Manny Machado

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Love it that we were the dark horse team. Love it that we've made the best offer. Without the ability to negotiate an extension it best not include Kpech and Giolito. I'd do something like Fulmer, Cease and a minor guy tops.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see hawks spin if this move happens lmfao.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Absolutely can't give up a top guy. I'd start at Cease. Anything higher, no thanks.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Rask posted on my thanks tag: "superstar coming back. It would almost certainly be Abreu, Giollito, and I would guess 3-7 additional minor leaguers."

Rask, you are so far off base on that.
1) Machado has a single year, and then a Free Agent. His value is less.
2) Even if an extension was allowed, which a window for negotiation for the trade is not, he'd bring in roughly what Stanton did considering the White Sox would be paying the entire contract and not the 80% that the Yankees are paying.
3) The Orioles have already said they want pitching and near ready pitching. The White Sox did not offer Giolito nor Kopech and had the best offer by reports. I am guessing it was something like Fulmer and Hansen/Cease and perhaps a lower quality pitcher like Adams.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rask posted on my thanks tag: "superstar coming back. It would almost certainly be Abreu, Giollito, and I would guess 3-7 additional minor leaguers."

Rask, you are so far off base on that.
1) Machado has a single year, and then a Free Agent. His value is less.
2) Even if an extension was allowed, which a window for negotiation for the trade is not, he'd bring in roughly what Stanton did considering the White Sox would be paying the entire contract and not the 80% that the Yankees are paying.
3) The Orioles have already said they want pitching and near ready pitching. The White Sox did not offer Giolito nor Kopech and had the best offer by reports. I am guessing it was something like Fulmer and Hansen/Cease and perhaps a lower quality pitcher like Adams.

With no sufficient bid emerging, the Orioles are now indicating to interested organizations that star third baseman Manny Machado “is staying put,” according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today (Twitter links). That could yet change if a big new offer comes in the door, but it seems that Baltimore will no longer actively shop the pending free agent.

Seems obvious that you need to offer more than the above!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They are probably looking for a haul similar to what the pitchers traded last season got. Reality is even based on article by espn hitters aren’t in high demand right now so salary and trade market is going to be down. They should have sold on him last year if they didn’t want to keep him

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
With no sufficient bid emerging, the Orioles are now indicating to interested organizations that star third baseman Manny Machado “is staying put,” according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today (Twitter links). That could yet change if a big new offer comes in the door, but it seems that Baltimore will no longer actively shop the pending free agent.

Seems obvious that you need to offer more than the above!

Oh I never thought they would trade him. The Orioles are one of the worst run organizations and they'll get less at the deadline now than if they traded him today. I like the White Sox with all the budget room they will have in the coming years on landing a Machado or compatible type. Maybe even two.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lol, Rask gave me a dislike for my above post, and then (obviously) no one offered up a big package for Machado. Gee, I wonder why?

I think the Sox will probably go after a big name or two next offseason if their young guys make enough progress to where they think they can really compete in 2019.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Lol, Rask gave me a dislike for my above post, and then (obviously) no one offered up a big package for Machado. Gee, I wonder why?

I think the Sox will probably go after a big name or two next offseason if their young guys make enough progress to where they think they can really compete in 2019.

did the same to me. He'd rather rep a conversation that post it out here for all to comment on

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
No need to dump the farm for him if they're seriously considering signing him next season anyway.

Payroll is going to be so low, I say give him his 10/300M, or whatever, but front load the fuck out of it.

I'd honestly give him $45M the first 3-4 years each. Year 5-10 will only average to be $20M, while hefty, will probably be league average by 2028/2029 when he's getting old given the way the saleries are sky rocketting.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love that they showed interest to show Manny they want him. I loved that they weren't willing to sell the farm to acquire him for a 1 year rental. I love that they are positioning themselves to potentially make a good run at him next year too. Do they potentially move a Tim Anderson at the deadline if he has a decent year and Hahn gets a decent return to go all in on Manny? It'll be interesting to see how the youth play out this next year. Exciting times to be a Sox fan :)

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Yeah if Anderson has a bounce back/break out season (depending on one's point of view) and then you sign Machado you have a potential great trading chip during the 2018-2019 offseason.