Your worst jersey purchase

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Old outdated jerseys are part of the fun. Shows that that fan has been in it for the long haul.

My son had a Grossman jersey without the name, then stuck a "1" in front of the 8 as a gag when Kyle Orton became the starter. That was pretty funny.

Other than that, all I've got out of the Bears is an Urlacher jersey and a Ditka jersey. Both as gifts. Never been a big jersey guy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says the anime fan???? Jag bag.
Edit: comics books....so much better. My bad.

tenor.gif

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Old outdated jerseys are part of the fun. Shows that that fan has been in it for the long haul.

My son had a Grossman jersey without the name, then stuck a "1" in front of the 8 as a gag when Kyle Orton became the starter. That was pretty funny.

Other than that, all I've got out of the Bears is an Urlacher jersey and a Ditka jersey. Both as gifts. Never been a big jersey guy.

I've been toying with the idea of throwback styles with great ones lining the wall of my mancave. There are far cheaper ways to decorate but I can't think of any cooler ways at the moment.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Playing dress-up is when you put on someone else's jersey and pretend to be a professional athlete. There's no reason for a man to plaster another man's name across his body. Children play dress-up for halloween.

Hope this helps.

I don't know of any who pretend to be anyone else even when wearing it and I know many who do not wear them at all but use them as decor or keepsake souvenirs. Generalization fallacies coupled with projecting misunderstanding is a poor way to interact with others here but that's jmo.

Hope this helps, (but honestly it doesn't matter that much to me if it helped or not).

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Now I am almost curious if anyone here (or anywhere) actually wears jerseys and PRETENDS to be that player.

Even when playing Madden, I would think it's kind of funny as hell lol. I mean I could not nor would not do it.

But I would not give the first fuck and hope that person is super happy doing it. lol

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Now I am almost curious if anyone here (or anywhere) actually wears jerseys and PRETENDS to be that player.

Even when playing Madden, I would think it's kind of funny as hell lol. I mean I could not nor would not do it.

But I would not give the first fuck and hope that person is super happy doing it. lol

They're doing it on a subconscious level by parading around with another man's name across their back. Be your own man.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
My thoughts on this topic always seem to trigger the insecure. It never fails.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Someone, check on the people with "Derrick Rose" jerseys. Make sure they're still alive.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
If you want a can't miss, buy a throwback (Butkus, Ditka, Singletary, Payton, Urlacher, etc.) jersey.
Btw. I'd say wearing a jersey with some all-time great name on it is a great way to celebrate team's history when going to games.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They're doing it on a subconscious level by parading around with another man's name across their back. Be your own man.

So if I am wearing a Metallica T-shirt does that mean on a subconscious level I am pretending that I am a band member? Or if I am wearing a Bears polo shirt that I am pretending to be John Fox?

You know what I think? I think that you realize a quality Jersey cost over $100 and you can not justify spending that much on a novelty shirt, so you subconsciously convince yourself that they are only worn be weak minded fools who play dress up or pretend that they are the actual player that are wearing.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you want a can't miss, buy a throwback (Butkus, Ditka, Singletary, Payton, Urlacher, etc.) jersey.
Btw. I'd say wearing a jersey with some all-time great name on it is a great way to celebrate team's history when going to games.

I figured out why they call those jerseys throwbacks. You read the price tag and throw that shit back.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
I bought three jerseys on the same day, Peppers/Marshall/Forte. Needless to say, I only still wear one of them.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
So if I am wearing a Metallica T-shirt does that mean on a subconscious level I am pretending that I am a band member? Or if I am wearing a Bears polo shirt that I am pretending to be John Fox?

You know what I think? I think that you realize a quality Jersey cost over $100 and you can not justify spending that much on a novelty shirt, so you subconsciously convince yourself that they are only worn be weak minded fools who play dress up or pretend that they are the actual player that are wearing.

Does the back of the shirt say "Hetfield"?

I have no kids or debt so disposable income isn't a concern. I've already stated my reasoning.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kevin White.

Got it signed and a photo with him at training camp rookie year.....

all down hill from there.....

He was spose to be our Julio.....:nelson:

The first thing I thought of when I read the thread title "I hope some poor soul didn't buy a Kevin White jersey"

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Where to begin... my family calls me the jersey jinx because as soon as I get a jersey the player either promptly sucks, gets injured or traded.

I have a jersey graveyard of salam, Conway, Harbaugh for the bears and colts (I live in Indiana and my uncle thought everybody had to be a colts fan) Enis, Cade mcNiwn, Anthony Thomas ( still one of my favorites, passed that one down to my son) David Terrell, urlacher, Hester, grossman, and forte. I have lists just as long of whitesox and Notre Dane jerseys. For some reason my family always gives jerseys as Christmas presents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DC