Best and worst potential NFL head coach openings in 2018

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Wrong, they can't block him to be a HC or OC, at all. That would be a shit thing to even think about doing, but from a legality point, they can not keep him from going QB coach to even OC to another team in their own division at this point.

They can block him from being an OC. Well, at least they could this past offseason.....which they actually did to prevent him from interviewing for Jets OC.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...ck-john-defilippo-from-interviewing-with-jets

But they can't prevent him from a head coaching job. Nobody can be prevented from a HC job. Of course, being that DeFilippo has a contract which expires at the end of this year, they can't prevent him from anything because he'll be a free agent coach.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Browns #2 on that list is a laugher. Yes they have a lot of draft picks but they are still the Browns and the top candidates know better than to go there. I do think Dorsey will help turn things around though.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
His very strong drafts are keeping him alive at this point. Can you imagine if he actually puts together a good free agency and has another strong draft? We might actually win 8 games.

That is what is so frustrating. If he would have scored in FA to go along with the young guys he drafted we would have finally seen something positive in this rebuild. At his current pace we will need to hit year 10 to actually have a watchable product

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Pace is not a go big after FAs guy.
I would not get hopes up of Pace going hard after a #1 WR in free agency.
I think it's more likely that Pace drafts Ridley if he's there unless top D talent falls.

And if D drops then I see Pace trading up for a WR if he thinks one will go ahead of him in 2 or the end of 1.

After 2 years of a lot of injuries the Bears are due for a healthier run and having a rookie QB whose playing decent. And a powerful run game with a upper tier Defense makes the Bears nice HC bait.

The Browns will all their potential just seemed cursed. There is something behind the scenes that is holding them back and whatever it is that stigma is gonna be in the minds of the top shelf candidates.

IF O brien gets canned then the Texans are the obvious #1 HC spot. The Watson/Hopkins/Fuller combo is the most lethal set up in the league in my opinion. A healthy Watson another round of FAs and a draft making Houston prime real estate for HCs looking to avoid struggling.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When people on here say that Trubisky has struggled and Pace is a disaster, they get called trolls and haters. Then when neutral sportswriters write it, nobody bats an eyelid.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
When people on here say that Trubisky has struggled and Pace is a disaster, they get called trolls and haters. Then when neutral sportswriters write it, nobody bats an eyelid.

He also said he’s played better than Goff but that Goff had the better reputation among coaches.
He also called the free agents signings bad, not the overall job.
He said as most of us have they’re a passing attack away from contention, that’s hardly a “disaster”
As far as Trubisky, at least he knows what direction the sun sets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Dont tell pace fanboys about this or they will get pissed.

I am no Pace fanboy. But I don't blame him for Jeffrey. Jeffrey wanted out and Pace said fine. I am glad he let him walk instead of tagging him only to mope on the bench with phantom soft tissue injuries.

But I am no Pace fanboy.I would be happy to pack his bags at this point. He hired (or at least allowed to be hired by others) Fox, did not fire Fox when it was clear his efforts at coaching were behind him, and has been pretty bad at FA. He might have had a couple good drafts offset by his first bad draft and this latest FA period was dreadful.

I know he is safe, but I have little faith going forward with him.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah cause Pace fanboys didn't already know any of this...lol. Hahahaha

The good thing is that every single one of those players were signed to contracts that make them a one year tryout player. He gave them a shot and a few of them didn't work out so now he can cut the guys that really didn't work and collect more money to use elsewhere in this coming free agency.

So Pace gets credit for hedging his lack of pro scouting by signing them all to prove it deals? And he gets no blame for failure because he went conservative on the yearly guarantees? Sweetest gig in the world with that kind of job security. Success is low priority there. Huh.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So Pace gets credit for hedging his lack of pro scouting by signing them all to prove it deals? And he gets no blame for failure because he went conservative on the yearly guarantees? Sweetest gig in the world with that kind of job security. Success is low priority there. Huh.

not going to even try to explain to you why that is a good thing. maybe one day you'll figure it out...

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
You people still don’t get it. Pace has said this team will be built thru the draft. Until enough drafts have gone by, the plan was to sign younger players coming off their rookie contracts to fill out the roster. It’s by nature a hit or miss process, it was always going to be a slow build.
That’s what ownership wanted and that plan is what Pace sold them on when he was hired.
Damn, for years all I ever heard was “why don’t the Bears build thru the draft?”
Now it’s, how come we don’t get good FA or turn the team around faster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

People get defensive and I can say I have been that way on occasion. It is a little triggering though because when you say "trubisky has struggled" sure its a true statement but what you and others have actually TYPED is "trubisky is garbage" or "trubisky sucks" and also either flat out saying or implying he was a bust. You seem like a rational person but you have done your own part in going too far, just like the others have been overly defensive.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Have them post here. That'll change.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
not going to even try to explain to you why that is a good thing. maybe one day you'll figure it out...
Agreed. When people bark at and can't comprehend even the simplest of plans, they are insane beyond reason.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
People get defensive and I can say I have been that way on occasion. It is a little triggering though because when you say "trubisky has struggled" sure its a true statement but what you and others have actually TYPED is "trubisky is garbage" or "trubisky sucks" and also either flat out saying or implying he was a bust. You seem like a rational person but you have done your own part in going too far, just like the others have been overly defensive.

You make a sound and logical argument. You will be mocked for it.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Agreed. When people bark at and can't comprehend even the simplest of plans, they are insane beyond reason.

This latest shit FA period was planned? Huh, who knew? I would ask how or what you are talking about, but since you construe me as "barking" and "uncomprehending", it is easier just to dismiss me as "insane". Sometimes I have a real love/hate thing with posting to this board.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Well I can't deny that I occasionally enjoy wording my remarks in a manner that encourages an energized response. You only live once eh?