#8 pick last 20 years...underwhelming

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Some really good names on that list what is the whining about? If pace could land a plaxico Burris no one here would be happy? Jordan gross anchored an oline for what a decade? Seems like any other pick there is a normal boom and bust rate

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Did you ever play a sport? If yes, did you ever play to lose? It’s important for the young foundation of the team to learn how to win in the NFL. These guys bust their asses and it is a brutal game. Nobody wants to lose. These guys could give a rat’s ass about draft slot.

Yes.
No. I never played for a team, which could get better by drafting players depending on record.

I understand they bust their ass, I think every athlete that cares about their teammates/team does that. All I've stated, which ruffled feathers was that a pointless win against cincy cost this team a top 5 pick. which correlates to a better player, who can help you win more games in the coming years. I don't feel one win changes anything in "learning how to win" or creating a "winning culture". One pointless December win against cincy changes none of that, imo.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
There will be pro-bowl talent waiting for the Bears at the No. 8 pick. There will be pro bowl players drafted by teams in the second round, third round and more. It's there. You just have to hope the Bears identify it.

Agreed.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right on schedule.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can't believe 1997 was 20 years ago

Mitchapalooza

For the fucking love of god. You play every game to win. Sack the fuck up. God damned cry babies. You might have even been the guy I heard on the radio talking about how if you're not first you're last and there are 31 losers every season so stop winning to get the best draft pick. Probably one of the most loser mentalities that exists in sports.
Shut up idiot, it's worked great for the Browns!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Now how important was that win over cincy? Cost the bears #5 overall and sitting right in the middle of all the top choices regardless of position. I still don't see how a win over cincy does anything longterm for this franchise (wins are important crowd) vs the potential talent they could get at #5.

We tried but the Browns were just too good at tanking and weren't willing to give up their perfect season to anyone.