3 best / worst performances (week 15)

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Didn't get a chance to create this thread last week so here's a short summary of the game against the Bengals:

Good: Everybody
Bad: Nobody

Now let's get into this weeks abomination of a game.

The Bears came out stale and unprepared on saturday, fans would've been better off if sunday came and they weren't aware the game had already happened. Boring, Conservative offense and 13 total penalties only adds a cherry on top of this heaping stinker of a job John Fox has done in Chicago. Very little went right for the Bears.

Here's the good first:

3. Kyle Fuller

I thought Fuller had another really nice game. You can tell that other teams are starting to respect him and look elsewhere on the field (*cough* Amukamara *cough*). Fuller was sound, but it wasn't enough as Stafford just picked on Prince "the human yellow flag" Amukamara and Eddie "I got mossed" Jackson.

2. Sam Acho

I finally noticed Acho on the field. He played a majority of the last few games, but has made little if any impact, but Saturday was different. Acho had 1 TFL, 1 sack, and 1 forced fumble. Thats not a bad day at all.

1. Lamarr Houston

Acho has been the Bears primary pass rusher since Floyd's injury weeks ago. But Houston has massively outproduced him in just a fraction of his snaps. Houston has 4 sacks this season including 2 in the past two weeks each. but we all knew Houston is a talented pass rusher, health was the only concern.

And the bad:

3. Mitchell Trubisky

That was a pretty bad game for the rook. Not as bad as Philadelphia, but still pretty bad. Weirdly enough, Trubisky's first career 300 yard game was his first career 3 pick day. The first interception sailed on him a bit, and was also a great play by a great player. The second was 100% on him, that was a bad decision that may have been made out of frustration. The third I'm going to assume was miscommunication with Daniel Brown. Brown hasn't played a whole lot this year so I'm pinning that one on him. However, Trubisky had some nice moments as well. He had a beautiful throw to Kendall Wright on the sideline to where only he could get it (great catch too). When the Bears were stuck in a 3rd and long, Trubisky found Wheaton for a first with pressure right in his face. Maybe the most impressive part of his day was the 90+ yard touchdown drive where they overcame 5 penalties. It was a very up and down day for him to say the least. I think we can all agree he shouldn't have thrown 46 times, especially with Howard getting 10 carries.

2. Prince Amukamara

I've seen some people on this board praise Prince and even say he's due a hefty extension this off season. I must say, I don't understand it. All season long he has been picked on by the opposing offense. Teams have been throwing away from Fuller and at Amukamara, and its been working. He's prone to those holding/PI calls and he isn't a playmaker (never has been either).

1. O-Line

Yes injuries killed this unit, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they got dominated by a bad Lion's front seven. After destroying the Lions on the ground earlier this year, Howard and Cohen struggled to find any holes at all. Pass protection was also lackluster as they got called on multiple false starts and holds. Massie had a guy run right around him which forced Mitch to step up into the first sack. On the second sack Sowell looked foolish on his first snap in for injured Tom Compton, Akeem Spence hardly worked for that sack.

0. Special Teams

Just a bonus because I think their bad performance is being overlooked. Not only did Cohen's long kick return get called back with a holding call on DHC, but Timu somehow also got called with holding on a punt that only went 24 yards. Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but on that last Lion's punt, instead of fair catching the punt at the 25 yard line, Cohen let it bounce inside the ten, putting the offense in pretty poor position to start a drive they needed to score on to have any chance at winning the game.

0 1/2. Run Defense

Double bonus? Yup. Gave up way too many yards per run, if Detroit would have stuck with it they probably would've had their 100 yard rusher.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Cohen has made a few rookie mistakes on punt returns but has also made a large amount of excellent plays as well. He is lightning in a bottle and other teams will be scared to punt to him as the lions were by kicking short and away from him. We need to learn how to use that to our advantage. The constant holding calls are driving me nuts, I couldn’t begin to understand how Cohen must feel. He’s had tons of long plays returned for some hold on the opposite side of the field!

Cohen has to run up and catch that ball and not let it bounce like that. It took off ten seconds of the clock and cost 30 yards or more. We as a team need to also just take a goddamn knee in the end zone. Practically every time they take it out we end up starting the drive on the 15 instead of the 25. Statistically speaking, a team is far better off taking the ball at the 25 instead of risking penalties and injuries. If you need a quick score at the end of the game or half with little time on the field, then try and return it for a touchdown but the rest of the time just take the ball at the 25.

Our coaching stinks on special teams. That’s all on fox and pace. They completely devalued the third part of the team (special teams) and it boggles my mind. You would think an old school coach who wants to play every game close and have it come down to the end, would want/NEED an excellent kicker and great defensive special teams play. Nah, we are gonna roll with Connor Barth at kicker and get rid of a staple and a Bears legend in Robbie Gould. That’s pace’s ego, he has hurt us in so many areas just because of this issue. He must know that his job is secure for quite some time because it was clear from the beginning that he wanted nothing to do with previous regime players and has gotten rid of practically all of them even if it meant making the team much worse. You cannot build a winning team in this league by letting your draft picks leave via feee agency. Like Alshon Jefferey.

I don’t want to get rid of Pace just yet but there are a couple of things that worry me about him. He’s got an ego problem, he cares more about how he looks rather than how the team performs. This is only my perception and I’m not saying this is a fact. Just my little opinion and I think I’ve got a pretty good argument to support the claim. If we find out that he was the brain child behind the fox hiring then I think he should be fired as well.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cohen has made a few rookie mistakes on punt returns but has also made a large amount of excellent plays as well. He is lightning in a bottle and other teams will be scared to punt to him as the lions were by kicking short and away from him. We need to learn how to use that to our advantage. The constant holding calls are driving me nuts, I couldn’t begin to understand how Cohen must feel. He’s had tons of long plays returned for some hold on the opposite side of the field!

Cohen has to run up and catch that ball and not let it bounce like that. It took off ten seconds of the clock and cost 30 yards or more. We as a team need to also just take a goddamn knee in the end zone. Practically every time they take it out we end up starting the drive on the 15 instead of the 25. Statistically speaking, a team is far better off taking the ball at the 25 instead of risking penalties and injuries. If you need a quick score at the end of the game or half with little time on the field, then try and return it for a touchdown but the rest of the time just take the ball at the 25.

Our coaching stinks on special teams. That’s all on fox and pace. They completely devalued the third part of the team (special teams) and it boggles my mind. You would think an old school coach who wants to play every game close and have it come down to the end, would want/NEED an excellent kicker and great defensive special teams play. Nah, we are gonna roll with Connor Barth at kicker and get rid of a staple and a Bears legend in Robbie Gould. That’s pace’s ego, he has hurt us in so many areas just because of this issue. He must know that his job is secure for quite some time because it was clear from the beginning that he wanted nothing to do with previous regime players and has gotten rid of practically all of them even if it meant making the team much worse. You cannot build a winning team in this league by letting your draft picks leave via feee agency. Like Alshon Jefferey.

Anybody ever give a thought to the possibility that one of the reasons Cohen is so "explosive" on these returns is because everyone around him is holding?

It doesn't count of it gets called back, for precisely that reason . . .

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t want to get rid of Pace just yet but there are a couple of things that worry me about him. He’s got an ego problem, he cares more about how he looks rather than how the team performs. This is only my perception and I’m not saying this is a fact. Just my little opinion and I think I’ve got a pretty good argument to support the claim. If we find out that he was the brain child behind the fox hiring then I think he should be fired as well.

"Uncle" Ernie Accorsi hired John Fox. But Pace wasn't man enough to stand up to the McCaskey's meddling and demand he be allowed to the job he had as the General Manager the right to do.

This doesn't make things any better for Pace. Maybe worse, actually . . .

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
"Uncle" Ernie Accorsi hired John Fox. But Pace wasn't man enough to stand up to the McCaskey's meddling and demand he be allowed to the job he had as the General Manager the right to do.

This doesn't make things any better for Pace. Maybe worse, actually . . .

Is there any info on who pace wanted for hc before accorsi foisted outdated fox on us?