HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great player, but someone helped/wrote that letter for him.

He speaks like a southerner but isn't a moron. Sure someone might have helped him write it, he still has a publicist after all. No shot someone flat out wrote it completely for him though. More likely he gave someone in his own words what he wanted to convey and his publicist put it together for him. Hell I am not bad at writing either but you bet your ass if I was a professional athlete I would still have my publicist make my written public releases. Its their forte to make you look and sound good.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He speaks like a southerner but isn't a moron. Sure someone might have helped him write it, he still has a publicist after all. No shot someone flat out wrote it completely for him though. More likely he gave someone in his own words what he wanted to convey and his publicist put it together for him. Hell I am not bad at writing either but you bet your ass if I was a professional athlete I would still have my publicist make my written public releases. Its their forte to make you look and sound good.

Better to just scream into the Twitter machine and let anything fucked up fall out of your skull onto social media.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He already returned one kick for a TD, and had just gotten embarrassed by Torry Holt. For some reason (I forget why) he was lining up as a CB across from the hall of famer and gave up an easy 5 yard TD pass.

He officially was a CB coming out of Miami.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Hester definitely belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Aside from the Super Bowl return, I think my all-time favorite Devin return was when he was versus the Giants, faked like he was going to kneel on it, and the entire Giants team bit. He took off and took it to the house. That was glorious and hilarious at the same time. Just pure Magic.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was at the Bears/Broncos game when we beat Cutty and Marshall. I think I told my sister that he was gonna run one back right before they kicked it to him. Man was Soldier Field roaring when he hit the open field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hester definitely belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Aside from the Super Bowl return, I think my all-time favorite Devin return was when he was versus the Giants, faked like he was going to kneel on it, and the entire Giants team bit. He took off and took it to the house. That was glorious and hilarious at the same time. Just pure Magic.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

One of my all time favorite plays isn't even officially a play in the NFL because some asshole ref nullified it on a phantom call. The infamous Johnny Knox return where Hester was a decoy. Its been copied and re-used successfully by other teams in the NFL. Yet the men that are responsible for it didn't even get the glory in the record books for it. Really fuckin grinds my gears and its easily one of the coolest trick plays in NFL history.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He officially was a CB coming out of Miami.

That's not the part that confused me. I was baffled as to why they had him covering Holt in the red zone.

All the same, he had 2 return TDs that game. It was a special Sunday that I will remember forever.

pboer323

Liked Posts:
Did the Bears at least give him a 1 day contract so he would retire a Bear?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Its a "fluid" situation. He just announced his retirement on twitter and put that statement in the tweet. I would suspect the Bears will do the whole 1 day contract thing. It would be odd if they didn't

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

I honestly dont get the point of this. I know its common in the nfl but it seems pointless. Will it change anything? He will always be remembered as a bear and nothing else. Won't it just take away a spot for a guy on the roster?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He was electric to watch in his day, but in honesty I didn't even know he wasn't retired already, since, you know, he is 35 and not on an NFL roster.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

The McCaskeys hate Bear alums. They come from the Bill Wirtz school ownership and think they're bigger than the franchise itself. Something else that makes them as unlikable as they are . . .

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
I can remember at least a couple returns that were called back because of holding also. Great return man,great attitude on and off the field, and a great decoy! He helped so much with great field position also. Never seen a special teams player affect the game as much as he did!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
When you look at those highlights, Hester's speed was amazing! He had more than just lateral quickness, or football speed, he was flat out fast.

However, some of the credit has to go to Toub. He took an amazing athlete, that likely would have been very good on his own, and made it a "special teams" unit.

The trick play with Knox, coming out of the endzone against the Giants, and some of those holes were massive, and that was great coaching.

Don't mean to get off track, but good ST units follow Toub, and I think a team that is willing to take a chance on Toub as a HC would be the beneficiary of some great coaching.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you look at those highlights, Hester's speed was amazing! He had more than just lateral quickness, or football speed, he was flat out fast.

However, some of the credit has to go to Toub. He took an amazing athlete, that likely would have been very good on his own, and made it a "special teams" unit.

The trick play with Knox, coming out of the endzone against the Giants, and some of those holes were massive, and that was great coaching.

Don't mean to get off track, but good ST units follow Toub, and I think a team that is willing to take a chance on Toub as a HC would be the beneficiary of some great coaching.

Oh, good God . . . Dave Toub for HC again . . . "Eye," as they do in the emojis, "roll" . . .

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I can remember at least a couple returns that were called back because of holding also. Great return man,great attitude on and off the field, and a great decoy! He helped so much with great field position also. Never seen a special teams player affect the game as much as he did!

It seems like there is not a kickoff or punt today without a holding penalty, yet in Hester's prime the blockers seemed to have a ton of success without holding. Of course Hester got to the open field so quickly, that the blockers did not have to grab to open holes, just provide an initial push.