Who do Bears select at #8 after these FA signings?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So I see it as 4 choices (good thing)

Davenport - Good Defensive teams can not get by with only one good Pass rusher, so I like the pick if he is there.
Nelson - Not sexy, but likely the best thing for the QB and running backs to get a lineman like Nelson. Plus the writing is on the wall, we need a Guard bad.
Jackson - CBs need time to develop and even though 2018 seems to be covered in you re-signings top level guys are hard to find
Ridley - Just because White, does not mean that you do not address the position that was such a struggle last year and just about every year that did not involve Marshall and Jeffery.

My pick if I had to make it - Nelson

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
yeah, I like Kirk as well but believe he s/b long gone by #39. Not a big fan of Sutton maybe Pettis at #39. I don't see the 2nd round as being a "sweet spot for WR" as so many around here say.
Curious if that's just a feeling you have or what makes you say that? If you look at the last 5 drafts, the number of WRs selected in the first 38 picks has been between 4-7 with the average being 5. So statistically speaking we should have our pick at the #5-#6 WR at pick 39. One of:
Calvin Ridley/James Washington/Christian Kirk/Courtland Sutton/Michael Gallup

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anthony Miller
DJ Moore
Christian Kirk
James Washington
Michael Gallup

Would be fine with any of them in the 2nd.

Washington

Liked Posts:
After watching 2 VERY good OLs yesterday and knowing ours is not close to being on par with theirs, I lean towards Nelson. Win the war in the trenches. The 2 OLs yesterday were solid and stopped 2 very good pass rushes.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I did have them strengthening the OL with the Fulton signing. As far as the Nelson pick, I too feel that Pace will not take a guard at #8 especially with so many other holes to fill. Sitton was the 8th ranked guard in 2017 and has been very durable except missing a few games the last 2 seasons. I cant see them cutting him just because he will be 32 and they will not be cutting Long in 2018 either. Although Ridley isn't the greatest value, I too think that's the way they should go at #8. Brooks and Zurelein refer to him as a #1 in their mocks and Jeremiah calls him a top tier #2. I surely don't trust Pace trying to find a top tier WR lower in the draft and I don't see them finding one in FA.

Agreed.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
1. Callahan can’t stay healthy so move on
2. NYG has an old defense and QB so I don’t see them taking a RB

3. If everything falls as you predict, Bears should take Nelson.