The Build a Coaching Staff Game [Round 1]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Build a Coaching Staff Game [Round 2-Pg3]

I have a new game the rules are that you build the best coaching staff you can around a head coach candidate. I encourage you to look for possible connections and reasons for the coaches to work together.

Coaches who are fired and hit the market

Chicago [Ha Ha]

Houston

Tampa Bay

NYG

Indianapolis

Cincinnati

Oakland-Not Del Rio, but everyone else

Denver-Offensive staff

You can also use any coaches that are on the street right now [McCoy, Norv, McAdoo]

You must fill the positions,

OC:

QB:

DC:

Special Teams:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First HC, who was interviewed by Pace last time,

Patriots DC Matt Patricia

Matt-Patricia-Patriots.jpg

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
OC : Kubiak
QB : Press Taylor
DC : Fangio

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before I name a DC, are we bound by NFL rules with no lateral moves (which means even assistants couldn't be brought in to be DC)?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Before I name a DC, are we bound by NFL rules with no lateral moves (which means even assistants couldn't be brought in to be DC)?

Teams can block lateral moves but most teams have a way around that with offering up a separate title.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

I found this interesting:

Per NFL Rules

LATERAL OPPORTUNITIES

Assistant coach to Non Head Coach opportunities

Note: “promotions” to coordinator level are NOT promotions under this policy; a coach is either an Assistant Coach or a Head Coach, period.
Teams retain exclusive rights to an Assistant Coach who just completed the final season under contract until:

The Tuesday following 15 days after the final Monday Night Football game of the regular season, if the Assistant Coaches team is not in the playoffs
The 3rd Tuesday after the Assistant Coaches final playoff game (including Super Bowl), but in no event later than the expiration date in the coaches contract.
This 3 week exclusivity period CAN be waived by the coach’s team.
Coaches Not Under Written Contract:

If an Assistant Coach is working without a contract in effect (i.e., hasn’t yet signed his deal, his old deal lapsed, no new deal reached, but he’s still working for the club), permission MUST be granted even if coach continues to be paid on a non contract basis, and even if it is after March 1st.
Any Assistant Coach not under contract by the time preseason training camp begins is not permitted to participate until his written contract is signed and approved by the League office.
So assistant coaches in the NFL cannot leave their team unless granted permission or following the expiration of their contracts unless they are hiring for HEAD COACHING POSITIONS

Source: http://www.prostarcoaching.net/library/NFL_Contact_Rules.pdf

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
OC: Dowell Loggains
QB: Dave Ragone
DC: Vic Fangio

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
QB coach:

636281453152035695-Manning-mk-03.jpg

The problem with Manning as a coach is that he demands perfection. Many of his former teammates have said that he would be a much better GM. I would argue that he has the best mind in football, even better then belichick. I think he wold make a much better Gm.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
First HC, who was interviewed by Pace last time,

Patriots DC Matt Patricia

DC: Pepper Johnson - currently with the NYJ as DL coach; has been around great to elite defenses; worked with Patricia for several years in NE; former pro bowl player; Patricia will likely be the mastermind on defense but Pepper is established enough to have input.

OC: Chad O'Shea - WR's coach for the Patriots since 2009; the work he's done with non-elite WR's is remarkable; familiar with the quick hitting offensive system that NE has run; played QB in college so understands the position.

QB's: you can keep Ragone for continuity but probably better or more experienced candidates in the open market. Brian Schottenheimer for example.

ST: Not Jeff Rodgers. Just poach someone with a good track record off one of the teams about to get blown up.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are a broken down, dysfunctional franchise. Ownership is flaccid and they wouldn't know how to win if it fell in their laps.

Enter Jim Harbaugh, the chaos candidate. Normally I would say steer clear of Jim because he is a quirky individual with a knack for wearing out his welcome. But in this instance he might just be the right kind of crazy SOB to give this franchise the kick of the proverbial pants that they so badly need.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DC: Pepper Johnson - currently with the NYJ as DL coach; has been around great to elite defenses; worked with Patricia for several years in NE; former pro bowl player; Patricia will likely be the mastermind on defense but Pepper is established enough to have input.

OC: Chad O'Shea - WR's coach for the Patriots since 2009; the work he's done with non-elite WR's is remarkable; familiar with the quick hitting offensive system that NE has run; played QB in college so understands the position.

QB's: you can keep Ragone for continuity but probably better or more experienced candidates in the open market. Brian Schottenheimer for example.

ST: Not Jeff Rodgers. Just poach someone with a good track record off one of the teams about to get blown up.

None of these assistants are attainable.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem with Manning as a coach is that he demands perfection. Many of his former teammates have said that he would be a much better GM. I would argue that he has the best mind in football, even better then belichick. I think he wold make a much better Gm.

This is the guy I want in the film room with Trubs, not Mr. butt fumble.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I found this interesting:

Exactly what I was saying. You can't bring in say a DL coach from another team and "promote" him to DC, as the NFL considers both positions to be assistants. You can't make up a title either. If you want to bring in an assistant from another team, still under contract, you have to make him HC, or get the other teams permission. This is what I asked the question that I did earlier.