Hawks vs Wild 1/10 7pm CT

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And I want to add.... Minnesota also played the night before.

They had no issue putting in effort for 60 minutes, which is why they won.

The Hawks have probably cost themselves 10-12 games this year simply because they didn't put in 60 minutes of effort.

Get up by 2 or more goals.... the effort slacks off.

Game is tied for more than 10 minutes.... the effort slacks off.

Randomly not feeling it.... the effort doesn't even show up for the 1st period and you get behind and play against the trap for the rest of the game.

Get on the PP.... the effort always slacks off.... always.

So is issue players or corch

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He knew when to pinch in. And let's be honest, that goal was more than anyone else did.

Dressing seabs was not the problem last night

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Not saying it was Seabs, it was the 7th defensemen. Everytime they try doing this shit they lose.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So is issue players or corch

In terms of effort, the issue is the players and specifically the top players on the Hawks.

Seabrook plays like shit and looks like he is dogging it half the time.... should we be surprised when others follow suit?

Toews plays like shit and looks like hes dogging it half the time.... should we be surprised when others follow suit?

If the top paid guys, the team captains, are all streaky with their play and effort.... it follows that the rest of the roster will as well.

Kane might be the only star who seems to give 100% at least a healthy amount of the time.... and you can't count on every player to follow Kane's lead.... especially when you slap the C on Toews and the A on Seabrook.

As for the coaches.... I think they are the problem when it comes to our PP and zone entries and dump/chase and zone exits being predictable and easy to defend when the team has an off night. They believe in their system and it certainly works when executed really well, but they need to put a few more tricks up their sleeve when the effort is lacking and execution is shit. If our passing goes to shit don't run the PP that needs like 8 perfectly timed/executed passes to score... and for fucks sake stop dump/chasing on the PP with like Hartman vs 3-4 defenders.... you have the man advantage, go get the puck.

Seabrook's benching was a late, but good move.... but I think he should have remained on the bench longer.

And I think Q should consider doing it to Toews and Keith at some point.... every single one of them needs a reality check.... they are failing too often and setting bad examples to their younger players.

I love those guys for what they did in our 3 Cup runs, I truly do... but Keith has begun to make mistakes he can't make and Toews has been declining for way too long.

And listen if it was just they got old or injured and couldn't do what they used to, I could back off.... but when I see a 28 year old Toews making 10.5M a year with a C on his chest and I don't feel like he is giving 100%.... he is not putting everything he has into his play.... that is unacceptable.

When I see Keith fail to keep pucks in at the blue line or get caught cheating up in the zone, I don't feel like he comes back at it em like he used to.... the vets on this team seem to have lost that drive to give their best.... the attitude often to me reads "Eh im sure ill get it next time".... that is the coach and team mates who should tell you "It's ok Dunc... it's ok Tazer you got it next time"... but the player himself should be raging "NO, IT FUCKING ISNT OK... AND IMA SHOW YOU IT ISNT OK".... I used to see that in these guys.... but that fire is gone.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Why not throw GM in there while we're at it... pretty drastic roster shifts... losts of youth. maybe too much?

We had the option to bring in one or two a year, but they always go the route of the betteran. Last year back with Campbell and Oduya instead of letting Gustaffson or Sved play. I really dont get the hate for big sved, when keith was out he was fine, then you watch Keith constantly try to clear pucks up the middle of the ice and give it away, but a kid does it and he gets sent back to rockford. So instead of having 6 new young guys this year, there could have been a few more with more experience.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not saying it was Seabs, it was the 7th defensemen. Everytime they try doing this shit they lose.
That I can agred with.

Next game go with 6 and let Keith fetch off Eddie O

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
In terms of effort, the issue is the players and specifically the top players on the Hawks.

Seabrook plays like shit and looks like he is dogging it half the time.... should we be surprised when others follow suit?

Toews plays like shit and looks like hes dogging it half the time.... should we be surprised when others follow suit?

If the top paid guys, the team captains, are all streaky with their play and effort.... it follows that the rest of the roster will as well.

Kane might be the only star who seems to give 100% at least a healthy amount of the time.... and you can't count on every player to follow Kane's lead.... especially when you slap the C on Toews and the A on Seabrook.

As for the coaches.... I think they are the problem when it comes to our PP and zone entries and dump/chase and zone exits being predictable and easy to defend when the team has an off night. They believe in their system and it certainly works when executed really well, but they need to put a few more tricks up their sleeve when the effort is lacking and execution is shit. If our passing goes to shit don't run the PP that needs like 8 perfectly timed/executed passes to score... and for fucks sake stop dump/chasing on the PP with like Hartman vs 3-4 defenders.... you have the man advantage, go get the puck.

Seabrook's benching was a late, but good move.... but I think he should have remained on the bench longer.

And I think Q should consider doing it to Toews and Keith at some point.... every single one of them needs a reality check.... they are failing too often and setting bad examples to their younger players.

I love those guys for what they did in our 3 Cup runs, I truly do... but Keith has begun to make mistakes he can't make and Toews has been declining for way too long.

And listen if it was just they got old or injured and couldn't do what they used to, I could back off.... but when I see a 28 year old Toews making 10.5M a year with a C on his chest and I don't feel like he is giving 100%.... he is not putting everything he has into his play.... that is unacceptable.

When I see Keith fail to keep pucks in at the blue line or get caught cheating up in the zone, I don't feel like he comes back at it em like he used to.... the vets on this team seem to have lost that drive to give their best.... the attitude often to me reads "Eh im sure ill get it next time".... that is the coach and team mates who should tell you "It's ok Dunc... it's ok Tazer you got it next time"... but the player himself should be raging "NO, IT FUCKING ISNT OK... AND IMA SHOW YOU IT ISNT OK".... I used to see that in these guys.... but that fire is gone.

Its not that you cant make a nice clearing pass thru the blue paint every once in a while, its when the other team is sure that is where the puck is going to be every time. Try clearing up the boards for a while and that middle pass will open up again. Keith was never really the same since he came back too quickly from that last knee injury. I think he returned 2-3 weeks earlier than expected the beginning of last season. Maybe its lingering, but these guys are convinced that even when they are playing at 70% they are better options than healthy kids. Thats when its time for a decorated coach to just scratch them or IR them.

We are now at the halfway point of the season and we might have hoped some of these troubles were allowed to heal to make a run later in the year. It just feels like they are going to linger all the way thru it.