If Fox wins out, does he stay?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been pretty anti-Fox, but an interesting thought came to mind. Let's say the Bears played out 2017 moving the ball the way they did against Cincy. Should Fox stay at that point?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What? No.

Why does this question keep getting asked? The rest of the season is garbage time that is like asking if our next head coach should be fired for losing in preseason.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Fox should have been fired for beating the Bengals. Costing us draft position

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Goddamnit, how many times are people going to ask this question?

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
670508f1bd92064429b909f15f1ee881.gif

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
I've been pretty anti-Fox, but an interesting thought came to mind. Let's say the Bears played out 2017 moving the ball the way they did against Cincy. Should Fox stay at that point?
Fox wins out while the bears are looking dominant?

Offense clicking. Trub making major strides and the D looking solid and benefiting from a productive offense. Causing turnovers as the other teams surprisingly have to pass to stay in the game. Then does fox stay?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears looked good against a team that has quit on the season. Not sure why people dont realize this.
Doubtful that the Bears look this good vs Minny or Detroit.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Bears looked good against a team that has quit on the season. Not sure why people dont realize this.
Doubtful that the Bears look this good vs Minny or Detroit.

Not looking at the fact Cincy was not eliminated from playoff contention before we beat them, and assuming what you said is true (it isn't).....don't you think it at least says something that our team hasn't given up on the season yet?

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would’ve thought there was no way Fox comes back, but you think a beat writer would have more assurance of an inevitable change.

**********Is it possible John Fox could return next year? If I am the Bears, I put feelers out to my top one to two choices for head coach, and if there isn’t interest I stick with Fox for one more year. If Mitch Trubisky continues to develop and the team is competitive the last couple of games, the noise for Fox to be fired certainly will be turned down. If your top choices are not interested, why settle for a second-tier choice? Is it a forgone conclusion Fox is out? — Dave A.********

Biggs- The Bears have three games remaining, and I doubt ownership and general manager Ryan Pace have made a final determination on Fox’s future. If the Bears win out and finish 7-9, they certainly would have to consider it, especially if the offense plays well down the stretch. But I think you either make a coaching change or don’t make a coaching change. It would be difficult to target just one or two potential options without firing the coach first.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
There is chatter that Fox has already been told he's done.

More, he was asked to coach the game, but leave the game planning to the O and D coordinators.

Not sure this is all true but...

33 to 7

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There is chatter that Fox has already been told he's done.

More, he was asked to coach the game, but leave the game planning to the O and D coordinators.

Not sure this is all true but...

33 to 7

we will find out this Saturday.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not looking at the fact Cincy was not eliminated from playoff contention before we beat them, and assuming what you said is true (it isn't).....don't you think it at least says something that our team hasn't given up on the season yet?

if you watched the game, it was a listless performance. Commentators, fans and radio show hosts have all said this.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace and the family see Fox ending the season winning out as justification to keep him for another season Soldier field should be blown up after that announcement.

I literally can't imagine having to see more stupid from that fuck.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
No its time to move on. Usually a team knows when its time to move on. They fired 10-6 coach in lovie because it was enough and they needed a change. With fox its an even easier decision because he is worse than lovie.