1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
On Nick Foles

Benjamin Allbright@AllbrightNFL
1h1 hour ago
Benjamin Allbright Retweeted John
League interest seems to be significantly lower than fan interest.

on what McCaron will command

1h1 hour ago
$18 mil per

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
On Nick Foles

1h1 hour ago
Benjamin Allbright Retweeted John
League interest seems to be significantly lower than fan interest.

on what McCaron will command

1h1 hour ago
$18 mil per

QB's the league over owe The Giraffe a beer.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Wow, really cool article, thanks for posting...

Bill Belichick was wearing a microphone for NFL Films the last time the Patriots routed the Dolphins, which was less than two weeks ago.

“Landry, where is he?” Belichick says.

“Let’s make sure we get Landry,” Belichick says.

“Doubling Landry,” Belichick says.

Everyone knows Belichick tries to take away the oppositions’ most dangerous threat. And Belichick, clearly, has determined that for the Dolphins, that is Landry.

[RELATED STORY: The Miami Dolphins won Sunday. Want a bigger win? Pay Jarvis Landry.]

When Matt Moore threw an interception to DeVante Parker on a fade in the end zone in the last meeting, Belichick had made it clear he wanted Landry double-teamed. The plan clearly worked.

So with Landry so often double-teamed by the Patriots, should Miami work away from Landry?

The Dolphins say no. They think they can beat it. They don’t fear it.

“I still made plays,” Landry said Friday. “I still had opportunities. I don’t expect nothing less these days. That’s just a normal thing. I’m still open.”

Dolphins coach and playcaller Adam Gase isn’t afraid of the double-team, either.

“(Landry’s) a tough guy to match up,” Gase said. “Even on that fourth down (in the last meeting), they had him doubled and he still found a way to find a little bit of a hole. The guy made a great play and jarred the ball enough loose to where he hit the ground before he could gather that. Even when he gets doubled, he finds a way to get open.”

Gase and Landry try to make it harder for New England to double Landry by moving him around the field.

“I usually have an idea what’s going on going into the game,” Gase said. “It’s not breaking news to anybody that I’m pretty sure I know who most teams try to take away on the offense. You just try to make it hard on them and try to keep Jarvis (Landry) doing the things he does well (and at the) same time, don’t make him a sitting duck where he lines up in the same spot play after play after play and everybody knows where he’s at.”

There is also a really cool little video embedded in the article...

Landry does everything Edelman/Welker/Amendola/Woodhead do combined, but better and doesn't come with the shit injury history those guys had/have. Of course BB salivates over him, he would be a perfect fit in Nagy's featureless, spread scheme.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The best endorsement any player can have is to have Bill Belichick scheme to take you away.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
spending big in FA usually doesnt result in jack shit for the teams that do so, so im fine if the bears dont make any splashy moves.

just draft well and build.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
spending big in FA usually doesnt result in jack shit for the teams that do so, so im fine if the bears dont make any splashy moves.

They need to make some moves this year, the right moves. The Eagles made the right moves with Jeffery and Torrey Smith.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There is no exact science to it. The Jags have been big spenders in FA the last couple of years and it seemed to pay of for them.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
LaCanfora said Kyle Fuller will not be returning to the Bears.

Aaron Leming‏Verified account
@AaronLemingNFL
Following Following @AaronLemingNFL
Jason La Canfora saying CB Kyle Fuller won't be returning to the #Bears next year, which means you can count on the exact opposite happening.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Brad Biggs‏Verified account
@BradBiggs
Following Following @BradBiggs
#Colts and GM Chris Ballard lured former #Bears strength coach Rusty Jones out of retirement. He will be Indy's director of sports performance. Jones was asset for #Bears under Lovie Smith and of course knows knew Indy coach Frank Reich from shared time in Buffalo.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

@AaronLemingNFL
Jason La Canfora saying CB Kyle Fuller won't be returning to the #Bears next year, which means you can count on the exact opposite happening.

My faith in Pace would waver greatly if he lets go of yet another high draft pick impact player.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
My faith in Pace would waver greatly if he lets go of yet another high draft pick impact player.

It is LaCanfora so I really do not trust much of what he says. We will see but I have to agree, you cannot let him go. If you do, you better replace him with a very good CB.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

@AaronLemingNFL

This would certainly change FA and Draft plans.

Who is the better fit for our Defense? Trumaine Johnson or Malcom Butler? Will Aaron Colvin hit FA?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If Fuller doesn’t come back it’s because he wants out or wants to be the highest paid corner. With the defensive staff back in place and Fuller finally playing to his potential I can’t see pace letting him leave or Fangio not lobbying extremely hard for him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"Kyle Fuller is going to find a lucrative market ahead and will not be returning to Chicago."
- @JasonLaCanfora

If we lose Fuller to sign a bunch of B list free agents again I am going to lose my mind.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

I think that if Fangio wants him, they bring him back, and if they let him go, it's a pretty good indication that Fangio doesn't want him back, which is good enough for me. I still can't get the memory of him being abused by the Brett Hundley led Packer offense in what was the only semi meaningful game of the season.

If they do let him walk, I expect they will make a big push for Malcolm Butler.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I think that if Fangio wants him, they bring him back, and if they let him go, it's a pretty good indication that Fangio doesn't want him back, which is good enough for me. I still can't get the memory of him being abused by the Brett Hundley led Packer offense in what was the only semi meaningful game of the season.

If they do let him walk, I expect they will make a big push for Malcolm Butler.

Exactly, you finally convince Fangio to come back and to let his number 1 corner go will piss him off. If It comes out that Fangio doesn’t want himthen that is something else entirely

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jarvis Landry = Charlie Joiner did not have great speed or jumping ability but produced!!!! Joiner finished his 18 AFL/NFL seasons with 750 receptions for 12,146 yards (16.2 average per catch) and 65 touchdowns. We would be fine with something like this along side Trubs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Fuller doesn’t come back it’s because he wants out or wants to be the highest paid corner. With the defensive staff back in place and Fuller finally playing to his potential I can’t see pace letting him leave or Fangio not lobbying extremely hard for him.

The excuse making for Pace is in already starting. If Fuller doesn't come back then one has to question Pace's ability to attract players. It is Pace's job to close deals.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jarvis Landry = Charlie Joiner did not have great speed or jumping ability but produced!!!! Joiner finished his 18 AFL/NFL seasons with 750 receptions for 12,146 yards (16.2 average per catch) and 65 touchdowns. We would be fine with something like this along side Trubs.

You lost me with the bold. Joiner caught 70 passes on 3 times in 18 yards with 72 being his season high. He was a low volume big play type of guy averaging 16.2 YPC over his career and less than 14 YPC only 3 times in his career (rookie year and then 2 out of his last 3 years when he was 37 and 39). Landy by contrast is a high volume low YPC WR as he has never had higher than 12.1 YPC. In fact, Joiner beat Landry's career high in all of his seasons in the NFL except his rookie year where he caught 7 balls for 11 YPC.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
"Kyle Fuller is going to find a lucrative market ahead and will not be returning to Chicago."
- @JasonLaCanfora

If we lose Fuller to sign a bunch of B list free agents again I am going to lose my mind.

B List? Those 2017 free agency signings could go down as the worst ever. Pace’s only saving grace is that none were long term commitments.