Xbox 360 Slim Power Supply Red Light(Xbox wont work or turn on because of this)

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I try to turn on my xbox this is what happens. Microsoft will be sending me a new power supply. And I just bought 6 new games this week too(Havent really bought any in forever and getting back to playing more again) Has this ever happened to anyone else or anyone you know? Just curious. Heres a video I recorded to show what happened.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G-pqBdd4O8]YouTube - Xbox 360 S (AKA Slim) Power Supply Red Light[/ame]

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
Happened to one of my friends and come to find out it had to do with the power outlet. I found this, you might have already seen it, but it talks more about the problem.

Xbox 360 power supply light is red

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Happened to one of my friends and come to find out it had to do with the power outlet. I found this, you might have already seen it, but it talks more about the problem.

Xbox 360 power supply light is red

Yea I saw this and I tried multiple outlets =/
Thanks though!!
I just have to hope Microsoft doesnt take forever in sending me a new one.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus microsoft cant build a goddamn system worth a fuck... I was on my 4th box and it was about to crap out so i traded it in and am loving the ps3.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus microsoft cant build a goddamn system worth a fuck... I was on my 4th box and it was about to crap out so i traded it in and am loving the ps3.

I played my ps3 alot,especially last year and some at the beginning of this year but everyone I know has xbox 360 and if I go online on my xbox I know for sure people are going to be on but as far as hardware goes I agree with you. Luckily that didnt happen to me that many times. It only happened to me once with my older 360 and after that it never happened again.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:

The PS3 has it's problems too. I agree that the X-Box hardware is weaker, but the PS3 still has it's problems. Here's two overheating videos....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUnMHvXyUqk]YouTube - Playsation 3 Overheat[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdRmZVIg3GM]YouTube - Ps3 Overheating[/ame]

Also look into the PS3's blu-ray issues that can screw up your disc reads, had that issue happen to two people that I know personally. It's actually an expensive fix too, over $100 from the company I believe.

Everytime you buy a gaming system, you ride the chance of system failure. Just buy an extended warranty on any system you own.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The PS3 has it's problems too. I agree that the X-Box hardware is weaker, but the PS3 still has it's problems. Here's two overheating videos....
YouTube - Playsation 3 Overheat
YouTube - Ps3 Overheating

Also look into the PS3's blu-ray issues that can screw up your disc reads, had that issue happen to two people that I know personally. It's actually an expensive fix too, over $100 from the company I believe.

Everytime you buy a gaming system, you ride the chance of system failure. Just buy an extended warranty on any system you own.

Mine is getting fixed right now for the YLOD.. I haven't had any disc issues at all.

At least with the ps3 its a very small percentage of issued systems compared to the xbox.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luckily I havent had the LYOD for my PS3. And I agree,both systems have there own problems.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
YouTube - Playsation 3 Overheat
YouTube - Ps3 Overheating

I've left my ps3 on for days at a time no issues compared to daily xbox fails. I'm lucky I sold my box before it screwed up.

Toews Sideburns

Liked Posts:
Both system have their flaws yes.

Tell us when you get your power supply back dude! Maybe Gamestop has a cheapy available ;).

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both system have their flaws yes.

Tell us when you get your power supply back dude! Maybe Gamestop has a cheapy available ;).

Will do!!! And I would just go and buy one but they dont have it for the new 360 yet to buy it separately like the old xbox 360 so thats why I'm waiting lol. I'm hoping I have it before Christmas though.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The outside covering of the power cable on my older 360 have been falling apart for awhile..

Quality microsoft gaming system.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I've left my ps3 on for days at a time no issues compared to daily xbox fails. I'm lucky I sold my box before it screwed up.

Daily X-Box fails, yet you sold it before it screwed up? What does that even mean? Elaborate.