Mitchell Trubisky's Arm Strength

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Reminds me of Cutler without the I don't care attitude.

[video]http://a.video.nfl.com/films/vodzilla/118226/Mitchell_Trubisky_throws_a_dart_to_Dion_-zIAkuCIT-20171210_12124977_5000k.mp4[/video]

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Reminds me of Cutler without the I don't care attitude.

[video]http://a.video.nfl.com/films/vodzilla/118226/Mitchell_Trubisky_throws_a_dart_to_Dion_-zIAkuCIT-20171210_12124977_5000k.mp4[/video]

Sorry, with all of Cutler's faults, Cutler's arm strength made his passes effortless.

Trubisky has nowhere near Cutler's arm strength. Look at all of the movement Trubisky's body requires to throw the pass in your video.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sorry, with all of Cutler's faults, Cutler's arm strength made his passes effortless.

Trubisky has nowhere near Cutler's arm strength. Look at all of the movement Trubisky's body requires to throw the pass in your video.

That throw not overall not to say that Trubisky doesn't have much power.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Arm strength is not an issue for Trubisky. As we know, seeing the field , and good instincts are far more important. Look at Joe Montana who certainly lacked above average arm strength, but was one of the best of all time.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
That throw was fading off his back foot, not stepping into the throw. Of course it is going to take more arm strength to make that type of throw. But it got there in plenty of time. Trubisky doesn't have Stafford's arm (for example), but thankfully, he also doesn't have Stafford's lack of accuracy or poor decision making, which are MUCH more important to a QBs overall success than pure arm strength...

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Just have to have enough arm strength to stretch the field when the opportunity is there or throw a decent fastball. Trubisky clearly has that - arm strength can be overplayed in assessing QBs. You tend to find the guys with rocket arms think they can make any pass so take more risks and make more mistakes. Like Cutler and Stafford.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Arm strength is more than adequate for the NFL. I'd put him in the top 15.

But it's no where near as strong as Jays.

Not even close.

But it's important to remember that just because Jay had the strength to throw a football through a brick wall, it doesn't mean he could hit it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
8.5 out of 10

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I like an arm that is more touch and less sheer velocity. E.g. Montana, Brady, Rodgers, ect. Jay had the velocity but he lacked touch. Biscuit seems to have more touch.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

That's called proper fundamentals to ensure accuracy, a new concept for Bears fans I know.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch has superior arm strength...but in no way is it Cutlers arm. Cutler's arm is ridiculous. Ref to Mitch...his arm strength is clearly evident on some of those throws he squeezes in there.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
And arm strength can always be improved. Accuracy, touch, and decision making? Not nearly as much...

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

The difference here is that Mitch is accurate while Cutler would have probably thrown a pick six.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I like an arm that is more touch and less sheer velocity. E.g. Montana, Brady, Rodgers, ect. Jay had the velocity but he lacked touch. Biscuit seems to have more touch.
Wtf you talkin about? Rodgers has a cannon. He's in the top 5 in terms of arm strength.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
trubs arm strength is good but nothing special. it doesnt need to be, all that matters in terms of arm strength is if a QB has a strong enough arm to make all the throws. which he does. most great QBs havent had top level arm strength.

jay had/has possibly the strongest arm in the game, but it doesnt mean much if you cant actually play the position.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubs arm strength is better than I was expecting.

But it is the touch and accuracy that brings the boys to the yard.

He has 5-6 dimes against the Bengals, a couple on the run:

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I think Trubiski's fundamentals of leadership, eventual reading of defenses and attitude are much more important than a Cutler arm.

AussieBear

jeff george.. jay cutler.. two absolute rockets that aint win shit in da league.. a cannon is nice.. but dat mental aptitude....vision.. anticipations... accuracy.. be mo betta.. strong enough is fine..

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If you look at other passes in other games, there are some throws that he fucking darts they in. You can see the kid has arm strength.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk