Saquon Barkley Mock Off Season

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Draft

1[8] RB Saquon Barkley [Penn State] 5'11 223lbs

1,195 receiving yards with 8 touchdown receptions.

Every-down running back with the ability to alter the course of an offense and become a face of the franchise-type player. Barkley has the rare ability to create additional yardage through elusiveness, speed, vision and feel for space in the open field. While he has been tasked with carrying a heavy load at Penn State, their decision to limit his carries somewhat this season could help Barkley headed into his rookie season. Barkley is a buffet runner who thrives with the more plates you give him and he has a chance to become an early All-Pro no matter which team takes him.
-Lance Zierlein

5a1a112fa21ce.image.jpg

* Bears trade RB Jordan Howard to New England Patriots for 2[43]

2[39] DE Rasheem Green [USC] 6'5 280lbs

Jonathan Bullard has been ok but not enough to beat out Mitch Unrien and prove he's a building block of the future for the Bears. If Akiem Hicks ever gets hurt it'll cause waves on our defense.

"I wanted him to go back to school because he probably would have been a top-10 pick next year. He's not strong enough to handle NFL guys yet so this year may be a redshirt year for him. He's got some serious juice though. He's going to be a dude when it all comes together." -- AFC team regional scout

maxresdefault.jpg

* Bears trade 2[43] to Indianapolis Colts for T.Y. Hilton

28 year old T.Y. Hilton was put on the trade block last year and if Andrew Luck's health is still in bad shape or if he needs a nother surgery it might be a good idea to start rebuilding with younger talent for when Andrew Luck does return.

Bears essentially trade Jordan Howard for T.Y. Hilton.

usa-today-8359284.0.jpg

4. OG Wyatt Teller [Virginia Tech] 6'4 301lbs

"He was one of my favorite offensive linemen in the entire conference entering the season and he just got worse as the season went on. He's not the same player he was last year. I don't know if he had a falling out with the coaching staff or what, but he looked like he checked out. I know he's a much better player than he showed this year." - ACC Analyst

wyatt-teller-spring-game-mark-umansky-1.jpg

4. CB Kameron Kelly [San Diego State] 6'2 200lbs

Sources say there are teams out there who are enamored with the idea of playing Kelly at cornerback to take advantage of his length and ball skills. If he gets drafted to play corner, he will require patience as he lacks experience and movement skills to hold up against NFL route-runners. As a safety, teams like his range and ball skills to take it away and flip the field. Kelly's success could be tied to positional and scheme fit more than most.
-Lance Zierlein

maxresdefault.jpg

5. OT Zach Crabtree [Oklahoma State] 6'7 310lbs

Right tackle prospect with good size, length and natural anchor. However, Crabtree's inconsistent base and heavy feet cause him trouble with balance which is highly exploitable by NFL defenders. Crabtree is OK in the run game but simply doesn't control the rep as often as you would like. His biggest concern will come against NFL pass rushers as he has too many instances where he struggles to protect his edges with footwork and redirect strength. Crabtree has backup potential but could struggle badly if forced into a game too early.
-Lance Zierlein

XKABILSAPABJRKU.20151015145704.jpg

6. Joshua Kalu [Nebraska] 6'1 195lbs

Kalu's move to safety produced just average production despite excitement over the move inside the Nebraska program. While he has size and speed and some cover talent, it might be best to continue to play Kalu at safety in order to allow him to grow and gain better perspective on pursuit angles and coverage clues. Kalu has good athletic traits and could land a roster spot if he can prove to be a willing and effective special teams performer.
-Lance Zierlein

joshuakalu.jpg

7. WR Justin Watson [Pennsylvania] 6'3 225lbs

Big, productive receiver with good football character but lacking in long speed and foot quickness. Watson dominated cornerbacks in the Ivy League, but may not have the suddenness to get off press or the acceleration to uncover against tight man coverage. His size and ball skills are intriguing, but he'll need to prove his athletic ability and speed during the lead up to the draft.
-Lance Zierlein

9a8b05db-0727-49b9-a985-a169af7927cb.sized-1000x1000.jpg

Free Agency

Release

QB Mike Glennon
TE Dion Sims
WR Markus Wheaton
LB Jerrel Freeman
LB Pernell McPhee
CB Marcus Cooper

Cap Space after cuts is $73,997,683

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/chicago-bears/

New Contracts

DT Eddie Goldman 5 years 45 million/25 guaranteed
CB Kyle Fuller to 5 years 52 million/15.5 guaranteed
P Pat O'Donnel to 4 years 12 million/5 guaranteed
WR Cameron Meredith to 2 years 8.5 million/4.5 guaranteed
WR Kendall Wright 2 years 5 million/2.5 guaranteed
LB Lamarr Houston to 2 years 8 million/4 guaranteed
LB Christian Jones to 2 years 6.5 million/4 guaranteed
DE Mitch Unrein 2 years 4 million/2 guaranteed
QB Mark Sanchez to 1 year 1.5 million
TE Daniel Brown to 900k

Bears sign OLB Robert Quinn 4 years 50 million/26 million guaranteed

2× Pro Bowl (2013, 2014)

He's only 27 years old and has 62.5 career sacks he is among the elite in the NFL it's looking like his career is done with the Rams and will be looking for a big contract similar to what Jamie Collins got in Cleveland with the Browns.

robert-quinn-joel-bitonio-joe-thomas-nfl-preseason-st.-louis-rams-cleveland-browns2.jpg

Bears sign WR Allen Hurns to 1 year 8.5 million

Allen Hurns has yet to play 16 games in a single season which will make teams wary of giving him a long term contract and with Robinson needing a new contract it wouldn't be surprising to see him cut to make room for Robinson and a QB.

usatsi_95764031.jpg

Bears sign CB David Amerson to 4 years 30 million/14 guaranteed

If Bears won't to compete in the NFC they need an elite secondary the division is getting tough and Bears have a lot of offensive threats Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Steffon Diggs, Adam Thielen.

usatsi_9660662.jpg

Bears sign OLB Jeremiah Attaochu to 1 years 4 million

Jeremiah Attaochu will be looking to shed his injury prone label and battle for a big contract.

KC_draft338456x003_r900x493.jpg

Bears sign RB LeGarrette Blount to 1 year 2.5 million

Bears could want to add a physical, power running back to compliment Barkley if that's the cast Bears should look at Blount.

ap-legarrette-blount-eagles-chargers.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Mitchell Trubisky, Mark Sanchez
RB: Saquon Barkley, Tarik Cohen, LeGarrette Blount
TE: Adam Shaheen, Daniel Brown
RWR: T.Y. Hilton, Cameron Meredith
LWR: Allen Hurns, Kevin White
SWR: Kendall Wright, Justin Watson
LT: Charles Leno
LG: Josh Sitton, Wyatt Teller
C: Cody Whitehair, Eric Kush
RG: Kyle Long, Morgan
RT: Bobby Massie, Zach Crabtree

RE: Rasheem Green, Roy Robertson-Harris
NT: Eddie Goldman
LE: Akiem Hicks, Jonathan Bullard
OLB: Leonard Floyd, Lamarr Houston
ILB: Nick Kwaitowski, Christian Jones
ILB: Danny Trevathan, Azeem Victor
OLB: Robert Quinn, Jeremiah Attaochu
CB: Kyle Fuller, David Amerson, Cre'Von LeBlanc, Kameron Kelly, Bryce Callahan
FS: Eddie Jackson, Joshua Kalu
SS: Adrian Amos, Quintin Demps

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
LOL. What makes you think pats would give a 2nd for Jordan Howard?

martin.johnson73

Liked Posts:
Fantasy!! We don't need Barkley. Look at Philly backs. Our backs are about the same. Bullard still growing he start this year and Unrein will be gone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
I certainly agree with your cuts. I'd cut Young as well.

I don't believe Quinn will get quite that amount of money. He's not quite the player he was I feel. If he does then let someone else pay him. Would rather have 3 low key signings. Guys with potential like Jeremiah Attaochu, Aaron Lynch and Dion Jordan. Then draft someone as well. I would like you bring Houston back.

The Bears could do with another talent at DE. David Irving or Sheldon Richardson opposite Hicks would work well. DaQuan Jones could be interesting. I'd rather try get an EDGE player in the draft in the 2nd round or a WR.

I certainly don't think you need to offer Amerson a 4yr 30m deal. That's crazy money. I'd rather sign Bashaud Breeland pay him more money and partner him with Fuller. I wouldn't be unhappy keeping Amukamara either but Breeland is another level up.

Barkley would be awesome but I'd be very sorry to see Howard go. I do like the Blount signing as the Bears would have a proper 'like for like' back up for Howard. Howard is incredibly cheap for another 2 seasons I think so that's another reason not to swap him out even if Barkley is a better all round talent.

I would rather get Allen Robinson in FA than Allen Hurns but so would everybody I guess including all the other teams with $100m in salary cap space.

T Y Hilton is on a big deal which I'd rather the Bears didn't pay him.

I'd replace Sanchez with Chase Daniel as the back up QB. Has experience working with Nagy.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I certainly agree with your cuts. I'd cut Young as well.

I don't believe Quinn will get quite that amount of money. He's not quite the player he was I feel. If he does then let someone else pay him. Would rather have 3 low key signings. Guys with potential like Jeremiah Attaochu, Aaron Lynch and Dion Jordan. Then draft someone as well. I would like you bring Houston back.

The Bears could do with another talent at DE. David Irving or Sheldon Richardson opposite Hicks would work well. DaQuan Jones could be interesting. I'd rather try get an EDGE player in the draft in the 2nd round or a WR.

I certainly don't think you need to offer Amerson a 4yr 30m deal. That's crazy money. I'd rather sign Bashaud Breeland pay him more money and partner him with Fuller. I wouldn't be unhappy keeping Amukamara either but Breeland is another level up.

Barkley would be awesome but I'd be very sorry to see Howard go. I do like the Blount signing as the Bears would have a proper 'like for like' back up for Howard. Howard is incredibly cheap for another 2 seasons I think so that's another reason not to swap him out even if Barkley is a better all round talent.

I would rather get Allen Robinson in FA than Allen Hurns but so would everybody I guess including all the other teams with $100m in salary cap space.

T Y Hilton is on a big deal which I'd rather the Bears didn't pay him.

I'd replace Sanchez with Chase Daniel as the back up QB. Has experience working with Nagy.

LOL bears fans crack me up.

Sure, let's cut Willie Young, the guy who's be a constant on the defense amid a horrible season ending injury in 2016. His 4.5 million base salary sure is crippling the 42 million in cap space Pace has the play around with first. And, lets go ahead and create another hole at a position where the bears need 2 right now and would only have Leonard Floyd on the depth chart as an edge rusher if you cut McPhee and Young and walk into free agency!

The Seattle Seahawks just gave up Jermaine Kearse and their 2nd round pick in 2018 for Sheldon Richardson, and currently sit with 19 million in cap space (before they can cut a slew of players like Cliff Avril, Richard Sherman), and their GM is on record multiple times saying Sheldon (not Paul) is their offseason priority.

But don't let those pesky details get in the way. Let's just add him to the bears! Because.....teams don't need playmakers they invested in?

Help me with the logic on that one.

Dion Jordan and Jerry Attachou have potential? So that's why both combined to start 0 games in 2017 and only 1 in 2016?

A 27 year old multi-year pro bowl pass rusher coming off a very good rebound season where he wasn't good in 2016, and where he was out of position as an edge in a 3-4 defense but is a prototypical 4-3 DE won't get paid 12-13 per season if the rams (with 52 million in cap space) somehow cut him? Let's consider for a second that young, talented pass rushers--like quarterbacks--dont just walk into free agency very often. And you don't think teams would come calling for that?

The bears paid 30 year old Julius Peppers how much? How much did 29 year old Ndamakong Suh get? How about 27 year old Malik Jackson last year? No, I don't think Quinn is a "once in a generational" defensive end, but if the rams somehow stupidly let him go (in Dez's wildest fantasies, teams cut productive players just because); you don't think he gets paid?

Puff puff pass, friend. Whatever you're smoking must be dank.