IGT - GOLDEN KNIGHTS (27-10-2) at BLACKHAWKS (19-14-6) 7:30 p.m.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since "someone" can't be bothered to continue their one game winning streak by making an IGT, I will fill in.

Golden Knights at Blackhawks preview

Subban looks to win seventh straight start for Vegas; Chicago seeks third win in four games

NHL.com @NHL 1:32 PM

cut.jpg

GOLDEN KNIGHTS (27-10-2) at BLACKHAWKS (19-14-6)
8:30 p.m. ET; SN1, NBCSCH, ATTSN-RM, NHL.TV

The Game

The Vegas Golden Knights will look to begin a new winning streak when they face the Chicago Blackhawks at United Center on Friday.

The Golden Knights lost 2-1 at the St. Louis Blues on Thursday to end their season-long eight-game winning streak. It was the first time Vegas was defeated in regulation since a 7-4 loss at the Winnipeg Jets on Dec. 1, and ended their 13-game point streak (12-0-1).
Golden Knights goaltender Malcolm Subban will try to win his seventh straight start; he's 6-0-0 with 14 goals allowed in his past six.
The Blackhawks look to win for the third time in four games (2-0-1 in their past three) following a three-game losing streak. Chicago is 7-3-1 in its past 11 games.

Players to watch

Golden Knights forward Jonathan Marchessault has 11 points (five goals, six assists) in his past eight games; his seven-game points streak ended Thursday.
Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane has 13 points (seven goals, six assists) in his past 10 games, with points in eight of those 10.

They said it

"The last five, six minutes, I thought we played hard, had some good chances. [Blues goaltender Carter Hutton] made some key saves at the end that preserved the win for them, but there was no quit in our team and that was good to see." -- Golden Knights coach Gerard Gallant on the loss to St. Louis on Thursday
"They play really well. I don't think that's surprised anyone; at the same time they've sustained it on the road, too. It'll be a good test for us tonight." -- Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane

Golden Knights projected lineup

Jonathan Marchessault -- William Karlsson -- Reilly Smith
David Perron -- Erik Haula -- James Neal
Brendan Leipsic -- Cody Eakin -- Alex Tuch
William Carrier -- Oscar Lindberg -- Tomas Nosek
Brayden McNabb -- Nate Schmidt
Shea Theodore -- Deryk Engelland
Luca Sbisa -- Colin Miller
Malcolm Subban
Marc-Andre Fleury
Scratched: Pierre-Edouard Bellemare, Brad Hunt, Ryan Carpenter
Injured: Oscar Dansk (lower body), Jon Merrill (undisclosed)

Blackhawks projected lineup

Brandon Saad -- Jonathan Toews -- Vinnie Hinostroza
Ryan Hartman -- Nick Schmaltz -- Patrick Kane
Patrick Sharp -- David Kampf -- Alex DeBrincat
Lance Bouma -- Tommy Wingels -- John Hayden
Duncan Keith -- Jordan Oesterle
Connor Murphy -- Brent Seabrook
Gustav Forsling -- Cody Franson
Jeff Glass
Anton Forsberg
Scratched: Richard Panik, Michal Kempny, Jan Rutta
Injured: Corey Crawford (upper body), Artem Anisimov (upper body)

Status report

Sbisa, who missed nine games with a lower-body injury, was activated from injured reserve Friday and is expected to play. ... Merrill was placed on injured reserve. ... Bellemare is expected to be a scratch for the second straight game after his wife gave birth on Thursday. Carrier was activated from injured reserve Thursday, and Lindberg moved to center on the fourth line in place of Bellemare. … Forsling was paired with Franson during the morning skate.
Stat pack

Toews has four points in his past two games (two goals, two assists) after having no points in his previous six games. … Perron has five points (two goals, three assists) in a five-game point streak.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jeez tator, nice work. Guess Bigfoot is gonzo

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeez tator, nice work. Guess Bigfoot is gonzo

iu

Don't sell yourself short, you're a tremendous slouch. :)

You have a great winning record, you'll be back. I see we can't count on Havoc.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like this IGT, but I h8 Tater.... I feel so conflicted...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hawks are hanging Glass out to dry....

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't want to be that guy, but my god what is Seabrookzival still doing on the ice. He plays like a human lost in the woods

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hawks are not playing defense..... just being dumb on both sides of the ice.

Why the fuck did Seabrook activate when it is a 4-4 tie game?

He is old and slow and should be playing like Rozival.... hold back and hope to god you can skate with the young guys if you have like 20 strides head start.

Then with old fuk Seabrookzival activated on offense and Murphy the only D man back he tries to pinch.... he tries a very risky pinch and gives up a breakaway on a very shaky goaltender.

This was the nail in the coffin, but the Hawks are playing like this all over the ice.... they play well for a few minutes, but the majority of the time they play like fucking idiots.... passes to no one.... pushing the puck up the boards into opposing players in their own zone..... walking the puck out of the opponents zone for no apparent reason.... taking horrible shots AND missing the net often killing offensive opportunity as it is getting started.... not skating hard to the puck.... not skating hard to touch up.... pushing the puck around the boards where you don't have any help....

They do not seem physically nor mentally consistent.... something needs to change.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Side note: Did anyone see the boob with the Smolek jersey during the pregame? Who the hell buys a Smolek jersey? Ares?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawks are not playing defense..... just being dumb on both sides of the ice.

Why the fuck did Seabrook activate when it is a 4-4 tie game?

He is old and slow and should be playing like Rozival.... hold back and hope to god you can skate with the young guys if you have like 20 strides head start.

Then with old fuk Seabrookzival activated on offense and Murphy the only D man back he tries to pinch.... he tries a very risky pinch and gives up a breakaway on a very shaky goaltender.

This was the nail in the coffin, but the Hawks are playing like this all over the ice.... they play well for a few minutes, but the majority of the time they play like fucking idiots.... passes to no one.... pushing the puck up the boards into opposing players in their own zone..... walking the puck out of the opponents zone for no apparent reason.... taking horrible shots AND missing the net often killing offensive opportunity as it is getting started.... not skating hard to the puck.... not skating hard to touch up.... pushing the puck around the boards where you don't have any help....

They do not seem physically nor mentally consistent.... something needs to change.

Yeah, pretty sad. Even when they win a game, it feels more like they escaped. What's killing them now are not the kids on D....it's the veterans, led by Keith, Murphy and Seabrook. Keith is still logging big minutes and it's neither warranted or deserved.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I'm 0-1, who is gonna step up?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seabrook is beyond a liability at this point.