CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2018 Cap Space: 47 million
2017 Roll Over: 6 million
2018 Total Starting Cap Room: 53 million

Releases/Not Re-signed

QB Mike Glennon [11 million]-A complete failure of a free agent signing.
TE Dion Sims [4.5 million]-He has been mediocre at catching and blocking and there is an out in his contract
WR Markus Wheaton [5 million]-Has done nothing and been injured and an easy one to move on from
LB Jerrel Freeman[3.5 million]-Younger players took his job. He can still play, but you do not keep a 32 year old guy when you have young guys ready to play
LB Pernell McPhee [7 million]-injuries and a big contract
LB Willie Young [4.5 million]-injuries and age
CB Marcus Cooper [4.5 million]-has been a bust and I would rather keep Prince
C Hroniss Grasu [800k]-he sucks
FB- Michael Burton [700k]-he sucks as well
OT Bradley Sowell
OT Tom Compton

41.5 million saved
2018 Total Cap Room: 94.5 million

Re-signings [Year 1 Cap Hit]

CB Kyle Fuller 4 years 44 million/24 guaranteed [14]
CB Prince Amukamra 2 years 15 million/10 guaranteed [7]
WR Kendall Wright 3 years 12 million/5 guaranteed [3]
LB Christian Jones 3 years 10 million/4 guaranteed [3]
P Pat O'Donnell 4 years 12 million/5 guaranteed [3]
WR Dontrelle Inman 3 years 9 million/4 guaranteed [3]
QB Mark Sanchez 2 years 5 million/2 guaranteed [2]
CB Sherrick McManis 2 years 4 million/.5 guaranteed [1.5]
DE Mitch Unrien 2 years 4.5 million/1.5 guaranteed [2.5]
LB Lamarr Houston 1 year 1.5 million/.5 guaranteed [1.5]
RB Benny Cunningham 1 year 1.2 million/200k guaranteed [1.2]

RFA

WR Cam Meredith 2.4 million [2nd round tender]
CB Bryce Callahan 2.4 mllion [2nd round tender]
TE Daniel Brown 750K [Original Round]

47.2 million spent
2018 Total Cap Room: 47.3 million

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is my projections for what guys cost.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
They would probably be better off to re-sign just one of Fuller / Amukamara (good #2 CB types is the way I see them), and search for a legit shutdown #1 corner via. FA.

Also, Demps should be in the mix as potential release candidate, but as in case of Sims, McPhee and Grasu, I'm not sure if Pace will actually decide to cut them.

All in all, my prime FA targets would be young go-to WR with some upside (think Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry) and as already said, legit shutdown corner (like Malcom Butler).
On the other hand, I would try to improve the OLB position via. 1st round pick (think blue chip prospects like Chubb, Key or Ferrell) and additionally improve WR unit with 2nd round prospect.

And if Bears significantly improve WR, OLB and CB positions, I think they could actually do some serious damage in 2018.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
2018 Cap Space: 47 million
2017 Roll Over: 6 million
2018 Total Starting Cap Room: 53 million

Releases/Not Re-signed

QB Mike Glennon [11 million]-A complete failure of a free agent signing.
TE Dion Sims [4.5 million]-He has been mediocre at catching and blocking and there is an out in his contract
WR Markus Wheaton [5 million]-Has done nothing and been injured and an easy one to move on from
LB Jerrel Freeman[3.5 million]-Younger players took his job. He can still play, but you do not keep a 32 year old guy when you have young guys ready to play
LB Pernell McPhee [7 million]-injuries and a big contract
LB Willie Young [4.5 million]-injuries and age
CB Marcus Cooper [4.5 million]-has been a bust and I would rather keep Prince
C Hroniss Grasu [800k]-he sucks
FB- Michael Burton [700k]-he sucks as well
OT Bradley Sowell
OT Tom Compton

41.5 million saved
2018 Total Cap Room: 94.5 million

Re-signings [Year 1 Cap Hit]

CB Kyle Fuller 4 years 44 million/24 guaranteed [14]
CB Prince Amukamra 2 years 15 million/10 guaranteed [7]
WR Kendall Wright 3 years 12 million/5 guaranteed [3]
LB Christian Jones 3 years 10 million/4 guaranteed [3]
P Pat O'Donnell 4 years 12 million/5 guaranteed [3]
WR Dontrelle Inman 3 years 9 million/4 guaranteed [3]
QB Mark Sanchez 2 years 5 million/2 guaranteed [2]
CB Sherrick McManis 2 years 4 million/.5 guaranteed [1.5]
DE Mitch Unrien 2 years 4.5 million/1.5 guaranteed [2.5]
LB Lamarr Houston 1 year 1.5 million/.5 guaranteed [1.5]
RB Benny Cunningham 1 year 1.2 million/200k guaranteed [1.2]

RFA

WR Cam Meredith 2.4 million [2nd round tender]
CB Bryce Callahan 2.4 mllion [2nd round tender]
TE Daniel Brown 750K [Original Round]

47.2 million spent
2018 Total Cap Room: 47.3 million

Right so this is all just from you assuming what R.Pace will do this off season with players he's gonna re-sign or cut. Some of what you have i can see happening and some i don't see happening but the bottom line is that we're gonna have a good amount of money to spend this off season for sure. We can easily upgrade WR with one or even two of the bigger names and still have money to take care of other positions whether it be starter or backup money. If i'm right about what i've been saying in that i think Pace hasn't spent big money on bigger name free agents because we weren't close enough to being finished with our rebuild and now that we have our QB and a legit defense that only needs a couple of spots to be fixed and that we're good at RB and maybe even TE then this should be a fun off season especially free agency. We should have the money to fix our major needs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They would probably be better off to re-sign just one of Fuller / Amukamara (good #2 CB types is the way I see them), and search for a legit shutdown #1 corner via. FA.

Also, Demps should be in the mix as potential release candidate, but as in case of Sims, McPhee and Grasu, I'm not sure if Pace will actually decide to cut them.

All in all, my prime FA targets would be young go-to WR with some upside (think Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry) and as already said, legit shutdown corner (like Malcom Butler).
On the other hand, I would try to improve the OLB position via. 1st round pick (think blue chip prospects like Chubb, Key or Ferrell) and additionally improve WR unit with 2nd round prospect.

And if Bears significantly improve WR, OLB and CB positions, I think they could actually do some serious damage in 2018.

Yeah i agree with most of this. The only legit shutdown CB's in free agency are M.Butler and T.Johnson. T.Johnson has been tagged the last two years so they either have to re-sign him or he'll be a free agent. I'd take either one of those two over K.Fuller but we absolutely have to sign one of those 3 unless Pace is planning on going CB in the 1st round ala M.Fitzpatrick, there are a few others that will go first round that will be day one starters but i'd rather he take care of CB in free agency.

I also think Demps should be kept and think he's better then what he showed in the 3-4 games he played for us before getting hurt. He's also been a guy that gets turnovers which is something we desperately need. I think after the bad start to his Bears career that he'll make sure it doesn't happen again next year.

We are gonna have new systems on both offense and defense so players will have to learn new systems which you never know if a player is gonna fit playing those systems or not.