Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
2017 NFL Draft prospect:

Quenton has been ranked in the top 5 on many draft big boards. However I doubt if a guard gets drafted that high, the position is just not valued enough. After seeing an OG ranked this high I had to take a look myself & I came away very impressed. Quenton is a combination of mauler & technician a rare breed. He also has very good size at 6’5” 330lbs. With the combination of Q. Nelson, C. Whitehair & J. Sitton or a healthy K. Long. The Bears rushing attack & interior passing pocket would be one of the leagues best. Barring injury I see Quenton Nelson as a sure fire, Pro Bowler, All Pro & possible HOFer. I would welcome him at the #8 draft slot.

Highlights

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3Um_aHdMk

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
2017 NFL Draft prospect:

Quenton has been ranked in the top 5 on many draft big boards. However I doubt if a guard gets drafted that high, the position is just not valued enough. After seeing an OG ranked this high I had to take a look myself & I came away very impressed. Quenton is a combination of mauler & technician a rare breed. He also has very good size at 6’5” 330Ibs. With the combination of Q. Nelson, C. Whitehair & J. Sitton or a healthy K. Long. The Bears rushing attack & interior passing pocket would be one of the leagues best. Barring injury I see Quenton Nelson as a sure fire, Pro Bowler, All Pro & possible HOFer. I would welcome him at the #8 draft slot.

Highlights

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3Um_aHdMk
Holy shit he clobbered that guy blitzing. He looks pretty good, I'd love to see him drafted. Pace should focus on building the best line in the NFL. With The hire, it looks like he believes that too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Great clip. Moves very well for a big man which is gives him everything you would want in a guard.

I would think if a premium pass rusher is on the board at #8 you can't pass that up, but I would rather have a pro-bowl guard than a shaky WR prospect considering the Bears history at the position.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You could probably make a decent case that he's actually the best player in the draft, no?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Havent seen a motor like his since Riley Reif

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long was a first round pick as well and I think he was a great pick. Do you guys think Quenton Nelson is better than Kyle Long?

Yes he is a much better prospect then Kyle Long was coming out of college and he had more experience then Long.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I think he's worth the #8 pick and I believe he fits the profile Pace likes, I could see us taking him.

There's a strong chance that barring injury, whoever takes him locks up a starting guard position for the next 10 years. There probably won't be a safer pick in the whole draft, so I'd be really happy with us getting Nelson.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
He struggles with reach blocks and doesn't appear to excel on the move. I'm not sure he's a good fit in a scheme that calls for a lot of stretch runs, zone movement, pulling, and screens, and from my understanding of the KC offense those are all concepts Nagy employs in order to stretch defenses horizontally.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He struggles with reach blocks and doesn't appear to excel on the move. I'm not sure he's a good fit in a scheme that calls for a lot of stretch runs, zone movement, pulling, and screens, and from my understanding of the KC offense those are all concepts Nagy employs in order to stretch defenses horizontally.

Exactly! If the Bears are going to replace Sitton, it will be with a quick footed guard.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Total nonsense. His pursuit and ability to engage, lock and drive at the second level is off the charts. ND runs a ton of sweeps and the video shows he is an expert in this area. THis guy is the real deal and possible the best OG prospect in 10 years

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Total nonsense. His pursuit and ability to engage, lock and drive at the second level is off the charts. ND runs a ton of sweeps and the video shows he is an expert in this area. THis guy is the real deal and possible the best OG prospect in 10 years

Nelson does not move nearly as well as Scherff or Martin. While he does move well for his size, he’s more of a power/mauler.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Cooper and Warmack were also the best guard prospects in 10 years which is why they were drafted #7 and #10 respectively.

"Cooper was widely considered one of the top guard prospects in the 2013 NFL draft, along with Chance Warmack. After the NFL Combine, Sports Illustrated projected him as the No. 10 overall selection. North Carolina had not seen one of their offensive lineman taken in the first round since tackle Harris Barton was selected in the first round with the 22nd overall pick by the San Francisco 49ers in 1987. Cooper was selected seventh overall by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2013 NFL draft. He was the highest selected offensive guard since Jim Dombrowski in 1986 NFL draft."

"Warmack was considered the best interior linemen available in the 2013 NFL Draft. ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay considered Warmack the best guard prospect he’s seen since Steve Hutchinson, who went 17th overall to the Seattle Seahawks in the 2001 NFL Draft. NFL Network analyst and NBC commentator Mike Mayock considered him the best football player in the draft."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Cooper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chance_Warmack

Liked Posts:
Definitely the no brainer pick if he's available! Long, Whitehair and Nelson make a scary good line. Nelson ,Chubb or Fitzpatrick would be ideal at number 8.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Guy finishes his blocks well. Clearly over powers most of his opponents...I know most hate a guard at 8 but is there anything better in terms of needs for the Bears? Key took a step back this year as we all know and I don't see a WR worth the 8 pick...So yes on Nelson? I'd take him at 8, but I'm not a coach.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd be open to having our new o-line coach get with K.Long and seeing if Long can play RT and replacing Massie with Long if he can. I know we tried K.Long at RT a couple of years ago and he wasn't great there (even though he made the pro bowl that year at RT) but the way he was put there with pretty much not giving Long any warning it was gonna happen had to be tough for him and of course without any time there he wasn't gonna be great from the get go. Maybe with a full offseason and training camp knowing he's gonna play RT will help him.

LT--C.Leno
LG--J.Sitton
C--C.Whitehair
RG--Q.Nelson
RT--K.Long

what would you guys think about playing K.Long at RT? Maybe keep B.Massie instead of cutting him or sign another decent player that can play RT. If he can play and can stay healthy that would be a really good o-line.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

lol