Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Mirotic can officially be traded now.

After the Portis fight, Niko requested a trade.

Teammates have been saying that he's been a really happy guy over the last month. Mirotic has said he's having the most fun in his career. So a mixed signal for sure. Maybe a trade wont happen?
Joe Cowley wrote a piece saying Mirotic still wants a trade around one week ago, but really, Joe Cowley may be the single worst Bulls writer for a major organization as far as accuracies and sourcing. However, KC Johnson has also said Mirotic still wants a trade. Both trib guys, so who knows.

Rumors thus far:
-Utah has put Derrick Favors in. Bulls might be interested if the Jazz adds a first round pick to the deal.
-Portland and Detroit have sent out feelers. Packages have not surfaced AFAIK.

If you come across any legit rumors, and not just talk from Johnny Blowhard on realGM or BR(unless they have actual sources), post them here.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only rumor I've seen that has anything behind it seems to be the Jazz deal with Favors. I think the stipulation that the Jazz include a 1st rounder is the only way the Bulls consider that one.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So do the bulls want picks or players or both? He is such a hard player to evaluate

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
So do the bulls want picks or players or both? He is such a hard player to evaluate

That's why I think we sell high now. He hasn't ever played this good in his career with the Bulls and I don't see his value being any higher.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He dropped off his play when the rumors started, now he is down minutes with Lavine back. Teams know he is on a one year deal, they know the bulls are locked on Lauri at that position, so there is absolutely no pressure to give up too much. I dont know how Favors fits on this club, with favors being a PF that can cover center. He would just be a center here and with the 32 million felicio only getting minutes on the G league team, you would think Lopez would be going too.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Not sure how solid, but saw it on CSNC that Detroit's feelers consisted of Jon Leuer and a first round pick.

Jerian Grant might also be on the block.

Speed

Liked Posts:
The way Niko is playing now, not interested in any of those returns. The odds of whatever we get in the 20s being a better player than Niko right now is pretty small. Odds are that player will be another Mcdermott, Snell, Valentine. Like I said in the other thread I'll hedge my bets that Niko can keep it up for a couple more months, to show teams that it isn't fake then maybe they'll get some better offers. Is he a part of the long term plan? Probably not. Should we trade him just to make a trade? I don't believe so.

If you can get a good pick for him(0% chancel) do it, otherwise I like what this young nucleus is building on. Keep improving and they should be able to get some free agents in 2 years.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He's getting shopped, not because he's a bad player, because Mirotic doesn't want to play here. Doesn't matter what any of us think, whether he's playing his best ball all of a sudden or if he looks like he's getting along with the team, he'll likely be traded by the deadline.

Also, 2018-19 is a team option, also has bird rights. That means any team interested in him will get the best deal via a trade with the Bulls.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's a tough call with the way he has been playing. Trade to a contender, you maybe get a late 1st rounder? I think I would trade Portis 1st at this point. The team seems to for the 1st time, some chemistry. What are they 14-8 the last 22? Don't know, it's tough...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll just say this....if they are gonna move him...better move him while the fire's still hot. He's never played this well before and probably won't ever again.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If we unload Mirotic, I would hope the Bulls can get a few chiclets for Kris Dunn in return :smug2:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Niko + Lopez + Payne + Pondexter + 2nd round pick for Boogie Cousins.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KC Johnson: This doesn’t guarantee completion, but both teams remain engaged in talks for Mirotic-Asik-1st rd pick-unnamed player. Asik’s deal only carries $3M guarantee for 2019-20 season. – via Twitter KCJHoop

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Niko isn't playing for the Bulls anymore.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just announced on ESPN, he's a Pelican. 2 guys the Bulls will cut, Asik and a conditional first round pick for Miro, a second and a swapped second.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The deal is not yet finalized, but here’s what it looks like in principle:

PELICANS GET
PF - NIKOLA MIROTIC
2018 2ND ROUND PICK