If Fox wins out, does he stay?

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Don't even put this bullshit out into the universe. John Fox sucks a bag of dicks, and he has murdered the spirit of our once proud heritage. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Fuck this guy.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would’ve thought there was no way Fox comes back, but you think a beat writer would have more assurance of an inevitable change.

**********Is it possible John Fox could return next year? If I am the Bears, I put feelers out to my top one to two choices for head coach, and if there isn’t interest I stick with Fox for one more year. If Mitch Trubisky continues to develop and the team is competitive the last couple of games, the noise for Fox to be fired certainly will be turned down. If your top choices are not interested, why settle for a second-tier choice? Is it a forgone conclusion Fox is out? — Dave A.********

Biggs- The Bears have three games remaining, and I doubt ownership and general manager Ryan Pace have made a final determination on Fox’s future. If the Bears win out and finish 7-9, they certainly would have to consider it, especially if the offense plays well down the stretch. But I think you either make a coaching change or don’t make a coaching change. It would be difficult to target just one or two potential options without firing the coach first.

That is Special person.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I still maintain Trestman was worse, if only because of Mel Tucker. John Fox brought the team an array of negatives on offense by way of losing talent and seemingly inferior offensive coaching. the defense, what was supposed to be an area of strength, has been a slow work in progress that continues to be stunted by an exorbitant amount of IRs.

he gets the thumbs down. all this "improved culture" got the team was the loss of elite caliber offensive talent.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
No.
And I believe Fox's fate is already decided one way or another, so these last game probably don't factor in at all.
These final games are all about developing the rookies imo.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was fired after GB, he was double fired after SF.

The Score was reporting that coaches around the league are already preparing for the opening.

We also heard that the Bears assistants don't think Fox is surviving, which is there way of getting it out there that they will be available for new staffs or openings.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Well, I am not sure if they can win out, but if they did and they looked dominant against the Lions and the Vikings (they might be in protect mode), and hell even the Brown's with Gordon are starting to look better, then.....

Fox is more than likely out, but if he told the ownership when Trubisky started that he was going to develop him slowly by running an ultra conservative game plan, and give him a much bigger role at the end of the year to see the progress and the leadership agreed, then he could be back next year.

We have no ideal what goes on behind closed doors, this might have been the plan all along and if the leadership agreed then they will stick with Fox.

If anything we have seen where ownership is loyal to a fault.

twetz

Liked Posts:
Apparently a little homework on the ending of Fox's tenure with the Broncos might help you understand that he isn't the answer and never was. I know I'm hyper critical, but a cigar store Indian would be a better choice.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What? No.

Why does this question keep getting asked? The rest of the season is garbage time that is like asking if our next head coach should be fired for losing in preseason.

Not sure why you're saying anything. You started an utterly stupid thread suggesting Loggains becoming head coach.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
They had two weeks to prepare them for a Rodgers-less team. TWO FUCKING WEEKS.

The whole staff needs to be gone, including Fangio.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Didn't John Fox go to a superbowl? Yet he was still fired.

Time to change that gif. That may have been the only big hit that bust ever had in the NFL. Bostic was a pussy

Reactions: DC

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I am visualizing...
It is time for the rebuild coach to go anyway. Got a stable locker room. The talent to get a winning record with a weaker schedule and less injuries.
An offensive minded HC sends the Bears out of the basement and onto the playground where they can look to sneak into a wild card game if nothing else.

Fox is just a marathon man in a 40yd dash.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ignore history? Repeat.
It’s almost an exact timeline of what the Bears have experienced over the past three years. Don’t be fooled by what Pace or Fox say to the media. There has definitely been some friction between the two in regards to roster composition. One source told me some of that centered around one of the teams’ most recent flops.

“FOX WANTED GLENNON. PACE WANTED TO USE THAT MONEY IN OTHER AREAS. BEARS WERE THE ONLY TEAM INTERESTED. PACE HAD A BLUEPRINT. HE WANTED A TOP CORNER TO SIGN, A TOP RECEIVER, TOP SAFETY AND A CHEAP VETERAN QB.”

This would back up the story that Pace had plans to go quarterback in the draft and wanted to prepare the roster for that eventuality. Fox though is a known hater of rookie QBs as evidenced by his inability to develop one. Every time he’s had a chance to get a younger passer, he’s instead gone for veteran free agents. Jake Delhomme in Carolina and Peyton Manning in Denver. Pursuing Glennon was right up his alley. A perfect way to bypass the idea of drafting a rookie.

Then Pace went ahead and did it anyway without Fox’s knowledge. In the end their differing philosophies failed to mesh, as is so often the case in the NFL. That’s why Pace needs to make a change and find somebody who thinks more like him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Ignore history? Repeat.
It’s almost an exact timeline of what the Bears have experienced over the past three years. Don’t be fooled by what Pace or Fox say to the media. There has definitely been some friction between the two in regards to roster composition. One source told me some of that centered around one of the teams’ most recent flops.

“FOX WANTED GLENNON. PACE WANTED TO USE THAT MONEY IN OTHER AREAS. BEARS WERE THE ONLY TEAM INTERESTED. PACE HAD A BLUEPRINT. HE WANTED A TOP CORNER TO SIGN, A TOP RECEIVER, TOP SAFETY AND A CHEAP VETERAN QB.”

This would back up the story that Pace had plans to go quarterback in the draft and wanted to prepare the roster for that eventuality. Fox though is a known hater of rookie QBs as evidenced by his inability to develop one. Every time he’s had a chance to get a younger passer, he’s instead gone for veteran free agents. Jake Delhomme in Carolina and Peyton Manning in Denver. Pursuing Glennon was right up his alley. A perfect way to bypass the idea of drafting a rookie.

Then Pace went ahead and did it anyway without Fox’s knowledge. In the end their differing philosophies failed to mesh, as is so often the case in the NFL. That’s why Pace needs to make a change and find somebody who thinks more like him.

Interesting.