Dan Wiederer confirms Pete Carmichael Jr NOT in running for Bears HC on Twitter

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Not quite a confirmation. But good. Carmichael is meh.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Depends on how you take it. You could just take it that Pace is not willing to just do nothing and wait on Carmichael. Or maybe Wiederer has no idea what’s in Pace’s mind, because how could he? With a coach still employed, Pace isn’t walking around Halas Hall flapping his gums.

For full context:

Chris Meyers
My question will be, will Ryan Pace go with anyone on the candidate list or just wait on Carmichael from the Saints ?

Dan Wiederer
That second scenario is 100 percent not happening.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Not quite a confirmation. But good. Carmichael is meh.
My apologies, don't know how to copy the entire tweet storm, but he was replying to a fan in asking if the Bears will go in a different direction or are waiting on Pete Carmichael Jr.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
As long as he doesn’t explore the cfl we have a fifty fifty chance on making it lol

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ryan Pace's previous search had Pete Carmichael, Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia and Darrell Bevell were all candidates. If Carmichael is out I hope it's an outside candidate but Matt Patricia does interest me depending on coordinator and how much he knows about an offense.

His previous search should give some insight into what he's looking for.

Mitchapalooza

img_8479.png

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace's previous search had Pete Carmichael, Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia and Darrell Bevell were all candidates. If Carmichael is out I hope it's an outside candidate but Matt Patricia does interest me depending on coordinator and how much he knows about an offense.

His previous search should give some insight into what he's looking for.

Josh’s brother is already on the staff. Does that mean anything?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Patricia HC

Carmichael OC (he will leave NO because now he has complete control of the offense and play calling)

How does that look?

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I'd be surprised if the Giants and McDaniels aren't matched up at the end of the season.

Frustrating but true.

The only potential opening for the Bears would be if McDaniels loves Trubisky, which is possible because Jimmy G and Mitch are somewhat similar.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Naggy has been doing well for the Chiefs offense ever since he got playcalling duties

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
Based on the tweet he was replying to, Wiederer could be saying Pace isn't going to hold out for Carmichael and pass on other candidates while NO is still playing in playoff games, rather than 100% ruling out Carmichael as a candidate.

That being said I'm personally not a fan of Carmichael and hope Pace goes a different route

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Frustrating but true.

The only potential opening for the Bears would be if McDaniels loves Trubisky, which is possible because Jimmy G and Mitch are somewhat similar.

LOL And hows that, because they both play QB?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
LOL And hows that, because they both play QB?

Combine measurements:
Garoppolo- 6'2, 226lbs, 31" arms, 9 1/4" hands
Trubisky- 6'2", 222 lbs, 32" arms, 9 1/2" hands

Both known for a quick release. Both are known for their accuracy. Trubisky is more athletic and has a little better arm, but there are some similarities.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Interesting read about coaching openings

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/p...g-this-year/mobadzKlt29rJfUFMOSFZK/story.html

This guy thinks Pace is in trouble.

O'Brien would interest me as well.

Interesting that Volin, who is really good, thinks Pace is in trouble or done.

I don't think he is, but interesting if that is the buzz.

I wonder if it is a situation where if the Bears can get the GM they want, hypothetically Cesario and McDaniels that maybe Pace is gone.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
If anyone is listening to Rozner on 670 he is laying it out pretty good about the state of this team from 1985 to date, and Paces record and personnel moves, including draft picks. Making a good case for Pace to be gone.

But at the same time saying don't expect the Bears owners to find the right hire as they are failures as owners of a football team.