How good is our new coaching staff.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I got 2 questions for you.

How good do you expect this staff to be?

Is this staff better or worse then you expected?

Me. 1. Really good, like top 5 staff.
2. Better then I expected. Better then I dreamed.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

My hope is they are Super Bowl good.

Much better then I expected. Retaining Vic was all I wanted and then they added Helfrich which I think is an awesome and unique hire that came out of left field. I fear that if the Bears offense takes a huge step with Nagy that we could lose Helfrich in a couple years to a HC gig.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
On paper...im pumped, but we won't know till mid way though the season

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Process was 100% better than I expected considering previous bad searches/consultants etc. I like the direction and choices at this point, but time will tell. The Vic hire was huge for a first time HC.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Assuming naggy won’t meddle with the defense it should hold up if not bet better adding talent

Special teams and offense is a different story we just won’t know until we see what pace puts together on paper and go through some of next season to see what naggy is all about.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
On paper a very good staff. TBD on how they will be but I'm sure everyone on here is expecting a Super Bowl appearance soon. I like the approach this year, very differently run. The staff is pretty much wrapped up (main coordinators) and other teams are still waiting to hire their coach. Bears were able to select from some of the top coordinators that were out there before other teams even finished with their head coaching search. Very unlike the Bears. The comments from fans are very positive across social media. That is the first time I have seen that. Strong start, now lets see if they can get this team in the playoffs next year.

Foreign Banana

Liked Posts:
Many of the peoples that lead the Bears of Chicago now very young. Peoples make many mistakes when they very young.

The Coach of Heads can be very smart man, but he still make many mistakes in beginnings. He can use mistakes as lessons of the learnings. Right of the moment he is not good at all.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Many of the peoples that lead the Bears of Chicago now very young. Peoples make many mistakes when they very young.

The Coach of Heads can be very smart man, but he still make many mistakes in beginnings. He can use mistakes as lessons of the learnings. Right of the moment he is not good at all.

Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar

Foreign Banana

Liked Posts:
Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar

I cannot play any instruments of the musical. The brother of my father very famous in place I was born. He tour all sides of country playing a bicycle as instrument of the musical. Many of the peoples laugh in beginnings. Many of the beautiful music drown the laughter. Many of the peoples sad at his death. That is Circle of the Life!

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Naggy is unproven, but I like him so far. He seems like a low floor high ceiling guy. I was not expecting fangio back, so that's a big plus. I'm lukewarm on OC and ST. Hiestand is good, but I'm not going to go too crazy over an oline coach. Overall, it's generally positive and better than I expected, but I'm not overwhelmed with greatness.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
On paper a very good staff. TBD on how they will be but I'm sure everyone on here is expecting a Super Bowl appearance soon. I like the approach this year, very differently run. The staff is pretty much wrapped up (main coordinators) and other teams are still waiting to hire their coach. Bears were able to select from some of the top coordinators that were out there before other teams even finished with their head coaching search. Very unlike the Bears. The comments from fans are very positive across social media. That is the first time I have seen that. Strong start, now lets see if they can get this team in the playoffs next year.

to be brutally honest, the playoffs next year is not a likely scenario. The Bears have too many things going against them. They have inexperience at HC, QB, and WR. Pace would have to have a draft like the 1983 draft and hit on most of his FA's and I don't think he is smart enough to pull that off. Even if he does, He will probably have to face healthy aaron rodgers twice, and a very salty D in Minnesota, who could have case keenum back. We might get out of the cellar in the NFC north, but I doubt we get much farther than that. I am not trying to piss in anybody's Cheerios, I am just trying to be realistic. too many things have break just right for the Bears to have the chance at a playoff spot. Now I am not saying that it can't happen, I just believe the odds are stacked against the Bears. other teams have been able to make the worst to first transition, and I hope the Bears can do that. I just have lot of trouble putting faith in a GM who has made as many mistakes as he has. I agree that he might have made some great hires for next year and beyond in the coaching staff, but can he over come the talent gap that the Bears are facing by next season? I doubt it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

My hope is they are Super Bowl good.

Much better then I expected. Retaining Vic was all I wanted and then they added Helfrich which I think is an awesome and unique hire that came out of left field. I fear that if the Bears offense takes a huge step with Nagy that we could lose Helfrich in a couple years to a HC gig.
I agree but that is why they needed an offensive oriented HC. It will be Nagy's offense with Helfrich sprinkled in. Which then will become Nagy's offense for the next guy. No other position benefits from continuity like QB.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I cannot play any instruments of the musical. The brother of my father very famous in place I was born. He tour all sides of country playing a bicycle as instrument of the musical. Many of the peoples laugh in beginnings. Many of the beautiful music drown the laughter. Many of the peoples sad at his death. That is Circle of the Life!
Or as my pipples say, the wheels on the bicycle go round and round, round and round, round and round.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love what they have done start to finish on this one.....

I personally think its gona work.... I really, but if it doesn't, wont hear any second guessing coming from me.

Pace gets an A+ so far in 2018...hopefully he can improve his track record in FA now.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Great read. Much better than the bland Taco stories of the pants of the omelet

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Let's just say I'm optimistic. At this point I'm excited for the first game of next season. It's a gut feeling. I really liked the Nagy hire and he seems to be quickly filling spots, faster than other teams, with guys he likes and with good reputations throughout the league. Having worked under Andy Reid for a number of years I'm sure he's learned some valuable lessons. I'm also sure he's not done learning and while he may have some stumbles I think the arrow is pointing up for this team. I also give Fox some credit for turning the culture around. Nagy has a much better starting point than Fox did when he came in.

At least I can say I'm excited for next season. Haven't been able to say that for a while.