Vic Fangio News

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Nagy will probably meet with Fangio sometime soon and see if they click.

There are plenty of other potential DC's out there to poach so it's not do or die on Fangio.

Should be an interesting situation to watch.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Seems like Vic has a lot of options out there yet

Colts
Cincy
Bears
Giants
GB
Lions

He might not get to be a HC, but the man will get Paid $$
Rumor is Cincy is hiring Austin. NYG and DET run 4-3.
So Bears,GB and Colts seem the most likely places.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like Vic has a lot of options out there yet

Colts
Cincy
Bears
Giants
GB
Lions

He might not get to be a HC, but the man will get Paid $$

But where will he go to get that HC gig you've been touting though.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumor is Cincy is hiring Austin. NYG and DET run 4-3.
So Bears,GB and Colts seem the most likely places.

Rumor was Cincy was hiring Austin, but now Oakland is making a big push to get him, reportedly offering him an "assistant HC position" as well as the DB coach position. All Oakland's assistants are getting 4 year deals, which is one year more than the league norm.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Fangio is a quality coach and it would be nice to have continuity, but he's not the only quality 3-4 option at DC.

There's also Mike Pettine and Chuck Pagano out there that we could go after if he decides not to stay.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Fangio is a quality coach and it would be nice to have continuity, but he's not the only quality 3-4 option at DC.

There's also Mike Pettine and Chuck Pagano out there that we could go after if he decides not to stay.

I don’t like those 2 at all. But there are other options for a 3-4 defense. Maybe roll the dice with someone new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I was touting that? I can remember one comment about the Cincy job, and my reasoning was if Marv Lewis was a lame duck coach, and Vic came in and worked wonders with the defense, he might get a chance at the HC gig in Cincy in a year or two. Not sure that qualifies as "touting". I think I was misunderstood.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Fangio would be e opportunity to immediately win at GB, but also GB is cheap and doesn't spend big. Even if they do dish out for Fangio, they don't pay for FA..going to be another few years of rebuild for him there..might as well continue what he started here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Fangio does leave do you think that's him saying he's not so confident in the defense we have in Chicago at all or just him wanting to go elsewhere?? I gotta think he likes what we have now but would want some kind of commitment from Pace that he's gonna keep the defense a priority and not let it take any kind of backseat to the offense now that we hired an offensive mind at HC. He might also wanna know what the deal is with K.Fuller since there was a rumor that they had a dinner sometime after Fangio called him out for not coming back to play last year and they supposedly were good with each other after that dinner.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fangio would be e opportunity to immediately win at GB, but also GB is cheap and doesn't spend big. Even if they do dish out for Fangio, they don't pay for FA..going to be another few years of rebuild for him there..might as well continue what he started here.

Maybe getting rid of T.Thompson will change the way they spend in free agency and maybe that was the reason they took him out of the GM job.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Allbright just said on the Twitter in a reply to a question about the odds of the bears keeping Fangio that they are very high

I will be extremely hyped.