Why not welcoming Sosa back is bullshit

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You guys remember when Sosa hit #63 in a standing room sell out at San Diego. That’s probably the loudest and fullest that stadium has ever bean, and it was for the visitor. Sammy Sosa should have legend status, what a shame.

[video=youtube_share;GaYTHrAXol0]https://youtu.be/GaYTHrAXol0[/video]

He should have status somewhat equivalent to a pro wrestler. And I wouldn’t consider that lofty.

Status equal to that of Milli-Vanilli.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You guys can hate on Sosa (and McGwire) all you want. Fact is, it's hypocritical. They brought the fans back. Baseball was seriously on the brink because of the strike. They had no problem looking the other way. You had no problem looking away. Now everyone acts appalled at the players' actions.

It is far from hypocritical to enjoy their exploits, then feel scammed when you learn it was all fake. Sticking with a cheater just because he is on your team, while criticizing other cheaters is hypocritical. That is what ticked me off in St Louis. They defended McGwire while calling Bonds’ record-breaking season illegitimate. That is hypocritical.

smknivy420

Liked Posts:
Sammy is the only one who has looked like an imbecile. Quit focusing only on the steroids. Corked bat, sudden losing the ability to speak English, walking out on the team and fans and basically not owning up to his mistakes. Sammy thought he was bigger than the Cubs and basically bigger than the game, he found out that was not the case and now he wants back in.

"Quit focusing only on steroids"

Ummm hello, what part of "I think Ricketts and co. are the ones who truly need to come clean as to the "REASONS" they don't wanna welcome back Sammy didn't you get from my post?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yet they hire Manny "look at me, Manny being Manny" Ramirez who was busted twice and suspended twice for Steroids, once for 50 games and once for 100 games to be their minor league hitting coach.

I think Ricketts and co. are the ones who truly "need to come clean" as to the reasons they don't wanna welcome back Sammy instead of looking like imbeciles when they have a guy like Manny in the organization.

Please read post #6 for your answer! Walked out on his team and fans! Then denied it, till he got caught on camera.Would not surprise me if many former Cubs prefer he not be around.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please read post #6 for your answer! Walked out on his team and fans! Then denied it, till he got caught on camera.Would not surprise me if many former Cubs prefer he not be around.

But that is not the reason Ricketts gave for why Sosa isn’t welcomed back. It specifically had to do with his steroid use, and I think it’s a ridiculous demand made by Ricketts.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It is far from hypocritical to enjoy their exploits, then feel scammed when you learn it was all fake. Sticking with a cheater just because he is on your team, while criticizing other cheaters is hypocritical. That is what ticked me off in St Louis. They defended McGwire while calling Bonds’ record-breaking season illegitimate. That is hypocritical.

Except, I never did that. I said in my first post that I don't give two shits about steroid use. It's not like steroids suddenly made these guys great. To me, that era had a level playing field because it was so rampant. They didn't really gain an edge. Once it all started to come out, I stopped being appalled and took it for what it was, pure entertainment.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Except, I never did that. I said in my first post that I don't give two shits about steroid use. It's not like steroids suddenly made these guys great. To me, that era had a level playing field because it was so rampant. They didn't really gain an edge. Once it all started to come out, I stopped being appalled and took it for what it was, pure entertainment.

I never accused YOU of being hypocritical. I responded that YOUR accusation of everyone else being hypocritical is not accurate.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Nope, it would be in Major League Baseball. He is absolutely a HOFer. No way anything he might have took accounts for everything he was.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, it would be in Major League Baseball. He is absolutely a HOFer. No way anything he might have took accounts for everything he was.

tenor.gif

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Not everything but made him more than he was. If it didn’t then he would have gone natural.

Leave roids for the gym rats and aids survivors. But in a world where you get paid to perform and your contract says that it is banned then those players should be held accountable for their actions.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not everything but made him more than he was. If it didn’t then he would have gone natural.

Leave roids for the gym rats and aids survivors. But in a world where you get paid to perform and your contract says that it is banned then those players should be held accountable for their actions.

But his contract did not say that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If Aaron and Ruth were juicing then this would be moot.

When you have a long standing plateau of great players like Willams and others that looked up to Babe and never shattered his records. Maris had the greatest season and finally broke it. Then Aaron’s longevity finally broke the last barrier it meant something.

But a bunch of junkies that made those achievements look like a joke? Breaking records became common in that phase. It was amost like we were expecting the next record to fall with these pumped up Adonis’s launching 700 foot bombs. It made the sport a joke.

I get it if you don’t care but you are the minority.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If Aaron and Ruth were juicing then this would be moot.

When you have a long standing plateau of great players like Willams and others that looked up to Babe and never shattered his records. Maris had the greatest season and finally broke it. Then Aaron’s longevity finally broke the last barrier it meant something.

But a bunch of junkies that made those achievements look like a joke? Breaking records became common in that phase. It was amost like we were expecting the next record to fall with these pumped up Adonis’s launching 700 foot bombs. It made the sport a joke.

I get it if you don’t care but you are the minority.

I get it if you want to embellish to make it look like you are right. Most would say you are wrong for doing so.

Greenies have been around since what the 50's?
It was in every clubhouse out for anyone.

You are saying that today's training has nothing to do with records being reached? That's a hard pill to swallow.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I get it if you want to embellish to make it look like you are right. Most would say you are wrong for doing so.

Greenies have been around since what the 50's?
It was in every clubhouse out for anyone.

You are saying that today's training has nothing to do with records being reached? That's a hard pill to swallow.

Greenies never broke 61

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Greenies never broke 61

You ever try Adderall? It gives you this inhuman euphoria and incredible energy. I could run a marathon and a half. Plus, it gives you this super human hyper focus. I’m sure that doesn’t hurt when you’re trying to hit a 90 mph fastball.

Fatigue makes cowards of us all — Vince Lombardi

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Greenies allowed the guys to show up day after day

Again. No one broke 61 on the greenies era. I could see Rose popping them with style of play but it didn’t make him a HR hitter. Even Foster barely broke 50 in that era. Then Mike Schmidt. Another prolific HR hitter from that era. Some say best 3B all time. Never broke 60.

So honestly it is beyond taking some pills to help with getting out there or like the other said on adderal that has shown improved energy. I use 5 hr energy myself and it gets me to work another day.

But it is not going to make you physically stronger like roids has. Which directly ties into power.

Don’t get me wrong it is not going to make a non player into a player but Bonds doesn’t sniff either record clean. And that is what it about.