Matt Patricia - Possible Head Coach Candidate

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'd take a defensive guy as our next HC as long as he hires a legit OC and lets that OC run his offense however he wants to. I still want them to hire an offensive mind and there's some really intriguing ones that will be out there this off season but i guess i'd be alright if they hired a defensive guy.

P.Shurmur has done some impressive things and not only what hes' doing with Minny with a backup QB and losing D.Cook but also what he did when he was with Clev.

M.Nagy has been impressive calling plays so far and the A.Reid tree has put out some legit coaches.

M.LaFluer has also done good things and has worked under a couple of the best offensive minds in K.Shanahan and now S.McVay.

F.Reich or J.DeFilippo--I really like both of them. DeFilippo is more of a coin flip cause his resume isn't all that impressive but it's not bad and he's done some good things.

Jimmy Harbaugh still leads the way for me.

There are allot of dc that are hc material allot more then I see oc

Our problem is we have a young qb and if this defensive minded hc brings in an oc that is successful with trubisky he is going to dip asap just like gase did. Then you are looking at third year qb already working with a third system

I don’t think that’s a good idea

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Our problem is we have a young qb and if this defensive minded hc brings in an oc that is successful with trubisky he is going to dip asap just like gase did. Then you are looking at third year qb already working with a third system

Good point and no i don't want Trubs to have to play under multiple OC's. Whoever Pace hires needs to be the guy we keep around for many years. We need to put Trubs in a system that he can learn and play in for many years.

Liked Posts:

You're using the wrong word when you use "allot"...it should be "a lot"

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he will be the best HC than go nuts and hire him. We need a good coach.

chi

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the hire. I remember when Pace was hired he mentioned something of the Parcells coaching tree. At least thats what he liked about Sean Payton.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
HC: Matt Patricia

Matt-Patricia-Patriots.jpg

OC: Bill Musgrave [Broncos QB Coach/OC]

The Bears would need to add an experienced offensive play caller who is not a risk of becoming a HC and that can be here for a couple of seasons consecutively. Musgrave has called plays for nearly a decade in the NFL and he was a big part of the development of Derek Carr. Denver might keep him but with the turmoil on that staff he may also be available.

kusgrave_cardnew.jpg

Backup: Dirk Koetter [Tampa Bay HC], obviously the Bucs have sucked this season, but Koetter knows QBs and offense and was good in Tampa before this season and was good in Atlanta.

QB Coach: Tom Clements [Packers QB Coach]

Worked with Aaron Rodgers his entire career and the Bears tried to poach him a couple of times to be OC. An accomplished QB and a longtime QB coach is what the Bears need working with Trubisky everyday.

tom-clements.jpg

Backup: George Godsey [Detroit Special Assistant]: Was the QB coach and OC for Houston and could come in as he knows Patricia from their time in New England.

DC: Mike Vrabel [Texans DC]

With the Texans staff likely "parting ways" at the end of the season this could open Vrabel up, if he does not get a HC gig, to come to a team where he is close with the HC and has talent to work with.

houston-texans-defensive-coordinator-mike-vrabel-81917.jpg

Backup: Brian Flores [Patriots LB Coach]: He knows the system so if Vrabel takes the NE DC job, the Bears can try and poach Flores to a promotion.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Windy your post deserves it's own thread. This one is already a mess. haha

Excited to see your extended take on it.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Kubiak has said that he wants to come back, but not as a HC, too much stress
Holy shit. Hadn't heard that. Any names he's attached to for HC?

If that's true, then thats the only way I'd accept a DC as HC.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

JoeyBones21

Liked Posts:
The OP may mean the first time around, when Pace was interviewing candidates only to be later told that "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi was going to pick the Head Coach and Pace was to look pretty and obey.

Since there was another report here last week from a CCS-er that Pace was going to go back to his original list - which sounds like a great list since apparently everyone on it is still available and weren't good enough to get hired in the three years Pace has been racking up 33 losses - that makes as much sense as anything else this woeful wunderkind has done . . .

Shoop, your comments like this is about 90% of the reason I come to CCS.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
He looks like a tough guy so meatballs are all in.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Patriots mostly have mediocre defenses, and even on occasions when they're decent, everyone knows that in reality Belichick runs their defense (for example those in game changes Pats made in last SB, that stopped Ryan & Shanahan).

So IMO, Patricia would be a WTF move.