Yelich to the Brewers

Iceman2385

Liked Posts:
I looked at it this way..
Yelich is an upgrade over Broxton in CF but Cain at 32 will become a decline over Santana 26 in RF, plus Braun production in LF will start to decline and he immovable with his contract..

So, i dont see their additions that great as far as people saying their ahead of or a threat to cubs now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

As the cubs stand right now, I think there a threat to us. Currently, r SP pitching lacks depth and has question marks in Lester, Monty, and Chatwood. R bullpen looks solid, but not super elite. R offense should be very good, but as it stands right now still lacks that “grinding” approach up down the lineup like we had early on in 2016. Playing JHey, Baez, and Almora everyday will do that to a lineup tho. I still want the cubs to trade for a SP w Baez as the centerpiece, I see decline coming from him...250/295 wouldn’t shock me at all.

Ultimately, I think we’re better then Brewers right now, and will widen the gap if/when we sign or trade for a SP, but i also don’t think we should dismiss the Brewers or the cardinals. If we don’t sign a SP, and Lester or Chatwood rnt very good we could miss the playoffs. We’re not worlds apart like we were last year IMO.

I’m not trying to be doom n gloom, bc that isn’t the case I still think we’re a very good team and will be better if we in fact sign/trade a pitcher. I’d be very happy if we signed DArvish. If he can be had anywhere btwn 4/100-5/125 id be estatic! If 6 years is actually required for him i think I’d prefer a trade like Baez for Manaea tho.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I suppose that's a way to look at it but Yelich isn't playing CF for them. Cain is. Cain was +5 DRS last year. Yelich was -6. Cain was 2.4 UZR/150. Yelich was -0.7. I suppose you could argue Cain has the better arm for RF because Yelich's is particularly weak but still think Cain's their CF.
I heard Yelich dont have much of an arm for RF...

Either way, i dont see it as much of an upgrade losing Santana and gaining Cain...they probably would of been better off keeping Santana in RF and Yelich in CF

chibears55

Liked Posts:
As the cubs stand right now, I think there a threat to us. Currently, r SP pitching lacks depth and has question marks in Lester, Monty, and Chatwood. R bullpen looks solid, but not super elite. R offense should be very good, but as it stands right now still lacks that “grinding” approach up down the lineup like we had early on in 2016. Playing JHey, Baez, and Almora everyday will do that to a lineup tho. I still want the cubs to trade for a SP w Baez as the centerpiece, I see decline coming from him...250/295 wouldn’t shock me at all.

Ultimately, I think we’re better then Brewers right now, and will widen the gap if/when we sign or trade for a SP, but i also don’t think we should dismiss the Brewers or the cardinals. If we don’t sign a SP, and Lester or Chatwood rnt very good we could miss the playoffs. We’re not worlds apart like we were last year IMO.

I’m not trying to be doom n gloom, bc that isn’t the case I still think we’re a very good team and will be better if we in fact sign/trade a pitcher. I’d be very happy if we signed DArvish. If he can be had anywhere btwn 4/100-5/125 id be estatic! If 6 years is actually required for him i think I’d prefer a trade like Baez for Manaea tho.
Cubs do need to add Darvish, having to go with Chatwood and Montgonery at the bottom wont be good...
Brewers rotation good but they too need another guy at the top.

Cubs bullpen could go either way, Wilson and Edwards will be the main keys to it, id prefer Morrow as setup but looking like he the closer unless they work something out with Holland.. Morrow as Closer will be something to watch

Brewers have Knebel and Haber for their pen and the rest are nothing exciting...

Cubs have a lot of potential offensively, young bats that can go either way... they need Schwarber to right himself and Bryant and Rizzo to carry them all year.

Brewers with addition of Cain and Yelich look to be turning to speed and OBP at top with Braun Shaw and Thames providing the power and RBIs..

Both teams could be very productive offensively, it going to come down to who has the better pitching both in rotation and pen..

Why it would be a big sign for the cubs to add Darvish..
That would strengthen the rotation and keeping Montgomery in pen would just make the bullpen better..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I suppose that's a way to look at it but Yelich isn't playing CF for them. Cain is. Cain was +5 DRS last year. Yelich was -6. Cain was 2.4 UZR/150. Yelich was -0.7. I suppose you could argue Cain has the better arm for RF because Yelich's is particularly weak but still think Cain's their CF.

Actually... think Braun could end up in RF looking at the numbers. Of the 3 his uzr rating on his arm was the best at -0.3. Cain was -3.5. Yelich was -8.0.

Sounds like the odd man out is Brox and his 37% k rate. Santana they want to keep and then use Braun at 1B some. Braun doesn’t want to go back to 3B at all.

I honestly believe that they will figure it out and bring back a lefty.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The Brewers and Diamondbacks had “extensive talks” about left-hander Patrick Corbin at some point in the offseason. Corbin has been mentioned as a possible trade chip due to his price tag ($7.5MM in 2018, his final year under contract) and Arizona’s increased amount of rotation depth. Milwaukee, meanwhile, has a clear need for rotation help, so it makes sense that the Brew Crew checked in on Corbin amidst their numerous other talks about notable arms on the free agent and trade fronts — as Heyman put it, “they have investigated every pitching possibility out there.” This is just my speculation, but the Brewers’ surplus of young center fielders (Keon Broxton and Brett Phillips) could be intriguing to the D’Backs since A.J. Pollock is only a year away from free agency. The Yankees are known to be one of the many teams who have also discussed Corbin thi

Iceman2385

Liked Posts:
Corbin seems like a smart move for the Brewers. And yea I agree DArvish would be huge for us, and then it allows Monty to be SP depth and/or bullpen help which is also important.