HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That throw was fading off his back foot, not stepping into the throw. Of course it is going to take more arm strength to make that type of throw. But it got there in plenty of time. Trubisky doesn't have Stafford's arm (for example), but thankfully, he also doesn't have Stafford's lack of accuracy or poor decision making, which are MUCH more important to a QBs overall success than pure arm strength...

Or that dumbass sidearm shit Fat Bastafford lobs into opposing defenders.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That TD pass to Shaheen just over the defender right into Shaheen's out-stretched hands was a beautiful touch pass.

“Oh my gosh, that was a dime. It was a great throw and a great route, because he was covered. If that’s not a perfect throw than it’s incomplete, and I’m gonna have coach yelling at me, why didn’t you run the ball?”. — Loggains

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler is up there with Flacco and Stafford as the three strongest arms in the last decade of NFL football.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a moot point anymore discussing arm strength. There are plenty of strong arms in the league but it comes down more to football smarts and accuracy. Really not a lot of separation in terms of arm strength. Just for fun, if we were to rank them from top tier to bottom tier, it would go something like this;

Top Tier: Stafford, Flacco, Cutler, Newton, Rodgers
2nd tier: Carr, Wilson, Luck, Roethlisberger, Winston, Taylor, Kizer, Savage, Bradford
3rd tier: Wentz, Trubisky, Goff, Garopollo, Foles, Bortles, Mariota, Prescott, Brady, Palmer, Glennon, Brissett
4th tier: Cousins, Ryan, Keenum, Brees, Watson, Eli, Dalton, Smith, Osweiler
Bottom tier: Rivers, McCown, Siemian, Hoyer

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
cutlertojeffery.gif

60 yard bomb without stepping into it. This is why the nuthuggers, including myself, had hopes every year he would take to coaching. . shame

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
cutlertojeffery.gif

60 yard bomb without stepping into it. This is why the nuthuggers, including myself, had hopes every year he would take to coaching. . shame
The problem with nuthuggers like you is they say things like "without stepping into it" when he clearly stepped into it.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The problem with nuthuggers like you is they say things like "without stepping into it" when he clearly stepped into it.

He does step into it some. I retract. Doesn't look like a "i'm going to throw it 60 yards" step into it, but i'll give that to you.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
They did a breakdown on NFL network one time of his throwing motion. Something about how he uses his torso and upper body like a sling shot adds super zip and strength to his throwing motion. Really is a shame he couldn't live up to the talent he was naturally given. Remember the day we got him. I thought we were headed to a super bowl for sure.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
They did a breakdown on NFL network one time of his throwing motion. Something about how he uses his torso and upper body like a sling shot adds super zip and strength to his throwing motion. Really is a shame he couldn't live up to the talent he was naturally given. Remember the day we got him. I thought we were headed to a super bowl for sure.

I still have the tribune article...
Was gonna frame it at the time.

Fencik45

Liked Posts:
IMHO, Trubiski is progressing fine in his rookie year. I'm impressed with his poise in the pocket and awareness and ability to move out of the pocket as a rookie. Heck, some reports stated the guy had to learn how to take a hand-off from under center during camp. Outside of the obvious lack of receivers; my only concern is his lack of effectiveness either throwing and/or rolling out and throwing to his left. I understand he is a right handed QB, yet his production to the left v. the right are a concern to me. I'm hopeful with time and a change at targets; this will improve. Until then, again IMHO, this is a weakness of his game. That said, I am happy to see an opportunity to have a consistent and perhaps quality QB on the Bears.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
IMHO, Trubiski is progressing fine in his rookie year. I'm impressed with his poise in the pocket and awareness and ability to move out of the pocket as a rookie. Heck, some reports stated the guy had to learn how to take a hand-off from under center during camp. Outside of the obvious lack of receivers; my only concern is his lack of effectiveness either throwing and/or rolling out and throwing to his left. I understand he is a right handed QB, yet his production to the left v. the right are a concern to me. I'm hopeful with time and a change at targets; this will improve. Until then, again IMHO, this is a weakness of his game. That said, I am happy to see an opportunity to have a consistent and perhaps quality QB on the Bears.
Throwing to his left? Where does this shit come from? Zoolander?

And by the fucking way, Zoolander was the best model. Even when he was past his prime, he still ended up better than the young gun. If this holds up, we are in luck.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Throwing to his left? Where does this shit come from? Zoolander?

And by the fucking way, Zoolander was the best model. Even when he was past his prime, he still ended up better than the young gun. If this holds up, we are in luck.

Not sure if that was bait or this guy doesn't know how much anyone who knows a lick about football cringes at the thought of quarterbacks rolling right and throwing left. Its taught to them to avoid doing that.

Mitchapalooza

VashalasX? Is that you?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Not sure if that was bait or this guy doesn't know how much anyone who knows a lick about football cringes at the thought of quarterbacks rolling right and throwing left. Its taught to them to avoid doing that.

I think he meant rolling out to his left and then throwing.

Fencik45

Liked Posts:
Thank you, napo55. I indeed meant my concern was his effectiveness rolling out left and then throwing. I was not trolling. It is simply my observation and concern about his growth. My point is that his performance is better, in my eyes, when he throws to his right and not as good when he goes to his left. Again, I will state, I am impressed with his progress in such a short time. Sorry for the confusion.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Hasn't surprised me. Trubisky showed flashes of it in college. He can really put zip on the ball in the short-intermediate game. As good as anybody.

The only part he really lacks is being able to drive the ball down the field effectively but that will come as he matures. Technique also comes into those sort of throws.