Minkah Fitzpatrick there at 8. Do you take him?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think he's the same level of athlete that Ramsey is. He's going to be a good player, but I'm not sure at outside corner.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
MInkah is an elite prospect but from what little tape I have seen he does not project to be a shut down corner in the NFL. He looks to be better off as a safety, and he is a damn fine prospect, but to think he is the next jalen Ramsey is just flat out wrong.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The numbers don't lie. Kyle Fuller was the most targeted corner on the team and Callahan was the least. Frankly I don't give a shit about your opinions anymore. You're a few more stupid posts from landing on my blocked list.

Oh so a NB (that don't play as many downs as starting CB's) that played 12 games was targeted less then a starting CB that played all 16 games?? Ya don't say...lol. WTF...lol.

We've been talking for months how much more K.Fuller was targeted over Amukamara but you wanna talk about how he was targeted more than our NB. LOL

Please put me on your block list. I'm pretty sure i've already asked you to like months ago.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh so a NB (that don't play as many downs as starting CB's) that played 12 games was targeted less then a starting CB that played all 16 games?? Ya don't say...lol. WTF...lol.

We've been talking for months how much more K.Fuller was targeted over Amukamara but you wanna talk about how he was targeted more than our NB. LOL

Please put me on your block list. I'm pretty sure i've already asked you to like months ago.

The Bears were in their sub package 65% of the time...that is a significant amount and even if you do the math and adjust for that...he still is the least targeted cornerback on the team. Holy shit you really like to speak nonsense. To be honest its almost like you want to compete with Winman and Alpha Male for least insightful poster on the CCS.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not one interception his last season in college... Only 3 his entire college campaign, and the majority of analysts predicted Ramsey best at safety. Get your facts straight

Oh, and Saban said Minkah's the best DB he has ever coached, which has a long list of stars on it. He won't make it to 8, if he does it's an easy decision for Pace.

Didn't Saban say the same thing about E.Jackson being the best DB he's ever coached last season?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears were in their sub package 65% of the time...that is a significant amount and even if you do the math and adjust for that...he still is the least targeted cornerback on the team. Holy shit you really like to speak nonsense. To be honest its almost like you want to compete with Winman and Alpha Male for least insightful poster on the CCS.

12 games compared to 16 games. Oh snap you don't know math....my bad. Lets talk nonsense dummy...lol

BLOCK LIST BLOCK LIST BLOCK LIST BLOCK LIST.................................

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, you can come up with a targeted percentage that is adjusted for games missed and amount of snaps played based on total defensive snaps...you straight live the foot in mouth lifestyle.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Even with 4 QBs in the top 8, Fitzpatrick likely won’t be there at 8. But I count him among the guys who are legitimately elite prospects.

There’s quite a few guys I’d be psyched with at 8. Fitzpatrick I’d go crazy for. Same with Davenport. Wouldn’t complain with Nelson. I’ve defended Ridley.

Even though we joke or don’t joke about all the elite guys being taken a spot before the Bears, they’re actually bound to have some really good options at 8.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You guys are hilarious! How many teams have their #1 target playing in the slot?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys are hilarious! How many teams have their #1 target playing in the slot?

The Redskins had Kendall Fuller in the slot. He was actually graded as their best defensive player for the entire season and was the #1 nickelback in the NFL. And the dumbasses handed him over in the deal for Alex Smith.

Edit: I know what you meant though. You were talking about offensive player not best defensive corner. Sometimes outside receivers do line up in the slot. It may not be a common occurrence due to the offense they play in but it does happen. The Chiefs were an example of an offense that put their receivers in the X, Y or Z based on how they wanted to present themselves to the defense on the field and who they were trying to scheme open.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Didn't Saban say the same thing about E.Jackson being the best DB he's ever coached last season?

You have a problem having 2 of the best players from one of, if not the best NCAA coach in history?...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I wasn’t talking about college. You said he’s the next Ramsey with better ball skills. You are basically saying he will be better than Ramsey. I doubt that...

And who cares what Saban said, he never coached Ramsey so how is that relevant?

Also, many are saying Minkah should be a safety as well.

But I was initially... Comparing a college player to a guy who has 2 years experience in the best pass rushing defense in the nfl isn’t a wise thing to do. I was comparing their draft evaluations and college game.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised there's no mention of Roquan Smith as a possibility to take at #8.

I think he may be the best LB prospect overall in this class.

AussieBear

never seen him play play.. so no..

no on barkley, and no on dis midget named fitzpatrick.. nexxx

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Perhaps we should see how he performs at the combine before we say he can't play outside corner. If his his hips and lateral movement are concern then there are tests at the combine that can check for that.

As it stands now, I would think the Bears seriously consider him at 8 but again let's see what he does at the combine and who we pick up in FA. It is pretty wild to speculate at this point when we don't have a clear picture of these guys athleticism and who we picked up in FA.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm surprised there's no mention of Roquan Smith as a possibility to take at #8.

I think he may be the best LB prospect overall in this class.

Roquan could be the next Navarro Bowman. Would not mind him at 8, but I’m hoping Nick takes a big step this offseason. I wouldn’t pass Edmunds up for him though

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Roquan could be the next Navarro Bowman. Would not mind him at 8, but I’m hoping Nick takes a big step this offseason. I wouldn’t pass Edmunds up for him though

He's a little small but he's a smart guy on the field.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Minkah is an interesting player. I thought early on in the process he could be a full-time CB but it seems like scouts have some concerns about his hips and his lateral movement. I think if he were a CB in a heavy Zone system like Lovie's Cover 2 or the Steeler's zone blitz scheme he could do real well but you can't ask him to cover top WR's in man coverage.

He is at his best coming down-hill anyway so he will be a safety most of the time who can motion out and cover, play nickel DB or even play as a linebacker up at the LOS.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Bears will get the most use out of him considering our two safeties have been promising. I would go Nelson or Davenport before Minkah and I was a big Minkah fan.

I would have no problem replacing Amos with Minkah. Fitzpatrick and Jackson along with Fuller and Amukamara looks like a solid, young, secondary.