Free Agency news

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If you think McPhee is better than Floyd than I don't know what to say.
Mcphee was a better run defender and had more pressures but Floyd was doing better overall year 2 and even if he didnt have the sack total to show for it was more consistent. Floyd is fine he needs to keep getting better for us. Stay healthy.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mcphee was a better run defender and had more pressures but Floyd was doing better overall year 2 and even if he didnt have the sack total to show for it was more consistent. Floyd is fine he needs to keep getting better for us. Stay healthy.

But Floyd, at best, is not an elite pass rusher. He will only have those impressive sack totals if he is opposite an elite pass rushing OLB/DE.
Floyd does everything good; but nothing great. Pace needs an impact pass rusher.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But Floyd, at best, is not an elite pass rusher. He will only have those impressive sack totals if he is opposite an elite pass rushing OLB/DE.
Floyd does everything good; but nothing great. Pace needs an impact pass rusher.

He's not one currently. But I wouldn't write him off either at this point. The talent is there IMO.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
No, he isn't elite yet and you really have to be concerned about the concussion issue. One more like that last one and he may very well be done for good.

That will end a career much faster than a blown knee or sub par play.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not only is he not elite and has an issue staying healthy, he is old. He will already be 26 entering his 3rd year and will be 29 after his 5th year.

So the fact is Floyd may only last until his rookie contract expires so he doesn't have a lot of time to become elite for us and if he does then he will cost a fuck ton at an age where a long term contract isn't as great an idea.

Part of the reason age is important in a prospect. You are better off drafting someone who will have more prime years when they become a FA.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not only is he not elite and has an issue staying healthy, he is old. He will already be 26 entering his 3rd year and will be 29 after his 5th year.

So the fact is Floyd may only last until his rookie contract expires so he doesn't have a lot of time to become elite for us and if he does then he will cost a fuck ton at an age where a long term contract isn't as great an idea.

Part of the reason age is important in a prospect. You are better off drafting someone who will have more prime years when they become a FA.

Now 26 is old......SMDH

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
ProFootballTalk

@ProFootballTalk
17m17 minutes ago

Competition Committee Chair Rich McKay vows the new rule against lowering the helmet will be a "substantial change" to the game of football and that penalties will be called often enough to make players players stop lowering their heads to initiate contact

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
When he was healthy, Floyd was all over the field. He was not getting all the sacks, however he was disruptive. I think he is one of the top rushers in the NFL when healthy and is only going to get better. Anyone would have got hurt the way he was run into last year (was just a fluke injury).

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
ProFootballTalk

@ProFootballTalk
17m17 minutes ago

Competition Committee Chair Rich McKay vows the new rule against lowering the helmet will be a "substantial change" to the game of football and that penalties will be called often enough to make players players stop lowering their heads to initiate contact

All RBs hit the hole with their head down. This might be the dumbest rule implemented to date. Is there a minimum angle the plane of the facemask and the ground cannot break for it to be a penalty?

NFL needs to get rid of these gladiator helmets and go back to a soft cap.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All RBs hit the hole with their head down. This might be the dumbest rule implemented to date. Is there a minimum angle the plane of the facemask and the ground cannot break for it to be a penalty?

NFL needs to get rid of these gladiator helmets and go back to a soft cap.

I can see it now, fourth and goal with one play left. Hand off to the power back.............

Hammer

Liked Posts:
I'm just waiting for a day when NFL will ban tackling and make a name change to FFL (Flag Football League).

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The New York Daily News' Gary Myers reports Odell Beckham "has told a couple of Rams players he wants in."
The Rams also clearly want to acquire Beckham and reportedly have put the No. 23 pick on the table. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Giants are looking for "at least two first-round picks," however, and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Giants would have to be "blown away." That asking price could change if Beckham says he will not sign an extension, but right now it is unclear if the Rams are willing to give up a king's ransom while also agreeing to Beckham's lofty contract demands. It seems absurd for the Giants to trade Beckham, but there is enough smoke around this story to take it seriously.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Beckham is a headcase. 2 picks and paying him big bucks then having to deal with him? All the talent in the world but that price is too high.

Luke

Liked Posts:
The New York Daily News' Gary Myers reports Odell Beckham "has told a couple of Rams players he wants in."
The Rams also clearly want to acquire Beckham and reportedly have put the No. 23 pick on the table. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Giants are looking for "at least two first-round picks," however, and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Giants would have to be "blown away." That asking price could change if Beckham says he will not sign an extension, but right now it is unclear if the Rams are willing to give up a king's ransom while also agreeing to Beckham's lofty contract demands. It seems absurd for the Giants to trade Beckham, but there is enough smoke around this story to take it seriously.

I think the Giants would trade him for the right price. They might not get 2 first rounders, but it could be #23, maybe Kupp/Woods and their 3rd rounder. I'd like a solid receiver in return if i'm the NYG.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

I think you are exaggerating the age factor a bit.

If Floyd plays well the next 2 years, they probably are going to extend him before the 5th year even begins. Let's pretend he is considered very good but not "elite". Who wouldn't want a very good OLB that is 27 years old (would be 28 at the start of year 5)?

Now, if it is determined that he is not a difference maker we all thought he could be, then they might ride out the 5th year and then let him walk. But that would have more to do with his contribution than his age.