Akiem Hicks vouched for Bears to resign Kyle Fuller

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Speaking of Kyle Fuller. What should his contract look like after this season?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Fuller has been beat a few times this year.

But he's also been absolutely ballin. I don't know what it is: More pressure on the qB, being fully healthy, finaly getting the Defense, or if Prince came in an helped him grow.

But what I thought was a weakness (our secondary) all of a sudden looks like a young unit we can cement and really build on going further.

Jackson, Fuller, Prince, Amos, LeBlanc, McMannis.... Not a bad core to build around.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
At the beginning of the season don't resign him, or cut him because he's not playing well enough. Now don't resign him because he's playing too good.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:

But he's also been absolutely ballin. I don't know what it is: More pressure on the qB, being fully healthy, finaly getting the Defense, or if Prince came in an helped him grow.

But what I thought was a weakness (our secondary) all of a sudden looks like a young unit we can cement and really build on going further.

Jackson, Fuller, Prince, Amos, LeBlanc, McMannis.... Not a bad core to build around.
-McMannis + Callahan and I agree

Gocrazy79

Liked Posts:
Speaking of Kyle Fuller. What should his contract look like after this season?

They gave him a chance to prove himself and he did..big time! Pay da man!

Gocrazy79

Liked Posts:
At the beginning of the season don't resign him, or cut him because he's not playing well enough. Now don't resign him because he's playing too good.

Agreed! Hard to trust the Bears sometimes. That’s why I’m not 100% sold they will get the coaching change right. Hindsight will prove we should have changed slightly and not majorly.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Idk, it’s a question of has Fuller put it together finally, or is this a good scheme for him, or is he just overachieving in an obvious contract year?

Bearzinga

Liked Posts:
I think it was after the Tampa Bay game Fuller started lining up on the other side of the field most of the time and he has been playing better ever since.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think bears have to sign him. Even if it means overpaying. We all know paces track record when he lets guys walk for nothing. They will get worse at the position.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was similar to Alshon to me.

Bears couldn't back up the Brinks truck because neither had proven themselves to be worth it recently.

Alshon was average at best his last 2 years...gone.

NOW however, Fuller is ballin' and should be paid to stay. Understandable if he wants to test the market so hopefully they sign him before that else Bears or somebody might overpay...possibly it'll be Pace. But he's worth the buck$. Young homegrown talent should be rewarded. Encourages rest of the team to see that.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Sign him. At the least he is a quality #2. And can cover #1 well when there is a pass rush.
Too many holes on the team to afford making more right now.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think, why not franchise him? The reality is, we don't know what the next incoming coach would like to run and we don't know if Fuller would be the best fit. We also don't know if he is performing like this because it's a contract year.

On top of that, I do think he is being way more aggressive because it is a contract year, but against better teams, opposing offensive coordinators have taken note of this and have found successful ways to pick on him and burn him for not maintaining discipline.

I think Fuller is selling out to aggressiveness and a better OC knows how to use that against him.

I think franchising him and making him prove it one more year under the new head coach is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I think, why not franchise him? The reality is, we don't know what the next incoming coach would like to run and we don't know if Fuller would be the best fit. We also don't know if he is performing like this because it's a contract year.

On top of that, I do think he is being way more aggressive because it is a contract year, but against better teams, opposing offensive coordinators have taken note of this and have found successful ways to pick on him and burn him for not maintaining discipline.

I think Fuller is selling out to aggressiveness and a better OC knows how to use that against him.

I think franchising him and making him prove it one more year under the new head coach is the way to go.

New coach or not I think Fuller is worth signing. Can't imagine him not being capable enough to at least make the 53 man roster.

It really comes down to what contract he would sign. Franchise is top 5 CB money and maybe better off if there's a new coach and Fuller wants bank.
But the unknowns like does Pace have the balls to fire Fox or will he make excuses and tie his fate to Fox? And the unknown of what Fuller would sign for.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'd re-sign him. But I'm a Fuller homer. Also an Eddie Jackson homer. Quickly becoming my favorite player on defense.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I'd re-sign him. But I'm a Fuller homer. Also an Eddie Jackson homer. Quickly becoming my favorite player on defense.

I've always rooted for Fuller. He's been like the Cutler of corner backs. Roller coaster. Looks good, looks bad, lots of near interceptions. Tackles like a torpedo.
Hopefully he turns the corner and this is the beginning of his true growth and he can clean it up.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

DB coach needs to have a look as a potential DC

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I'm betting they're signing him before the end of the season. Pace has made it pretty clear he will reward good play.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
New coach or not I think Fuller is worth signing. Can't imagine him not being capable enough to at least make the 53 man roster.

It really comes down to what contract he would sign. Franchise is top 5 CB money and maybe better off if there's a new coach and Fuller wants bank.
But the unknowns like does Pace have the balls to fire Fox or will he make excuses and tie his fate to Fox? And the unknown of what Fuller would sign for.
Dude, Fox is gone. Drop the whole narrative of pace retaining Fox because that isn't going to happen.