The Case Against R. Pace

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
If the Bears "sniff" .500 next year, in Ryan Pace's fourth year of his rancid rebuild, that will indeed be considered a success by the Bears beaten fanbase, your shop-ly included, tired as we all are of double digit loss seasons and futility records on both offense and defense.

But that doesn't mean Oace's rebuild is on schedule, or that he's earning his paycheck. Jerry "Slick" Angelo had the Bears at 11-and-6 and in the playoffs in his fourth year and in the Super Bowl the next, and the Slickster is widely ridiculed by Bear fans as incompetent. So what does that make Pace, who will be lucky to win 7 games next year?

Let's stop pretending this isn't the fiasco 13-and-33 tells us it is and that Pace isn't culpable.

Sad when the trolls make smarter posts than the doofus regulars

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have shown a talent promise. Pace has certainly had busts in FA but has drafted some real talent. He may have selected the Bears QB for the next 12 years as well. (Despite what people say, Trubisky has shown a lot of promise).

The real common denominator is the horrible coaching we have seen. Announcers have seen it, fans have seen it and I am sure Pace has seen it. I don't have a problem with Pace not Firing Fox until the end of the year. You fire the head coach if the replacement you bring in will improve the team. I don't see either Fangio or Loggains improving the team to warrant a replacement right now.

Pace is not getting fired and will have another coach to choose and a couple more drafts at least.

Improvement doesn't only manifest itself in the won-loss record, particularly in a rebuild as the Pace apologists keep reminding us. Pace should have pulled the trigger on Fox several weeks ago in order to send the message that the current losing culture that Fox is instilling isn't acceptable. In fact, you have players speaking to the media about "changing the culture" - they themselves want change and Pace is too busy gelling his hair to do anything about it.

Fox's offensive edicts to Duh-well Loggains (if you believe that is going on) or Loggains's basic lack of competence and Fox's inaction thereby was another good reason for Pace to step in. It is clear that any aggressiveness The Frisky One came in with has been coached right out of him. Every additional minute this coaching staff is allowed to spend with him adds damage that the next staff will have to repair.

This is why teams fire coaches mid season when it is clear the bottom has fallen out. Pace apparently can't be bothered, but don't he look handsome up in the booth . . .

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's had good drafts.

He's been poor in free agency.

He didn't get to pick his HC.

I give him an incomplete grade so far. Let him hire a coach, judge him in 2 years.

He has had one bad draft, one good draft, and one "great" draft so long as Trubisky is a franchise QB.

I agree his pro personnel decisions have been poor to downright rotten.

Are we all really giving him a pass on Fox, including stick with Fox after last season? Are we really to believe that our GM is a spineless jellyfish. If so then I'm even more worried about Pace than I thought I was.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has had one bad draft, one good draft, and one "great" draft so long as Trubisky is a franchise QB.

I agree his pro personnel decisions have been poor to downright rotten.

That's a helluva big IF at this point. What has The Frisky One showed to suggest he's a franchise quarterback? A competent game manager? Perhaps. Serviceable? Probably. A game changer? Not yet, by any means. All we have to go on that is Pace's puerile PR. Considering that's coming from the guy who just had to have Mike Glennon, the shoopster needs more than that . . .

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What worries me about Pace is he is just a guy and the Bears need more than a guy to turn their franchise around. Being slightly above average in the draft over his 3 years in totality is not enough.

He lets Alshon walk and banks on Cam Meredith and White to be his starters. He does nothing to bolster his pass rush having to rely on a bunch of gimps like Houston and McPhee. He brings back John Fox who had nothing to offer to a rookie QB.

Pace lacks ingenuity, creativeness, and aggressiveness that the top team builders possess.

At this point I'm okay letting Pace go if that is what is needed to acquire a guy like Jim Harbaugh. But this is the Bears and they are okay with being two steps behind the rest of the league so Pace is going nowhere and sadly the Bears aren't either.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If Pace gets the next coaching hire right, all will be well in Chicago.

He gets one mulligan and John Fox has been that. Pace has to learn this time around.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace gets the next coaching hire right, all will be well in Chicago.

He gets one mulligan and John Fox has been that. Pace has to learn this time around.

After reading the article in the Boston Globe linked by Windy, I’m having doubts aboot Pace getting another hire.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
After reading the article in the Boston Globe linked by Windy, I’m having doubts aboot Pace getting another hire.

Pace is coming back. He should be canned along fox but the reality is he wont.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

If you want to can him and Fox fine but you better make one hell of a move like a Caserio/McDaniels combo. I am not a McDaniels fan but it at least shows the Bears brass is trying to make a real effort to get back to winning by acquiring two guys from a winning organisation and culture.

If you fire a guy who has shown a knack for drafting but made one bad coaching hire (if he even made the decision), you may really regret it with the next hire.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Pace is coming back. He should be canned along fox but the reality is he wont.
Why should he? They said they choose him particularly when liking he had a long term goal and outlook so why should short term results be the judging factor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Why should he? They said they choose him particularly when liking he had a long term goal and outlook so why should short term results be the judging factor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

All gms have long term and short term goals. If you compare him to emery he has a worst record and coaching hire and emery got canned in two years. People say its because the bears are rebuilding. well emery was rebuilding too. he had an aging team and he was slowly replacing bad players with good players. Unlike pace who wanted to do a brute force rebuild and got rid of all the previous gms guys even if they were good like alshon. Emery only got two years for his rebuild. Why should pace get 3+?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want to can him and Fox fine but you better make one hell of a move like a Caserio/McDaniels combo. I am not a McDaniels fan but it at least shows the Bears brass is trying to make a real effort to get back to winning by acquiring two guys from a winning organisation and culture.

If you fire a guy who has shown a knack for drafting but made one bad coaching hire (if he even made the decision), you may really regret it with the next hire.

Let's not just pretend 1 bad HC hire is all that Pace has done wrong.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's not just pretend 1 bad HC hire is all that Pace has done wrong.

He didn't even do that - "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi did.

And this rebuild was always going to take 6 or 7 years. It's a special one, different from all the others in the NFL . . .

. . . Sheesh, and I don't mean the poster . . .