My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
John Defilippo HC/OC
Chuck Pagano DC
Josh McCown QB coach

Pagano could be a great mentor for Flip as a HC. I don't think McCown will want to come back after this recent injury, he has had 2 separate stints with Flip in his career and he's already went to coaching before, it's what he wants to do post retirement. This would be a perfect scenario for Pace and Trubisky IMO.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You sure you want a Frenchie as head coach?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Have you ever listened to him speak? He’s worse than Trestman when it comes to commanding a room. He might know offense but he is not at all HC material. He would be a huge disaster.

Forget what you know about Bill Belicheck and listen to him at the podium.

Doesn't mean jack.

dag54

Liked Posts:
This is pretty much how I feel about him and tbh alot of the potential HCs like Flip, Reich, Carmichael. Carmichael might be calling plays this year, but it's Peyton's offense. I'm all for finding a young innovative OC to be the next HC, but I at least want them to have some playcalling experience and not just be riding the coattails of the HC. Nagy has taken over the play calling for the Chiefs so he will have a nice audition the rest of the season.

At this point, I like Shurmur over the rest of the young OCs who don't call plays.

Carmichael was the playcaller for the Saints in 2012, when Payton was suspended the entire year for bountygate. That year the offense finished second in yardage per game, and third in scoring.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Carmichael was the playcaller for the Saints in 2012, when Payton was suspended the entire year for bountygate. That year the offense finished second in yardage per game, and third in scoring.

Aaron Kromer was the HC, let's just bring him back, he was obviously the brains of the organization.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
lafluer is my guy.

and this bs about alanta letting him go is just that... bs. he was a QB coach and was promoted to OC, alanta had no say in it.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
You sure you want a Frenchie as head coach?

cY9Cea7.gif

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lafluer is my guy.

and this bs about alanta letting him go is just that... bs. he was a QB coach and was promoted to OC, alanta had no say in it.

That’s not true. The Falcons could have chose to promote him themselves, but they went with someone else. And then they could have chosen to keep him on as QB coach, but they decided to let the Rams have him. They could have blocked the move.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:

While play-calling is a great asset, I'd rather the next HC be able to lead a team.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Forget what you know about Bill Belicheck and listen to him at the podium.

Doesn't mean jack.

I agree with your "podium" principal, but what we see with Belicheck in front of a podium isn't the real Belicheck because he hates the media. There's enough evidence out there to prove that he's a completely different coach when he's not in front of the media.

But there's no evidence that Carmichael isn't the introverted nerd that he seems to be whether he's in front of a camera or not. In fact, Drew Brees even said that he Carmichael likes to work in the background. That right there tells me he is not fit to be a HC. Carmichael may in fact be a great play-caller, but he is not fit to be a HC.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I agree with your "podium" principal, but what we see with Belicheck in front of a podium isn't the real Belicheck because he hates the media. There's enough evidence out there to prove that he's a completely different coach when he's not in front of the media.

But there's no evidence that Carmichael isn't the introverted nerd that he seems to be whether he's in front of a camera or not. In fact, Drew Brees even said that he Carmichael likes to work in the background. That right there tells me he is not fit to be a HC. Carmichael may in fact be a great play-caller, but he is not fit to be a HC.

If Carmichael likes to work in the background, then he would know himself that being a HC does not suit him. SO unless he's just in it for the $$$, he would never put himself up for that type of position. But personally, I don't buy it. Just because you have a more introverted personality doesn't mean you can't be an effective leader. In fact, many of the greatest leaders in history have tended to lean to the introverted side...

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
If Carmichael likes to work in the background, then he would know himself that being a HC does not suit him. SO unless he's just in it for the $$$, he would never put himself up for that type of position. But personally, I don't buy it. Just because you have a more introverted personality doesn't mean you can't be an effective leader. In fact, many of the greatest leaders in history have tended to lean to the introverted side...

We're not talking about leading in politics, we're talking about leading a bunch of rich, entitled athletes (not all, but a lot). The NFL is a different ball game. Trestman is the perfect example of this. He won championships in the CFL. Comes to the NFL for a few years and fails miserably as HC and OC. Then goes back to the CFL and won another championship. Leading NFL players is not the same as leading people in other walks of life.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We're not talking about leading in politics, we're talking about leading a bunch of rich, entitled athletes (not all, but a lot). The NFL is a different ball game. Trestman is the perfect example of this. He won championships in the CFL. Comes to the NFL for a few years and fails miserably as HC and OC. Then goes back to the CFL and won another championship. Leading NFL players is not the same as leading people in other walks of life.

No, it isn't. But to think there is only one type of personality that can do it is foolish. You may have a personal preference of what you'd like a HC to be like, but that's all it is...a preference.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s not true. The Falcons could have chose to promote him themselves, but they went with someone else. And then they could have chosen to keep him on as QB coach, but they decided to let the Rams have him. They could have blocked the move.

I think it is a fair question why he was passed over by the Falcons so they could hire a drunk who had never called NFL plays.

Not that it eliminates him from contention, but something that needs to be asked.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
No, it isn't. But to think there is only one type of personality that can do it is foolish. You may have a personal preference of what you'd like a HC to be like, but that's all it is...a preference.

I never once said there's only one personality type that works, so I'm not sure what to tell ya.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love what the Rams do on offense. Love every damn thing about it.

I just need to know how much of it is Lafleur and what the hell happened in Atlanta.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

i dont think thats correct. i dont think a team can blocked a move from QB coach to OC, but can only block parallel moves. and he likely already knew he had the rams OC job long before it was actually announced after the falcons lost the SB. hell, Shanahan might have hired him if he had an OC but he decided not to hire one period.

that article comes from a falcons site from some random source and sounds like a lot of bs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i dont think thats correct. i dont think a team can blocked a move from QB coach to OC, but can only block parallel moves. and he likely already knew he had the rams OC job long before it was actually announced after the falcons lost the SB. hell, Shanahan might have hired him if he had an OC but he decided not to hire one period.

that article comes from a falcons site from some random source and sounds like a lot of bs.

The guy quotes is one of their longest tenured beat guys.

All assistant coaching positions are the same. The Eagles blocked DeFilippo from becoming the Jets OC last season. The Bears tried to hire the Packers QB coach to be OC (Clements) and were blocked.