Colts Radio Host Desperately Attacks Bears After Swiping Matt Nagy

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Advantage in money to spend, sure, but who wants to play with a team that has a shit offense and defense, with a desperate coaching hire and a GM that just got played? They're going to have to drastically over pay to lure anyone over.

Indy is now right where the Bears just were at.

In the dumps with a lame duck coach (Indy is TBD), shitty current roster (Bears is on upswing), yet $$ to spend doesn't matter if players don't want to be there (Jeffery, FA DBs Bears missed on, etc). Indy can try overpaying like the Redskins always do, or give it a few more years in hopes of good draft building.

Bears are another year removed from being desirable destination but are no longer in the cesspool situation Indy is now. Bears 1st year HC & new offense will need to settle into rhythm and get the train moving. Even a respectable 8-8 2018 should be considered an improvement and ganer some interest at that point.

Remember the floor for salary cap is 80% of the cap over a 4 year span IIRC, so they do HAVE to spend a certain amount, hence a few overpaid guys recently (Glennon the most glaring). Grabbing a few WRs in FA even if overspending is a net wash after cuts of guys that contributed nothing last year. Still more room to spend if the player/contract is right.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why are we keeping McPhee?

I mentioned the most obvious cuts. McPhee may or may not be cut depending on whether he is replaced. Linebacker is a position that might not exactly be upgradable in free agency. McKnee is still effective as long as he's kept on a snap count limit.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I mentioned the most obvious cuts. McPhee may or may not be cut depending on whether he is replaced. Linebacker is a position that might not exactly be upgradable in free agency. McKnee is still effective as long as he's kept on a snap count limit.

LOFL.

Effective?

He's never been effective. Even when he's on a snap count.

The guy is fucking worthless. And IMO, the most obvious cut on the team, aside from Glennon.

He's certainly not 8 million dollars effective, snap count or not.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumor mill now has Frank Reich getting the Colts hc job.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOFL.

Effective?

He's never been effective. Even when he's on a snap count.

The guy is fucking worthless. And IMO, the most obvious cut on the team, aside from Glennon.

He's certainly not 8 million dollars effective, snap count or not.

You seem to think I am advocating his contract. I'm not. Learn the difference. If he was so easily disposable or replaceable he wouldn't still be on the roster.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You seem to think I am advocating his contract. I'm not. Learn the difference. If he was so easily disposable or replaceable he wouldn't still be on the roster.

Hmm....

You did write this " McKnee is still effective as long as he's kept on a snap count limit." Did you not?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hmm....

You did write this " McKnee is still effective as long as he's kept on a snap count limit." Did you not?

How does that translate to me agreeing with how much he's being paid? Mongo being mongo as per usual.