Mirotic Trade and rest of deadline rumor thread

Hammer

Liked Posts:
So Bulls basically gave Mirotic, 2nd round pick, and additionally spent $11.5M to acquire Pelicans 1st round pick (top 5 protected).

Not sure how I feel about it (especially since NO will probably end up in Playoffs), a better deal may have come around if they waited till Trade deadline.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Just announced on ESPN, he's a Pelican. 2 guys the Bulls will cut, Asik and a conditional first round pick for Miro, a second and a swapped second.

Tony Allen is getting cut. Apparently they are keeping Jameer Nelson and instead cutting Pondexter.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
So Bulls basically gave Mirotic, 2nd round pick, and additionally spent $11.5M to acquire Pelicans 1st round pick (top 5 protected).

Not sure how I feel about it (especially since NO will probably end up in Playoffs), a better deal may have come around if they waited till Trade deadline.

The pick right now would be 17th. Cousins did a lot for that team and with Anthony Davis constantly getting injured, they very well could drop out. They're only 2 games ahead of 9th right now.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately that 9th team are Clippers who just traded away their best player (Griffin) :smug2:

But if Bulls draft a good SF prospect with their own pick (for example Porter or Doncic) and then a decent C prospect with Pelicans pick (Brandon McCoy or Mitchell Robinson), then this rebuild process would be on the right track.

And who knows, maybe Bulls get lucky again and get Top 2 pick in Lottery (which would then enable them to pick one of blue chip, can't miss prospects in C Ayton and PF Bagley).

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jeez another deal where we send out the best asset and still have to add picks to it?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I like it. Asik has an early termination next year at $11M if he stays which trades dollars with Niko. The two veteran G's are both expiring contracts for next year. With Niko having a team option for next year, the Bulls are basically getting something for him now. The Pel's 1st could turn into a nice pick for the Bulls. They could trade both 1st's to move up and get someone in the draft. It would nice if the Bulls got two top 10 picks.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
ETO is player option, which will Asik never do (and lose $11M in guaranteed money) since his NBA career is basically done.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Now, time to start fielding calls for Lopez and Holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Tony Allen is getting cut. Apparently they are keeping Jameer Nelson and instead cutting Pondexter.

Trying to find where/when he said it, but It's not far fetched.

Allen at one point said it was his dream to play with the Bulls. Being from Chicago and all.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
He also once had serious problems with a gang in Chicago over someone in his crew shooting another guy or something along those lines. When he played in Chicago they had to have extra security on hand.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This front office blows, but in all honesty, nobody chased after Niko when he was a free agent anyway, so there was not much interest and it was going to take a season ending injury to a playoff team to get him moved. Nelson is a nice guard, but a shoot first point guard is not what we need, but at least they did not take another 4 back.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This front office blows, but in all honesty, nobody chased after Niko when he was a free agent anyway, so there was not much interest and it was going to take a season ending injury to a playoff team to get him moved. Nelson is a nice guard, but a shoot first point guard is not what we need, but at least they did not take another 4 back.

Why does it matter what we need? We were not going to fill holes with the trade. They need to lose as many games as possible.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It's a good trade for the Bulls.

Bulls get worse in the meantime improving their own draft status.

Get a chance at another top 15 pick with the Pelicans likely to slide in the standings due to the loss of Cousins.

Bulls maintain cap flexibility. Asik is gone after next season with a 3 million buyout.

Someone else besides GarPax is running this team. There is no other explanation.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am oddly concerned that the Bulls continue to make trades that I think they come out ahead in.

Getting a 1st round pick for Nico, no matter what you have to throw in, is a pretty big win. Especially after a summer where he had little to no interest and then all the weirdness of this season.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
What's nice is this is the rare draft where you have a good shot at a star 1-6. The crazy thing is this draft is so loaded at the front that nobody is talking about a guy like Wendell Carter Jr who is having a great freshmen year and projects well.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think it's funny that Niko had 4 steals in his debut against Thib's TWolves.

Dude only tried hard when he feels like it. Then wonders why he bombs when everyone else elevates their game in say, the playoffs.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Niko has never been this consistent. Plus he has gotten stronger and developed a post game. I think the light has come on to stay.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I just want to hear more getting picks than swapping picks. Should have never had to give up 16 for Jimmy, just had both picks.