IGT - Islanders @ Hocks

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[h=1]Game Preview: Islanders vs Blackhawks[/h] [h=2]The Islanders meet the Blackhawks for the first time.[/h] by Dan Hanson NYIslanders / New York Islanders 6:22 AM

cut.jpg

NEW YORK ISLANDERS (23-20-4) AT CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS (22-17-6)
8:30 PM - UNITED CENTER
TV: MSG+, MSG GO
RADIO: 88.7FM, 660AM, 101.9FM

Following a 5-2 loss Thursday against the Boston Bruins, the New York Islanders will face the rested Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center on Saturday. Chicago is coming off their bye week and hasn't played since being shut out by Detroit 4-0 on Sunday.
The Islanders have dropped their last two games and are currently three points out of the Eastern Conference Wild Card, and are tied with the Philadelphia Flyers at 50 points, who have two games in hand on New York.

[h=5]LINEUP NOTES:[/h]Casey Cizikas was placed on injured reserve (retroactive to January 13). Shortly after, Ross Johnston was recalled from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
Despite being placed on IR, Cizikas did skate with the team at practice on Friday. Johnny Boychuk was also on the ice for the Islanders at practice. Both players will accompany the team on the upcoming road trip, but Doug Weight doesn't believe that they will suit up for the matchup in Chicago.
Shane Prince was not present for the team's practice and did not make the trip out west.
[h=5]SEASON SERIES:[/h]The Islanders and Blackhawks have not yet met this season. The Blacks swept the Islanders last season, winning 2-1 in a shootout at the United Center on March 3, 2017 and edging the Isles 5-4 in Brooklyn on December 15, 2016.
[h=5]BY THE NUMBERS:[/h]9 - points for Mat Barzal in the past four games. Barzal leads the NHL in points scored since January 9 and leads all rookies with 48 points this season.
55 - points for John Tavares. John Tavares leads the Islanders with 55 points in 47 games played this season. He is third in the NHL behind Tampa Bay's Nikita Kucherov and Colorado's Nathan MacKinnon.
Power Play: Islanders: 19.7% - 12th, Blackhawks: 15.5% - 26th
Penalty Kill: Islanders: 73.3% - 30th, Blackhawks: 83.2% - 7th

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;FSD5GiHDTA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSD5GiHDTA4[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh look, Hawks getting their asses kicked again.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I retire from making IGT's, no luck at all when I make them. We need Dmelt back. And Crawford.

Great first three minutes, but his team just doesn't seem to give a shit anymore.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I forgot aboot the game, looks like I didn't miss anything. Need a change of leadership, and I would like to see Kane get the A or C.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I retire from making IGT's, no luck at all when I make them. We need Dmelt back. And Crawford.

Great first three minutes, but his team just doesn't seem to give a shit anymore.

This

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I forgot aboot the game, looks like I didn't miss anything. Need a change of leadership, and I would like to see Kane get the A or C.

They benched seabrook, the team won, Kane got the A, had 5 points. Next game, Seabrook back with the A. This team needs to get past what these guys have done to be able to see what they are doing now. You have young D men getting sent back to Rockford for doing the same thing Keith and Seabrook are doing. Poor Clendening.
Kane was the only guy doing anything on the ice. Anisimov will return and slow him back down. Maybe AA needs to be on that line with Toews and Saad. What a mess.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And now they play the Lightning... :smh:

Forsling got sent down too.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like Forsling surprised he got sent down. Might as well let him stay with the big club, and learn from his mistakes.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I like Forsling surprised he got sent down. Might as well let him stay with the big club, and learn from his mistakes.

That's the whole thing, Keith and Seabrook keep making the same mistakes. I actually thought Rutta had a worse game, he was on the ice with a different partner for at least 3 of the goals.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...all you can do is laugh.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Good news! Hawks scored 3 goals!

and gave up 7... get well crow.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The sad part is we are tied to these anchor of contracts. No way in hell anyone takes on the Seabrookzival contract unless D-Cat or Schmaltz go back, and I don't want to lose them like we did Teuvo.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Most talk is the cap going up and there's not a tight Gap for the future as there was this past couple years, at least if they can trade Hossas hit and he is ltir for good and that's only cost teams a few 1st round pick swap spots or 2nd rounder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You gotta deal with cap inflation if the cap goes up.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I miss the Hoss, I wish they would update us.