The end of this season is not gonna be boring. How do you want it to end.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
@windy. If you told me Trubisky would go 65% 275 yards, 2 TDs each of the next 3 games and the Bears would pick 30th I would be fine with it. ))
Would you be OK if I told you Trubisky would go 65% 275 yards, 2 TDs each of the next 3 games and the Bears would pick 3thd?
So you believe the benefits of winning now outweigh the benefits of losing these meaningless games.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Anybody else having quote issues ? Mine just won't quote, been that way 3 days now.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Winning 2 out of 3, Trubisky continuing an upward trajectory and absolutely no more injuries is my ideal scenario. The young core needs to learn what it takes to win NFL games.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@hawk. Losing is for pussies. We need some wins to build some momentum. Fuck draft position. There will be talent on the board no matter where we pick. The whole mentality that we have to be in the top 5 is what keeps us bottom dwellers. ))

It's also the mentality that got us a QB. It's also the mentality that would bring a difference maker or more draft picks. 1 year from now I like the mentality of having more or better players. No one is gonna remember winning or losing these late season meaningless games a year from now. But the draft lost cost will hang around for awhile. This is a freakn rebuild and a top pick or extra picks will speed up the rebuild process. Will winng meaningless late season games help speed up the rebuild?

Marshon Lattimore
Deshaun Watson
Derek Barnett
Marlon Humphrey
OJ Howard
Garrett Bolles
Jarrad Davis
Evan Engram
Jabrill Peppers
Takkarist McKinley
TreDavious White
David Njoku
TJ Watt
Reuben Foster
Ryan Ramczyk

All of these players were taken outside of the top 10. All of these players are giving their teams production. Plenty of talent out there. I'm probably even missing a few people. It's not all doom and gloom if we aren't picking in the top 5.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Winning the last 4 this year won't give us any momentum when the season starts next sept.....esp with an entirely new coaching staff, plays, players, schemes, etc...

Would like to beat Det because I can't stand them and it would eliminate them.....

Would like to beat clev because it would be an embarrassment to lose to the.

Hate the queens but that game will likely be irrelevant for them.

All that said, as long as we beat clev, show more progress with trubisky and fire the staff black Monday all will be fine.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If we play like last week, we WILL beat both Detroit and Cleveland. And depending on what Minny has to play for, we may have a shot in the finale as well. Could be a good game anyway...

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
-I’ll take wins but most of all we have to beat the Browns.

-See TRU grow some more.

-Young guys make some plays

-Nobody gets seriously injured.

-Howard to win the rushing title.

- Then BRING ON black Monday.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
We should win out. Rememeber this is a young team that needs to build its confidence. I never understood the losing to get a higher draft pick mentality. No matter what pick we have we should be draft to draft a pro bowl level talent there. It’s Paces Job to ientify that person

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Play well and stay healthy is all I care about.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I just enjoy watching this board go back and forth between, "fire everybody, season over! Lose out get a high pick" to "they could win out" based on 1 game.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it was exciting watching the offense actually perform last week but I call it an anomaly until they do it again. They did open things up more which I suspect could have been Because Fox was told to get his hands off the play calling.

But the Bengals defense played as bad as I have seen a defense play in sometime. Guys were open by a country mile and the effort by the Bengals was non-existent. I think that Monday Night game against the Steelers took all the fight out of them.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Winning the last 4 this year won't give us any momentum when the season starts next sept.....esp with an entirely new coaching staff, plays, players, schemes, etc...

Would like to beat Det because I can't stand them and it would eliminate them.....

Would like to beat clev because it would be an embarrassment to lose to the.

Hate the queens but that game will likely be irrelevant for them.

All that said, as long as we beat clev, show more progress with trubisky and fire the staff black Monday all will be fine.

Absolutely correct.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
True that winning out won't give momentum. But it would give confidence, especially to our young QB, and to the other young players that actually played and contributed last week if it continues. And it show a new possible staff, as well as FAs we may want to sign, the potential of this team. So I think it would have some benefit.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
They won't beat the Vikings in Minnesota.
Have you considered that the Bears could be facing a Vikings team that is much worse than the Browns team they will face?

If the Vikings have already achieved everything they can (home field advantage, etc) before going to the playoffs, they might play their second and third string players, saving the starters for games that matter.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Losing is for pussies. We need some wins to build some momentum. Fuck draft position. There will be talent on the board no matter where we pick. The whole mentality that we have to be in the top 5 is what keeps us bottom dwellers.

Wow, this is a bunch of bullshit.

We need some wins to build some momentum.
There is no such thing as momentum from season to season especially if the coaching staff is let go. That momentum and wins were part of the old coaching staff. The new staff has no wins.

Moreover, every team has the same record at the start of the next season, zero wins and zero losses. The only thing that continues from season to season are injuries. Ask Lovie how well he felt when he won that last Vikings game but basically ended Urlacher's career when he ended his athleticism with an injury during the last game of the season.

There will be talent on the board no matter where we pick.
To a point, this is correct, but the first 3 to 5 spots are pure gold because they have the highest chances of being a blue chip player while any pick beyond that is a 50/50 chance of being a bust.

The whole mentality that we have to be in the top 5 is what keeps us bottom dwellers.

Seeing that last year was the only time in quite a while that the Bears picked top 5 makes your statement "what keeps us bottom dwellers" complete BS.

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
Wow, this is a bunch of bullshit.

There is no such thing as momentum from season to season especially if the coaching staff is let go. That momentum and wins were part of the old coaching staff. The new staff has no wins.

Moreover, every team has the same record at the start of the next season, zero wins and zero losses. The only thing that continues from season to season are injuries. Ask Lovie how well he felt when he won that last Vikings game but basically ended Urlacher's career when he ended his athleticism with an injury during the last game of the season.

To a point, this is correct, but the first 3 to 5 spots are pure gold because they have the highest chances of being a blue chip player while any pick beyond that is a 50/50 chance of being a bust.

Seeing that last year was the only time in quite a while that the Bears picked top 5 makes your statement "what keeps us bottom dwellers" complete BS.

Yes there is momentum. There rarely is a 2-14team that wins the Super Bowl bowl the next year or it goes deep into the playoffs. You clearly have never played college ball. Confidence is everything

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes there is momentum. There rarely is a 2-14team that wins the Super Bowl bowl the next year or it goes deep into the playoffs. You clearly have never played college ball. Confidence is everything

The Rams lost their final 6 games last year, in one blowout after another. The Eagles lost 5 of their final 7 games, only beating the Cowboys in the final game because Mark Sanchez and all the back ups were starting for the Cowboys.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
6-10 or 7-9 will probably draw a better choice of coach. Especially if the offense performs.

I’d rather have a better selection of coach than a higher draft pick right now.