Vikings hire Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Good hire. Not sure he would want to join the bears after being passed up as HC.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't want Defelippo as OC because if he does well, he's probably gone next season. Granted, you can probably say the same thing about our current OC, but he'd need to have a really exceptional season for that to happen. But I guess it wouldn't be as big of a deal if Nagy is calling the plays.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Colts should have hired him as their HC. Anyway, he should have his pick to go wherever he wants next year.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I actually like Helfrich as the OC. Nice under the radar pick up. I think with Nagy doing the playcalling, Helfrich can contribute by bringing in fresh ideas to the inner circle. Yet if he gets poached doesn't effect the offensive system in place. And is actually less likely to get poached as well... he isn't calling the plays and it isn't really "his" system.

DeFilippo's allure is really just to assume the Eagles system. Which is a weak reason to make someone a head coach. Just like it would be for Helfrich if indeed Nagy puts together a great offense.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He’ll be gone in 1-2 years and they’ll be right back here.