would have caught more of the passes he's had thrown his way than he has.

But it really doesn't matter that much when you run the ball like him, rare that any player is good at everything in their position and what he loses in catching ability he more than makes up for with his power running.

His performance has been historically good, and he runs so hard - got to love that attitude and commitment and he'll go on to be a great here if he can avoid injuries. Its also ideal that we have another talented young back in Cohen who can do his pass catching for him. Looking forward to years of watching those two tear it up, they really are pretty much everything you want from a 1-2 running back combination.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I think Howard is a terrible pass catcher - almost comically bad, like he's wearing thickly buttered gloves.

I think most people who post on here would have caught more of the passes he's had thrown his way than he has.

But it really doesn't matter that much when you run the ball like him, rare that any player is good at everything in their position and what he loses in catching ability he more than makes up for with his power running.

His performance has been historically good, and he runs so hard - got to love that attitude and commitment and he'll go on to be a great here if he can avoid injuries. Its also ideal that we have another talented young back in Cohen who can do his pass catching for him. Looking forward to years of watching those two tear it up, they really are pretty much everything you want from a 1-2 running back combination.

Don't forget our man Benny on those screens!

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Every time I watch him run it just amazes me how good he is.
He don't run all crazy mad like Adrien Peterson or fast like Sanders, but still gets the yrds.
He kind of runs like a pug, all bouncy and shit, it's actually kinda cute.
And he ALWAYS falls forward. Love the guy!
Can't even imagine what this team would look like without him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I fucking love Jordan Howard, he's easily my favorite player right now. Loved him coming out and knew he would supplant Langford in short order. He's been even better than I thought. Hopefully they get a better team around him so that he doesn't have to carry a Bears offense in vain like Anderson and Forte did before him.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Every time I watch him run it just amazes me how good he is.
He don't run all crazy mad like Adrien Peterson or fast like Sanders, but still gets the yrds.
He kind of runs like a pug, all bouncy and shit, it's actually kinda cute.
And he ALWAYS falls forward. Love the guy!
Can't even imagine what this team would look like without him.

Which brings up the point that one of the team needs is a backup RB. Cohen is a special talent, but they need a full time guy who can step in if Howard is injured.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Which brings up the point that one of the team needs is a backup RB. Cohen is a special talent, but they need a full time guy who can step in if Howard is injured.

Honestly I think between Cunningham, Cohen, and players they aren't using, they are fine. Cunningham is underused as hell. He was pretty good for the Rams.

AussieBear

A great runner and I know he's struggling as a pass catcher but he's not as bad as many on here make him out to be in that regard. He can improve upon that for sure.

Well hes not great for sure. Being the guy after Forte doesnt help with dat perception either. bears fans got spoilTT in the rb pass game with da forte..

Monster

Liked Posts:
Very solid back... stone hands but hopefully working on that.

ping001

Liked Posts:
Jordan was what Curtis Enis and Cedric Benson were suppose be, the big back who can be a workhorse and move the chains. What a bargain draft pick.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

His catching can only improve because it couldn't be much worse.
Congrats for being a great runner.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Agree that his hands aren't great, but I always have hope that with a couple of off-seasons, a player can drastically improve their catching abilities. Just look at Tim Jennings, he was absolutely awful and had so many missed INT opportunities. Then he hit the jug machine and then had like 8 INTs the following season. So I don't see why a hard working player like Howard wouldn't be able to improve it in a year or two.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Amazing that he is #4 in rushing, and only trails the Leader (Bell) by 73 yards. He had a couple of poor games running against 12 man boxes :).

He actually thrives when the Passing game is at least attempted.

Lets not forget he is doing it this on a terrible offense which had no passing attack and it behind bell by 73 yards while also having 50 less rushing attempts than bell.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
What Howard has done this yr is amazing. He has face 8-9 man boxes every game and still finds a way to produce. It amazes me how many long runs he seems to break for a guy that is not known for his speed. He reminds me a lot of a young frank Gore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Ground” Jordan “The Bulldozer” Howard, the man, the myth, the legend. I love him but not in a gay way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk