Yelich to the Brewers

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/956666797931094018

Cubs better get busy...

Brewers get themselves a SP like Arrieta or Darvish, game on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think all they need is Cobb. Hader is going to be a good one and I'm guessing he breaks camp in the rotation. To your point though if they get DArvish and the Cubs get Cobb, I'm picking Milwaukee in the Division.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
The fact that Milwaukee didn't give up any of their more valuable pitching argues against them being able to acquire one of the top-end FA pitchers, I would think. They weren't willing to trade much pitching for Yelich, meaning they think they need every drop they already have.

That's said, I'd say if they get Arrieta/Darvish and we get the one they don't, I would still pick the Cubs for the division. Arrieta or Darvish to them and Cobb to us, I see as making it very close -- pick 'em.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Braun is unmovable. But that makes Broxton, Santana and Phillips next up as bait. Wow they are forcing the issue. I thought it would be the Cards making the dagger attacks.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who was that saying the Cubs are in a soft division? Still, names don't mean a thing until those names produce.....

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Watch they trade for Archer now...
[emoji24]

Not sure what left for CF out there, so does this officially mean Almora getting his shot as starter

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Watch they trade for Archer now...
[emoji24]

Not sure what left for CF out there, so does this officially mean Almora getting his shot as starter

I’m not sure about Archer honestly. A better fit would be going after Duffy or Manaea depending on which team would want a OF based return.

That team lacks a quality lefty.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure about Archer honestly. A better fit would be going after Duffy or Manaea depending on which team would want a OF based return.

That team lacks a quality lefty.
Was being a bit sarcastic with that.. couldnt find my green crayon [emoji854]

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
People will probably disagree with me but I think they overpaid for Yelich. Diaz isn't amazing but he's got a really good bat probably suited for 2B more so than SS. And let's not undersell him. He posted a 169 wRC+ in rookie ball in 2015 and a 143 wRC+ in A ball last year. He fell off a little in A+ this year at .222/.334/.376 but his BABIP was probably 50 points lower than it should be. He needs to strike out less though.

Monte Harrison also could be a very good bat. At various levels since being drafted he's posted 126, 131, 120, 136 and 133 wRC+'s. He may end up in RF but looks like he can play CF for now and he has a 70 grade cannon if he does go to RF.

Brinson is clearly the headliner. He posted a 163 wRC+ in AAA in 2016 and a 146 wRC+ in AAA last year. He probably makes up the future CF/RF combo between him and Harrison for Miami now.

Yamamoto is also pretty interesting. Last two years posted 10.18/2.08 k/bb per 9 and 9.16/2.43 over 134.1 and 111.0 innings respectively. Fangraphs had them as the #1, #3, #6, and #21 prospects in a really good brewers system.

IMO, for this deal to make sense you have to buy into the idea that Yelich has another level. As a 4.5 win player he's ok but he's not amazing and the package of players they gave up is MVP tier IMO.

Also, them picking up Cain is weird. He needs to be in CF I think. Doesn't make a ton of sense to put him in RF. And Yelich doesn't have the arm for RF. I think that means they are moving Braun though Santana really isn't great in RF either so maybe they move him and put Yelich in RF. Not really a good defensive outfield no matter what they do.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Was being a bit sarcastic with that.. couldnt find my green crayon [emoji854]

I’m pretty serious about them now. They add Duffy to Anderson and Davies they match up with the Cubs. Then they still have Nelson pending.

I’m thinking that Santana becomes their trade weight as he has pounded 30 HR last year.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
People will probably disagree with me but I think they overpaid for Yelich. Diaz isn't amazing but he's got a really good bat probably suited for 2B more so than SS. And let's not undersell him. He posted a 169 wRC+ in rookie ball in 2015 and a 143 wRC+ in A ball last year. He fell off a little in A+ this year at .222/.334/.376 but his BABIP was probably 50 points lower than it should be. He needs to strike out less though.

Monte Harrison also could be a very good bat. At various levels since being drafted he's posted 126, 131, 120, 136 and 133 wRC+'s. He may end up in RF but looks like he can play CF for now and he has a 70 grade cannon if he does go to RF.

Brinson is clearly the headliner. He posted a 163 wRC+ in AAA in 2016 and a 146 wRC+ in AAA last year. He probably makes up the future CF/RF combo between him and Harrison for Miami now.

Yamamoto is also pretty interesting. Last two years posted 10.18/2.08 k/bb per 9 and 9.16/2.43 over 134.1 and 111.0 innings respectively. Fangraphs had them as the #1, #3, #6, and #21 prospects in a really good brewers system.

IMO, for this deal to make sense you have to buy into the idea that Yelich has another level. As a 4.5 win player he's ok but he's not amazing and the package of players they gave up is MVP tier IMO.

Also, them picking up Cain is weird. He needs to be in CF I think. Doesn't make a ton of sense to put him in RF. And Yelich doesn't have the arm for RF. I think that means they are moving Braun though Santana really isn't great in RF either so maybe they move him and put Yelich in RF. Not really a good defensive outfield no matter what they do.

Braun has plenty of contract left for a 20 HR bat. He is pretty much untradable.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I’m pretty serious about them now. They add Duffy to Anderson and Davies they match up with the Cubs. Then they still have Nelson pending.

I’m thinking that Santana becomes their trade weight as he has pounded 30 HR last year.
I was being sarcastic with Archer...
Im sure theyll either look to sign Cobb or yes trade an OFer for a SP..

Cain and Yelich dont make the Brewers offense better then the cubs if everyone hitting up to their capabilities..
Cubs just need to make sure they get Darvish or Arrieta and the Brewers dont get one and someone else get the other..

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Brewer fans think it was a pretty fair deal and are thrilled they didnt lose any pitching

On Cain, they think they overpaid

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course I hate that the Brewers are getting better but it's so nice to see baseball stuff happening!

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Brewer fans think it was a pretty fair deal and are thrilled they didnt lose any pitching

On Cain, they think they overpaid

I had to go look at the Brewers team forum to see which players were involved in the Yelich trade for an hour or so, because the article at mlb.com had a featured headline but a 404 error when you tried to view the article.

This was before the Cain signing happened, but on the Yelich trade, I was seeing two "I hate this!" posts for every "I love this!" post. So, as is often true, it seems, take the opposite of what eggy say says and you have something fairly close to the truth... ;)

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I had to go look at the Brewers team forum to see which players were involved in the Yelich trade for an hour or so, because the article at mlb.com had a featured headline but a 404 error when you tried to view the article.

This was before the Cain signing happened, but on the Yelich trade, I was seeing two "I hate this!" posts for every "I love this!" post. So, as is often true, it seems, take the opposite of what eggy say says and you have something fairly close to the truth... ;)
Hey moron, you are new here and on this side of the house we treat each other with a little respect. Given you have been here a nanosecond you may want to think twice about starting shit :)

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Hey moron, you are new here and on this side of the house we treat each other with a little respect. Given you have been here a nanosecond you may want to think twice about starting shit :)

I'm just stating my observations about each of the posts of yours that I have read, and at the amount of respect you are given by the other posters here -- or lack thereof. 'Nuff said... ;)

Made up my mind about the second entry on my ignore list, though. :D