With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Falling into the 7-10 range makes the draft more interesting as we probably fall out of the Bradley Chubb, Minkah Fitzpatrick, QB trade down range.

If the Bears are picking 8th who are 2-3 players that you are looking at?

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:
7-10 I would think Ridley, Williams, Brown, Mcglinchey, Nelson, and Key are all in play here

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Talk to me after the next three games when our draft position changes even more...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
7-10 I would think Ridley, Williams, Brown, Mcglinchey, Nelson, and Key are all in play here

I wonder if the OL will start presenting good value there.

I am a little worried about Key and the off field stuff as well.

What would people's reaction be to taking an OG at 8? To me Nelson is the best player in the draft, but bad positional value.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

What would people's reaction be to taking an OG at 8? To me Nelson is the best player in the draft, but bad positional value.

I could care less about positional value. If you draft an solid player that helps your team, that's all that matters. Don't reach for an "impact" position and choose a lesser player (or even a bust)...

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrell goes before Key. I said it before, the Combine will play a huge role in Key's draft stock.

Nelson absolutely represents good Value outside of the top 5.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we fall to 8.... one thing I know for certain.... there will only be 7 blue chip players and then the drop off to the 8th pick will be unimaginable.

Once we get to the 8th pick we might as well choose a player out of the CFL.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If we fall to 8.... one thing I know for certain.... there will only be 7 blue chip players and then the drop off to the 8th pick will be unimaginable.

Satire aside. It's not that big of a deal this year. There are maybe 5 Bluechipers. The drop off in talent from 6-12 isn't much.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Pass rusher is a huge need but if the bears were to walk away with Nelson and Anthony Miller in the first two rounds I'd be doing backflips.

peanut33tillman

Liked Posts:

I personally love Nelson, I think he might be the best player in the draft. It’s just unfortunate he plays a non-sexy position, but I think he will be a perennial pro bowler year after year.

Keys Off the field issues are alarming, however I think he will test well at the combine and as long as he interviews well in teams feel he is committed I think he could be a riser. I think his game is similar to Floyd’s, both long rangy pass rushers with speed.

Brown, Mcglinchey and Williams I think will all go inside the top 20.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Satire aside. It's not that big of a deal this year. There are maybe 5 Bluechipers. The drop off in talent from 6-12 isn't much.

YMC6hSf.gif

It seems unlikely but every single NFL draft in the last 5 years has managed to shape up where the Bears are always 1 pick from having access to premiere talent.

And somehow it will happen again this year.....

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Pass rusher is a huge need but if the bears were to walk away with Nelson and Anthony Miller in the first two rounds I'd be doing backflips.

Absolutely this.
Quenton Nelson might be my favorite player in the draft. It may not be a sexy pick, but I think he will be a perennial Pro-Bowler for a decade. I'm no scout, but other scouts have said he is the best OG they have scouted since Zach Martin. Sitton and Long are getting older and are becoming injury-prone. Nelson and Whitehair would be a formidable duo in the interior for a long time. Would love that pick, even though I'm sure many others would hate it and say it was too big of a reach due to positional value. If you can get a possible All-Pro guy at whatever position, you take him.

Anthony Miller is also one of my favorite receivers. He has everything. I'd love it if we took him in the 2nd.

And please, Pace, go out and get Josh Gordon, also.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sitton is old and can be cut. Long is pretty banged up and dealin with some serious injuries. Give me the best player in the draft, Nelson.

It’d be hard to pass up Ridley as well depending on how FA goes.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Oline definitely needs some help with Long's health and Sitton's age. Billy Price is the prospect that I would really like to see play next to Whithair. They are both versatile G/C. I think Price is a true blue chipper but I think he should go in the 15-25 range.

WR is another position I would like to see but is there a true #1 in this draft??? I think there will be a lot of WR value in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I would think 3 QBs go in the top 10, would that mean OT Mike McGlinchey still be in play @ #8 ?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

We're at 8th now. If we fall further it could be 14th by the end (just looking at who's there not who they have to play).

Good thing we didn't wait on a QB.

1-5 I'd be open to BPA for oline, dline or WR.
8-14 WR
I don't know who's who or who's there to make any wishes beyond position.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're at 8th now. If we fall further it could be 14th by the end (just looking at who's there not who they have to play).

Good thing we didn't wait on a QB.

1-5 I'd be open to BPA for oline, dline or WR.
8-14 WR
I don't know who's who or who's there to make any wishes beyond position.

If the Bears had waited, well they would no doubt have had a top 5 pick. Seriously, best player available, if is an OG, so be it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears may drop out of the top 10 with a win against the Browns, for sure if they beat the Lions.