HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Devin Hester announced his retirement this morning on social media.

Few Chicago Bears have ever electrified the fan base like Devin Hester did. He was one of the only players on the team where I didn't care if I had to take a shit or was about to piss myself, I never ever missed a return. Normally I would run to the bathroom during changes of possession or kickoffs but Devin completely turned that on its head. He will forever always hold a special place in my heart as one of my all time favorite NFL players and Chicago Bears. I for one sure hope that he is the next special teams player to make to Canton and into the HOF.

Devin Hester. You will forever be ridiculous. We love you!

DQ2v2LIW0AEVVPE.jpg:large

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
One of my favourite players ever. He was just electrifying! I wish him the best in his future endeavours and thanks for all the memories!

[video=youtube;xTnTvNEgn_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTnTvNEgn_g[/video]

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best kick returner ever. And now that they pussified kickoffs, he will remain the best. Should go in to the hall of fame.

With the pussification of special teams ABSOLUTE NO SHOT ANYONE EVER SNIFFS DEVIN HESTER'S RECORDS.

Jechang

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
one of my all time favorites. I only wish we could have seen how much he'd accomplish if not for all the rule changes midway through his career.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
He almost won us a super bowl but even Hester couldn’t overcome glassman

I think it was some bad coaching as well. After the 1st kickoff td return they took hester out of the game. They could have managed creative ways to counter that.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He was truly a great one. We all have great memories of Hester, but my favorite one is from the game against the rams his rookie year.

He already returned one kick for a TD, and had just gotten embarrassed by Torry Holt. For some reason (I forget why) he was lining up as a CB across from the hall of famer and gave up an easy 5 yard TD pass.

So what does he do? Returns the ensuing kick for a second TD, effectively making up for his poor coverage. I even felt it coming. After that TD, I just couldn't sit whenever Hester was about to return a kick.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
one of my all time favorites. I only wish we could have seen how much he'd accomplish if not for all the rule changes midway through his career.

I only wish they wouldn't have forced him into a receiver role and allowed him to completely focus on being the best return man in the league. He would have had more return TDs easily. They fucked him up by putting a square peg into a round hole making him less effective as a returner.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I only wish they wouldn't have forced him into a receiver role and allowed him to completely focus on being the best return man in the league. He would have had more return TDs easily. They fucked him up by putting a square peg into a round hole making him less effective as a returner.

I continue to wonder to this day if he may have made a DB worth it as depth if nothing else, giving us some gravy on top of his return game.

He may have been able to run with speed WRs if nothing else and if he was out there and happened to get an INT....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I continue to wonder to this day if he may have made a DB worth it as depth if nothing else, giving us some gravy on top of his return game.

He may have been able to run with speed WRs if nothing else and if he was out there and happened to get an INT....

He was so raw as a defensive back and they simply never gave him the time to develop. They flat out just said fuck it, we got better DBs in Vasher and Tillman so lets put this boyo somewhere else. Classic Lovie Smiff baw.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
using him on offense was the right move

Trotting him out there as the number one wr was a dumb ass move

I agree. Hester's biggest asset was that he was a threat to score a touchdown everytime he touched the ball. As a number one he was no longer a threat. They should have brought him out for trick plays.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The hair stands on the back of my neck every time I think about that opening kickoff return in the Super Bowl.

HE changed the game and caused the League to change the rules, and for that he should be remembered as the GOAT returner.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
One of my favourite players ever. He was just electrifying! I wish him the best in his future endeavours and thanks for all the memories!

[video=youtube;xTnTvNEgn_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTnTvNEgn_g[/video]

Unfucking real. I am so glad I got to witness every single one of them returns.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Hester will always be one of my favorite players.
I was lucky enough to see his first NFL return TD in person at Lambeau. Little did I know he would go on to have many, many more as a Bear.

No other player has ever made me so excited as a fan every time they touched the ball.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfucking real. I am so glad I got to witness every single one of them returns.

I am happy that I got to see some of his returns live at Soldier Field. It feels like an accomplishment as a Bears fan to have seen it live. Since we haven't exactly been blessed with a multitude of special players like him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Great player, but someone helped/wrote that letter for him.