Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What will the shoopster do if he is the only coach willing to come to the Bears, not that I think that will be the case.

LOL, only an idiot would turn down an opportunity to be a HC. Teams looking for one are hardly ever any good.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would love to see Devin make the HoF, but I can't see it happening.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Thanks for all the great memories Devin!

I loved the missed FG he returned 109 yards for a TD against Arizona, came out of the blue.

Cohen is bringing back memories of Hester which is nice, because our return game has been pathetic in recent years.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Devin Hester is a unique character in that money and fame do not seem to be his driving force. Simply being the best is all he ever wanted.

Well done young man. I'm rooting for you getting into the HOF.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Best return man in the history of the NFL. Will never forget how he ran one back against KC in my only trip to Soldier Field in 2007. So much fun to watch.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
He is clearly the best return man in the history in the NFL and on that basis, he has to go into the HOF.

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
My favorite bears player of all time. He's the reason I started watching football.

Enjoy retirement Devin!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, don't know how I forgot about izzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.K.A. The Bears' swiss army knife. Izzy was one of the few players that produced for us despite Lovie's constant fucking with his game weight and position. Something that personally would have driven me crazy but I guess that shows how much the defensive players respected Lovie.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well it is a shame they messed with the return game and just as much that JA could never get an offense scary enough that you'd have to kick to Devin Hester. Teams respect on man enough to say we will just let you start at the 40 yard line, the man should be in the HOF. I am not sure he will get there, but that along makes me feel like he earned it.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He speaks like a southerner but isn't a moron. Sure someone might have helped him write it, he still has a publicist after all. No shot someone flat out wrote it completely for him though. More likely he gave someone in his own words what he wanted to convey and his publicist put it together for him. Hell I am not bad at writing either but you bet your ass if I was a professional athlete I would still have my publicist make my written public releases. Its their forte to make you look and sound good.
True story...

A friend of mine went to HS with Hester. Guy legit could barely read and write as a senior in HS.

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
Don’t know if anyone has saw this but according to Larry Mayer in 2013 Hester had 4 kicks called back by penalty, bringing his total to what would have been 23, I thought that was kind of an interesting tidbit

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Someone called in to one of the radio stations and said that if Deion Sanders is in the HOF, then Hester should be a first ballot because he is a better returner than Deion.

LMAO

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Someone called in to one of the radio stations and said that if Deion Sanders is in the HOF, then Hester should be a first ballot because he is a better returner than Deion.

LMAO
Sanders made it as one of the great DBs, returner was just extra

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You just have to wonder how many TD returns in his prime were negated when they were kicking off and punting out of bounds just so he wouldn't get a touch.

I read somewhere, but damned if I can find it, that he also lost 5 TD's due to illegal blocks in the back or holding as well.

When you're the best ever at a position, you should make the HOF. Unfortunately, he wasn't the best ever at a position on the O or D.

So, his best shot is first ballot, and that is very very unlikely. If he doesn't make it on first ballot he won't be making it after.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
He changed the game, which is what Hall of Famers do. If there are stats on the impact he had without touching the ball, I am sure they would clearly show his impact. People had to game plan around Hester, couldnt punt or kick directly to him. It caused bad punts, and opposing coaches to have to spend time during game week focusing on a returner as opposed to whatever Bears shitty QB was starting that week. Hester was electric, and literally brought so much excitement to the game, for a long time. He is a Hall of Famer.