2018 over/under 6.5 wins per Vegas

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Fuck that! I'm laying down a hondo for the Bears to win the SB. At 100-1, I'll take the chance at $10,000. I did that the 1st year the Cubs were good. I thought I was going to win for a moment ... fuckin Mets!

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Without knowing the Vegas line, I'd have predicted 7 wins for us purely because we have better offensive playcalling. With that in mind, I'd take the over on that. I'd wait to see what happens with our WR corps, but from on offensive standpoint we can not be any worse.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whats the payout on that? I would take the over.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I’d be pretty certain of the over. Better team. Better coaches. Better QB. Better receivers. Easier schedule. That better account for at least 2 more wins.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Seems like the over is a sure thing with a new modern offense and the same strong defense with another draft and FA period.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I guessed we'd win no more than five games at the beginning of the season this year and was right. I think the spread is dead on. Mitch Trubisky couldn't get much worse or he won't be in the NFL much longer. He was billed as being drafted because of his accuracy and he missed high a lot.

And I'm not buying Matt Nagy. So we hired a coach who called 5 games at OC last year? Is that right?? Now he's a bonafide HC? Yeah, sure. And if he's ready what's the deal with Childress? The guy couldn't cut it in Minny, remember? All I remember is Vikings fans bitching about firing him constantly. Now he's supposed to help Nagy with his inexperience?

Reminds me of when Lovie was a lame duck, so we hired like three other HCs to help him out. Tice, Martz, and Rod Marinelli. What a joke.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guessed we'd win no more than five games at the beginning of the season this year and was right. I think the spread is dead on. Mitch Trubisky couldn't get much worse or he won't be in the NFL much longer. He was billed as being drafted because of his accuracy and he missed high a lot.

And I'm not buying Matt Nagy. So we hired a coach who called 5 games at OC last year? Is that right?? Now he's a bonafide HC? Yeah, sure. And if he's ready what's the deal with Childress? The guy couldn't cut it in Minny, remember? All I remember is Vikings fans bitching about firing him constantly. Now he's supposed to help Nagy with his inexperience?

Reminds me of when Lovie was a lame duck, so we hired like three other HCs to help him out. Tice, Martz, and Rod Marinelli. What a joke.

Not sure if troll or serious.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
7 wins easy. Take the over.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Sounds about right by Vegas standards. very biased towards recent results.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd probably still take the under until they've shown to have significantly gotten better at WR and QB and the OL can stay healthy. We can have all the hopes and expectations but they haven't done shit yet, and the Bears have not earned the benefit of the doubt in many years.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'd probably still take the under until they've shown to have significantly gotten better at WR and QB and the OL can stay healthy. We can have all the hopes and expectations but they haven't done shit yet, and the Bears have not earned the benefit of the doubt in many years.
At least they replaced the conditioning staff, upgraded the offensive staff and retained the defensive staff... You do not think all of that accounts for two more victories, especially if they upgrade receivers?!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL. The over of course. This team can surely win 7 games with a better coaching staff and even minimal improvements on offense.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At least they replaced the conditioning staff, upgraded the offensive staff and retained the defensive staff... You do not think all of that accounts for two more victories, especially if they upgrade receivers?!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well everyone is trying to upgrade every weakness aren't they? You don't know that the upgrade attempts will make the team better or worse comparative to other teams' efforts until it happens. If only it was so easy as to say "Well we're going to upgrade this/that and be better".

So I can't say what will result in an extra couple of wins because our opponents' upgrades might account for a couple extra wins too.