Craw

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is going on with da Crow. Hurt in rehab, drunk in an alley?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rehab is the rumor, I forgot what Q was saying though, upper body, lower body. They sure as hell would never let alcohol related go public.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've heard Snowmobile accident...but does it really matter as long as he's not pulling a Hull/Voynov?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They were talking about it on the score. Has to be something not hockey related

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
First time he went on IR, Rise Against was in town. Thats where he hurt his ankle on a stair last time. I do think he has issues so I would not doubt rehba. Maybe thats why they could never move him. The way he played this year, its shocking that he would want to change any part of his routine.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
My wife heard it was vertigo today too. Hmmm...

Just read that. My wife is having that now. They claim some debris becomes dislodged in the ear canal, you do an exercise where you turn your head 45 degrees to the affected side, lay down, turn your head to 45 degrees in the opposite direction, holding each for 15 seconds, then turn on the side. They cannot remove the debris, they have to get it lodged where your body will absorb it because its behind the ear drum.

This is also the effects Toews had from concussions.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I once had vertigo for like 3-4 days and went to see a doctor.... turned out it was something with water in my ear canal from the previous weekend when I was swimming in a lake in Michigan.

I forget if it was just water got somewhere odd or if it was an infection of some kind.

Anyways, point being alot of stuff can mess up your inner ear and give you vertigo... Crow needs to stop swimming in lakes.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I don't know how debris gets in there, but it does. You heard that saying, don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear right? Qtips go to the ear drum, which is a membrane, there is a natural lubricant behind that which ends up recoating the ear drum, but any tiny speck of anything gets back there and moves around its terrible. All the doctors can say is do this Epley maneuver and try to get it stuck somewhere. Nice answer right?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just curious why this would be "interesting" to Bernstein. I mean you could fit his entire book of hockey knowledge into a fucking thimble.

Maybe I'm reaching here but my guess is he cares more about the Hawks non forthcoming twist on releasing accurate info in a timely manner. Vertigo could easily be used to cover up something the Hox are keeping secret. With the drinking re-hab rumor floating around he's looking for some drama.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everything I've read about Chicago Sports Radio says Bernstein, especially when it comes to hockey, is about as reliable and knowledgeable as JJ or Ecklund.

As in, you'll get better facts reading The National Enquirer.

Sounds to me like he's just trying to do the radio equivalent of clickbait to get listeners.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ugh poor Crow. I hope his concussion was hockey related.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seems the only reason to cover up the concussion would be if it wasn't hockey related...yes?

Yeah, probably. Trouble is that not a whole lot of people care anymore. They've gone from front page news to a third page side bar. With the Cubs rebuilt and into their run and the Bears, Bulls and Sox well into their respective rebuilds.....the team that instigated the top to bottom franchise rebuild is now forced to do it again. That's a fact whether Crawford is healthy or not.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks concerned Corey may be out for the season.... Sun Times

Ten days ago, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville was asked straight up whether he expected goalie Corey Crawford, who has been out since Christmas with a mysterious ‘‘upper-body injury,’’ to return to the lineup this season.
‘‘Yes,’’ he said without hesitation.
But it’s not quite that certain. Three sources told the Sun-Times that Crawford is dealing with vertigo-like symptoms for the second time in his career. And there is a growing concern in the organization that Crawford might miss the rest of the season, as Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported Tuesday.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sucks for Crow. Hope he gets his health on track