I have a question

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
Correct me if I’m wrong and I apologize in advance since I had a few beers in my by then, but here’s my question. Why did the clock stop before the second half after the sack on Trubisky? I believe there was a second or two left and the clock was stopped not ticking if I recall correctly. Then the next play was the roughing the passer call and the one after that was the Hail Mary to end the half. Did the bears take a timeout or what? Trubisky got sacked with :22 seconds left or so, so that should have ran out the clock and I can’t see the bears taking a timeout with :02 left before half????

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Correct me if I’m wrong and I apologize in advance since I had a few beers in my by then, but here’s my question. Why did the clock stop before the second half after the sack on Trubisky? I believe there was a second or two left and the clock was stopped not ticking if I recall correctly. Then the next play was the roughing the passer call and the one after that was the Hail Mary to end the half. Did the bears take a timeout or what? Trubisky got sacked with :22 seconds left or so, so that should have ran out the clock and I can’t see the bears taking a timeout with :02 left before half????

They did indeed take a timeout with 2 seconds left to do the hail mary. It's what most coaches would have done, as it gives you a shot, but leaves the opponent with no time on the clock.

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
Yeah I get why teams do it but I just didn’t see it in Fox’s nature to do it himself