shotgun

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Did you guys notice that 90% of our good runs and passes came out of the shotgun formation? I did not notice until I rewatched just how much shotgun we played yesterday. I think we adjusted to a player I think. I'm not sure because I never seen it before. Howard is the best shotgun RB in NFL. Trubs is so much better too in the shotgun. He made a few plays under center but all the good plays came while in shotgun for both players. Anyway shotgun is our friend. I think that was the most I seen a Bears team use shotgun.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
Put him in his comfort zone early in his career is pry the best let him grow into taking snaps under center

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Frustrating that all us idiots on a message board have been calling for more shotgun all season, for 1) familiarity with what Trubisky did in college and 2) Howard's success running out of shotgun. Why/how does it take until we're 3-9 to get to this point where we finally see it AND BINGO it works.

#FoxMustGo

billwade

Liked Posts:
I wish someone would ask Loggains these questions. Why run from the shotgun 13 games into the season? Why wasn't that incorporated into the playbook from the beginning? Also, they went back to the designed rollouts where trubisky is much more comfortable instead of forcing him to stay in the pocket where he struggles right now.

MAkes you wonder if it was Josh McDaniels who was calling the plays and signaling them into Loggains since NE didn't play yesterday.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It's crazy how that works. Cater to the strengths of your players, and good things will happen.

It only took until week fucking 14 into the regular season to realize this. I wonder why these shitbird coaches are going to lose their heads at the end of this season?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Frustrating that all us idiots on a message board have been calling for more shotgun all season, for 1) familiarity with what Trubisky did in college and 2) Howard's success running out of shotgun. Why/how does it take until we're 3-9 to get to this point where we finally see it AND BINGO it works.

#FoxMustGo

Right? It's not that hard. let your guys do what they do best.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
It's crazy how that works. Cater to the strengths of your players, and good things will happen.

It only took until week fucking 14 into the regular season to realize this. I wonder why these shitbird coaches are going to lose their heads at the end of this season?

Don’t speak to soon. With these coaches, I can see them reverting back to run run pass

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
But someone on CCS told me if you play to the QB's college strengths they bust.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The reality is that the Shotgun and Pistol formations have become a common occurrence in the NFL, and I hope we continue to feature it.

However I am glad that he is developing the ability to operate from under center. Just like when you have a run play that goes for a loss, you can not completely abandon it. It is hard to have a play-action pass from the shotgun, it always appears more like an option play.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

#FoxMustGo

You hit the nail on the head! We knew Howard the was the best rb on the team and doesn’t see the field until injuries occur to two bums.

We all know how to read and saw how Howard is the best running back in the league out of the gun due to his vision and extra second to see the field and most importantly, we all knew what Trubisky did in college and was obviously more comfortable in the gun?????

How do these supposed pro coaches not see it? I personally think Loggains threw up his hands and was now four feet tall and said that he wanted to do what this kid was good at and Taylor to him instead of vice versa. It’s incredible how stubborn or stupid people can be. I’m certainly no professional coach nor do I claim to be but that was as obvious as anything can get!!!!!! Exclamation point