Move on from Yu!!!!!!!

The_Real_Truth

Liked Posts:
At this point I have had enough of the Yu Darvish soap opera. He clearly doesn't want to be here. Stop playing his game, come out as an organization and say No to Yu!!!!!!

Sign Arrieta, Cobb or Lynn and be done. Jake is a #3 starter on the downside of his career. If he doesn't want to take #3 starter money for 3-4 years come out as an organization and say Hell No to Jake. If Cobb thinks he is worth more then 4/64 say........(you know how this sentence ends)!!!!!!!

Sign Lynn and be done!!!!!!!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is 1/2 of the F/A that have not been signed. Pointing at on leak on a sinking ship solves nothing. It it a part of a growing problem.

I am pretty much sitting back and thinking that they are perfectly content with the rotation as is.

They are starting Alzolay in Iowa and Theo has spoken how they feel that he will end up closer to a 1 vs a 5. So if they decide to push status Que right now and toss Monty out there for a year and then let Albert pitch himself into a gig next year I’m cool with it. Add to it they have another control year on Smyly. If anything it makes more sense to sign a flip and sell him at the deadline or that flip might just be Monty

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
At this point I have had enough of the Yu Darvish soap opera. He clearly doesn't want to be here. Stop playing his game, come out as an organization and say No to Yu!!!!!!

Sign Arrieta, Cobb or Lynn and be done. Jake is a #3 starter on the downside of his career. If he doesn't want to take #3 starter money for 3-4 years come out as an organization and say Hell No to Jake. If Cobb thinks he is worth more then 4/64 say........(you know how this sentence ends)!!!!!!!

Sign Lynn and be done!!!!!!!
You are very angry

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It is 1/2 of the F/A that have not been signed. Pointing at on leak on a sinking ship solves nothing. It it a part of a growing problem.

I am pretty much sitting back and thinking that they are perfectly content with the rotation as is.

They are starting Alzolay in Iowa and Theo has spoken how they feel that he will end up closer to a 1 vs a 5. So if they decide to push status Que right now and toss Monty out there for a year and then let Albert pitch himself into a gig next year I’m cool with it. Add to it they have another control year on Smyly. If anything it makes more sense to sign a flip and sell him at the deadline or that flip might just be Monty
If they go with Chatwood and Montgomery at the bottom...
Then Lester Quintana Hendricks have very little margin of error at the top, meaning all 3 need to be at the top of their game with no struggles for them to win ...

Their also going to really need to rely on their bullpen more to eat up alot of innings, cause i dont see any of these guys being able to give them that 7 plus inning most of the times through the rotation to give bullpen a much needed break...

They need Darvish or Arrieta in the rotation, not Montgomery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If they go with Chatwood and Montgomery at the bottom...
Then Lester Quintana Hendricks have very little margin of error at the top, meaning all 3 need to be at the top of their game with no struggles for them to win ...

Their also going to really need to rely on their bullpen more to eat up alot of innings, cause i dont see any of these guys being able to give them that 7 plus inning most of the times through the rotation to give bullpen a much needed break...

They need Darvish or Arrieta in the rotation, not Montgomery

I’m thinking that they were planning a mulligan this year anyways. They went in knowing they would lose 2 starters. They do not want to handcuff them selves from retaining the talent they drafted.

My belief has been for a long time that you need to depend on your farm first. That means pitching also. If signing Yu prevents Theo from being able to give Bryant a mega deal then it becomes a sad state of things.

If they have nothing in the pipe then i get it.

Now on Chatwood and Montgomery. We really don’t know much about Chatwood outside of Col full time.

2017 5-7 3.49
2016 he was 8-1 with a 1.69 ERA out of that park.

Privious history was more learning stints vs established starts.

I would guess that he is a legit MOR arm and holds some intriguing potential.

Montgomery is a league 5. Can spin a gem and also can suffer a game. Rest of the time unremarkable. I’m really not a fan of his but we are talking a #5 starter that you can skip that week if the off’s justify it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I’m thinking that they were planning a mulligan this year anyways. They went in knowing they would lose 2 starters. They do not want to handcuff them selves from retaining the talent they drafted.

My belief has been for a long time that you need to depend on your farm first. That means pitching also. If signing Yu prevents Theo from being able to give Bryant a mega deal then it becomes a sad state of things.

If they have nothing in the pipe then i get it.

Now on Chatwood and Montgomery. We really don’t know much about Chatwood outside of Col full time.

2017 5-7 3.49
2016 he was 8-1 with a 1.69 ERA out of that park.

Privious history was more learning stints vs established starts.

I would guess that he is a legit MOR arm and holds some intriguing potential.

Montgomery is a league 5. Can spin a gem and also can suffer a game. Rest of the time unremarkable. I’m really not a fan of his but we are talking a #5 starter that you can skip that week if the off’s justify it.
Taking a Mulligan again this year doesn't really help for next year...

Theyll still need a TOR type even more and then will have to decide between spending it on Harper/Machado or one of the 3 under 30 FA starters if available....

Lester will be 35, Quintana in an option year... no sure starter ready in system as of now, just potential..

I think it safe to say that Epstein plan with going hard after young hitters via draft and adding the TOR type starting pitchers via FA or trades isnt quite working out as he hoped...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Taking a Mulligan again this year doesn't really help for next year...

Theyll still need a TOR type even more and then will have to decide between spending it on Harper/Machado or one of the 3 under 30 FA starters if available....

Lester will be 35, Quintana in an option year... no sure starter ready in system as of now, just potential..

I think it safe to say that Epstein plan with going hard after young hitters via draft and adding the TOR type starting pitchers via FA or trades isnt quite working out as he hoped...

Yeah, just fucking horrible.

Three straight trips to the final four,300 plus wins and a World Series.

Awful.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yeah, just fucking horrible.

Three straight trips to the final four,300 plus wins and a World Series.

Awful.
Who said anything about the last 3 years...

Conversation about 2018 and 2019

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They are still the best team in the Central. Crew didn’t add to a thin staff. All they did was glut the OF.

So the driving need is really not in the red zone.

I’m pretty sure that they are holding firm on their offers and that is it. It is up to the players to decide if they take them or watch the season start and hoping to get a gig inseason.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who said anything about the last 3 years...

Conversation about 2018 and 2019

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

No, it's not Emoji Boy. You have to do one before you do the other....and that was done over three years ago. The first move sets up the second...and it worked quite well. It's baseball which thrives on it's unpredictability. No one knows how this will play out. They haven't even played a game yet and you're already bitching.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
and now some prominent agents are trying to get all the players to boycott spring training from the lack of money being spent this off season.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No, it's not Emoji Boy. You have to do one before you do the other....and that was done over three years ago. The first move sets up the second...and it worked quite well. It's baseball which thrives on it's unpredictability. No one knows how this will play out. They haven't even played a game yet and you're already bitching.
Again dumbass youre going on about a conversation that dont exist ...

CFS and i are talking about them punting this year and looking ahead to next year...

My statement is in regards to going forward now with those hitters and looking to add the SP via FA and trades isnt looking good for him NOW...

Noone said it didnt work the previous 2-3 yrs with the signing of Lester etc...

He doesn't have the trade chips NOW unless he takes from major league roster to get a TOR type starter...
And
As of now it not working out well trying to bring in one of the two TOR type starter via FA..
And
It not gonna be any easier next offseason via FA , especially if he hoping to get Harper or Machado..

Next year Lester will be 35 and theyll have ro decide on picking up Quintana option...

Plus as of now, i believe there only one SP in system that may be ready and be more then just a BOR type starter next year.. Alzolay

And who bitching??

It called having a conversation and opinion ...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
and now some prominent agents are trying to get all the players to boycott spring training from the lack of money being spent this off season.
Good luck with that...

Tell 700 players that are under contract and getting paid to sit out and lose money for 100 guys who are either looking for more years and or money then offered or are just guys that would be at end of rosters making a million bucks or so....
Not Happening

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again dumbass youre going on about a conversation that dont exist ...

CFS and i are talking about them punting this year and looking ahead to next year...

My statement is in regards to going forward now with those hitters and looking to add the SP via FA and trades isnt looking good for him NOW...

Noone said it didnt work the previous 2-3 yrs with the signing of Lester etc...

He doesn't have the trade chips NOW unless he takes from major league roster to get a TOR type starter...
And
As of now it not working out well trying to bring in one of the two TOR type starter via FA..
And
It not gonna be any easier next offseason via FA , especially if he hoping to get Harper or Machado..

Next year Lester will be 35 and theyll have ro decide on picking up Quintana option...

Plus as of now, i believe there only one SP in system that may be ready and be more then just a BOR type starter next year.. Alzolay

And who bitching??

It called having a conversation and opinion ...

Cool. Get called a "dumbass" by someone who is barely literate.

:aj:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cool. Get called a "dumbass" by someone who is barely literate.

:aj:
Lol.. says the guy who has no clue about the conversation he reading and just throws out a bunch of crap towards someone because he thinks its cool....

Nice emoji....
Should we call you emoji boy now

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Look here is the thing: the Brewers only have 2 starters that are passable.

Q/Lester/Hendricks are all surpierior pitchers. Even adding Yu only makes them comparable.

If they go status que they still have a legit chance to win the division. Signing Yu just pushes the needle. Not changing their fate.

That is why they are not over paying right now. They are not forced into it. Add to it they already added Smyly for future considerations. Then Alzolay will start 2018 in Iowa not Tenn. they hat means if he has a strong first half then they might push his button anyways. Then you get into Tseng who is a 2nd option who could fill a void opened if Montgomery fails.

Then you get into PPD in April that are common place. More days that you can skip a starter in the rotation.

Now I get the whole fear of lower production out of the top 3 or 4. If you want to add Chatwood. I get it. Last year they sat at .500 until they added Q. But it was a whole rotation issue and my belief is the long season played into it. It wasn’t a single instance. This year the strain going in was not as demanding add to it most of these guys were constantly bombarded in the offseason after a WS win. It is really hard to focus on recovery and conditioning.

I see it as they are hungry again and we should see stronger run support which played as a major factor from 2016. Which lets the starters get settled in better.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Look here is the thing: the Brewers only have 2 starters that are passable.

Q/Lester/Hendricks are all surpierior pitchers. Even adding Yu only makes them comparable.

If they go status que they still have a legit chance to win the division. Signing Yu just pushes the needle. Not changing their fate.

That is why they are not over paying right now. They are not forced into it. Add to it they already added Smyly for future considerations. Then Alzolay will start 2018 in Iowa not Tenn. they hat means if he has a strong first half then they might push his button anyways. Then you get into Tseng who is a 2nd option who could fill a void opened if Montgomery fails.

Then you get into PPD in April that are common place. More days that you can skip a starter in the rotation.

Now I get the whole fear of lower production out of the top 3 or 4. If you want to add Chatwood. I get it. Last year they sat at .500 until they added Q. But it was a whole rotation issue and my belief is the long season played into it. It wasn’t a single instance. This year the strain going in was not as demanding add to it most of these guys were constantly bombarded in the offseason after a WS win. It is really hard to focus on recovery and conditioning.

I see it as they are hungry again and we should see stronger run support which played as a major factor from 2016. Which lets the starters get settled in better.

I think you have too much faith in Lester at 34 now, to continue being that no.1 guy...
Quintana and Hendricks are still question marks on what were gonna get from them...

I dont want to just be good enough to contend for a division and like last year have to look to add someone at the deadline to help do that...

I wanna see them add Darvish or another TOR type starter now and start the season being good enough to win the World Series....

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
I think you have too much faith in Lester at 34 now, to continue being that no.1 guy...
Quintana and Hendricks are still question marks on what were gonna get from them...

I dont want to just be good enough to contend for a division and like last year have to look to add someone at the deadline to help do that...

I wanna see them add Darvish or another TOR type starter now and start the season being good enough to win the World Series....

I both agree and disagree.

I agree that, without a TOR starter to fill the Arrieta void, we do not have as dominant a starting pitching staff as we have had in the past few years. And face it, guys, we've been doing it with pitching. The offense has been nice but inconsistent. Those WS rings are from the pitching staff more than anything else.

But -- you can say *any* pitcher out there is a question mark before the season starts. Kershaw? Bad back, you never know how many starts he'll take, or whether he'll be healthy for the post-season. Scherzer? Been on the DL several times the past two seasons. Same with Strasburg. Matt Harvey went from Dark Knight to Bad Joke in less than half a season. Chapman is getting hit pretty hard these days, 103 mph or not....

Darvish is not a perfect answer. No one is. Unless you've got a working time machine or crystal ball, you cannot predict what will happen in the upcoming season. And injuries play a big part of that.

So, maybe Lester gets a tick more mediocre this coming year, as SABREmetrics would predict. But they also predict Quintana will start into his most productive years, as will Hendricks. Maybe Morrow can't close? Then perhaps, again as SABREmetrics would predict, it's the right time for CJ to break through to his highest performance levels.

Maybe we end up picking up lance Lynn, because Cobb, Arrieta and Darvish all sign with other teams 1-2-3, and Lynn puts in a fluke Arrieta-type year and we ride *him* as the TOR donkey that gets us back to the WS.

Maybe the agents call a strike over no one paying 32-year-old pitchers $30 million a year until they turn 40, and we don't play *any* baseball in 2018 over a strike that turns into a lock-out that turns into a Supreme Court challenge to the anti-trust exemption. Such a Spring Training strike could well drive such a thing.

So, yeah -- best thing that could happen would be that the Big Three pitchers will all sign for 4- and 5-year deals, we get things moving along, and the agents cancel their orders for their 12th through 18th yachts. In other words, maybe some sense will prevail....

But -- don't hold your breath.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Better to not sign anyone unless it is a TOR guy. Leave the cap space available and hope you get a crack at whoever turns out to be this years Verlander. Filling another spot with an expensive middle or bottom guy solves nothing for the playoffs.