HC Candidate Interview Schedule/Rumors

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Now that Foxy is officially out let the HC parade into Halas Hall begin. Put interviews and rumors with sources here to track.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Albert Breer - The Lions have asked for permission to interview Texans defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel for their newly vacant head coaching position.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport - Three candidates the #Colts are expected to interview: #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, #Chiefs OC Matt Nagy, #Chiefs ST coach Dave Toub. There will be others, of course.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
That is a very good list for the Colts. Let's see if those are the same names for the Bears. Bears should already have interviews lined up this week.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Schefter - Bengals' DC Paul Guenther, whose contract is now up, is an enviable position: he is expected to be a leading candidate to become Jon Gruden's DC in Oakland or could be HC candidate in Cincinnati depending on how the Marvin Lewis situations unfolds, per league source.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Pace needs to get on the ball. I am hoping that Bears front office was making calls yesterday after the game.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Albert Breer - The Lions have asked for permission to interview Texans defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel for their newly vacant head coaching position.

bears26 always reliable with the info.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good grief.

GMs begin working the process before Black Monday!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears were making calls long before yesterday.

phillips.png

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope they bring in someone at least established enough whereby they won't be used as an endless excuse. All we ever talk about is coaching when the biggest problem is the lack of talent on the field (both through poor front office moves and unbelievably high injury loss).

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
slow down guy's...Jim Harbaugh still has a bowl game to be played before we bring him in as HC!

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
"According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the Bears have New England's Josh McDaniels at the top of their list. He also lists Kansas City's Matt Nagy and Philadelphia's John DeFilippo as coaches the Bears are interested in."

I'm OK with this. I don't know how I feel about Josh McD. Probably know how to develop a WR but don't want him having final say on personnel (see Tebow).

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pat Shurmur is my guy. I like what he has done with every QB he has worked with in Minnesota. I like that he had HC experience in Cleveland and cant fault him for the lack of success with that franchise. Hell he actually won a few games there.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
"According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the Bears have New England's Josh McDaniels at the top of their list. He also lists Kansas City's Matt Nagy and Philadelphia's John DeFilippo as coaches the Bears are interested in."

I'm OK with this. I don't know how I feel about Josh McD. Probably know how to develop a WR but don't want him having final say on personnel (see Tebow).

Josh McDaniels, No thanks! He has never had success anywhere but New England, even failed in Miami after leaving Denver.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

If he comes here, he won’t have final say on personnel. He proved in Denver he couldn’t handle it and Pace isn’t going to hire his replacement. The Bears tried that model with Wanny and it was a disaster.